|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The America Play, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
(a) "Kings lived in castles."
(b) "Men were ignorant."
(c) "Before Columbus."
(d) "Dinosaurs ruled."
2. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
3. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A riding crop.
(b) His fist.
(c) A belt.
(d) A cord.
4. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
5. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A broadcaster.
(c) A priest.
(d) A young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
2. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
3. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
4. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
5. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)