|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary see when the Mulefa from the neighboring village come to get her?
2. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
3. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
4. What does Will tell his father that Will is not?
5. What does Mary suggest they do to pass the time while Lyra and Will tell their story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the knife. Why was the thought of Will's mother and eventually the thought of Lyra enough to break the knife? When Iorek had said that the knife might have intentions of it's own was he right? Did the knife have a consciousness? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
THE AMBER SPYGLASS is the third book in the series.
1) Is it necessary to have read the other books to understand this one?
2) What are some of the plots that are unanswered in the story?
3) Does it add or detract from the book to have a plot or subplot left open.
Essay Topic 3
What role did the witches play in the story? What did it signify that Will and Lyra were now part of their clan. Mary was never told that she was a witch but Serafina Pekkala did tell her that she had a sister and showed Mary how to see her daemon. What does this indicate to the reader about Mary? Explain.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)