|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Coulter and Arsiel's plan?
2. What name does Lyra give the Harpy that saved her?
3. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
4. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
5. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Gomez didn't want to hurt Will.
1) Explain why he was alright with hurting Lyra but not Will.
2) What did it reveal to the reader about Father Gomez that he had been asking forgiveness for killing Lyra long before he had done it so that he would be absolved of the sin?
Essay Topic 2
When Mary and Will return to their world she tells him that she will look after him and help him if she can.
1) Was it necessary that Will have Mary? Explain.
2) How would Will's return to his world have been different without her?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why did Tialys and the Lady decide not to talk about the fact that they were dying?
2) In what way was death portrayed in the book? Did it change the perception of death to have it suddenly arrive as a person that is kind?
3) What did Will mean when he said if he killed the frog they would be taking it with them?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)