|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, The America Play, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
2. Who appears to ask for more contributions in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
3. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
4. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Bermuda shorts.
(b) Leather jacket.
(c) White boots.
(d) Cowboy hat.
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Hair nor feathers.
(b) Claws nor fangs.
(c) Hate nor distrust.
(d) Language nor direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Pickling" first produced?
2. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
3. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how Charles once did what?
4. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
5. What word refers to that made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)