Section 1, Essays
1. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
2. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
3. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
4. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
5. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(a) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(c) "The America Play."
(d) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
6. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(a) The Sinner's Place.
(b) In The Blood.
7. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Shared with others.
(b) Expressed in the form of a play.
(c) Told in detail.
(d) Put on display.
This section contains 4,474 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)