|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
2. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
3. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
4. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
5. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
2. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
3. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
5. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)