|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Coulter tell them she arrived at the College?
2. How does Serafina Pekkala wake Mary Malone?
3. What does Mary see getting out of the water at night?
4. What does Father Gomez see when a bird hisses at him?
5. What does Father Gomez realize about the large birds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will and Lyra had shared many things.
1) Did it add anything to the story to know that Will and Lyra were both witches? Explain the importance of this information.
2) Why did Lyra and Will have to part at the end of the story?
3) Is it possible that they are ever able to find a way to be together? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
When Mary and Will return to their world she tells him that she will look after him and help him if she can.
1) Was it necessary that Will have Mary? Explain.
2) How would Will's return to his world have been different without her?
Essay Topic 3
What role did the witches play in the story? What did it signify that Will and Lyra were now part of their clan. Mary was never told that she was a witch but Serafina Pekkala did tell her that she had a sister and showed Mary how to see her daemon. What does this indicate to the reader about Mary? Explain.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)