Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
3. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
5. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
Essay Topic 1
Father Gomez didn't want to hurt Will.
1) Explain why he was alright with hurting Lyra but not Will.
2) What did it reveal to the reader about Father Gomez that he had been asking forgiveness for killing Lyra long before he had done it so that he would be absolved of the sin?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the different quests that the characters in the book were on.
1) What was the ultimate quest of Will? Lyra?
2) Did any of the characters in the book truly know what their part in the story was from the beginning? Give examples.
3) Did the quests stay the same for the characters through the story? Explain. Did this add to the story or detract?
Essay Topic 3
Father Gomez appeared he was going to take a large part in the story.
1) Why did the author never allow Father Gomez to be seen by the children?
2) What was the significance of the angel killing Father Gomez? Why didn't he go and tell the children?
3) What did it give to the reader to see Father Gomez and his tracking of Lyra through Mary? Explain.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)