|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
2. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
3. How do the daemons know that what Serafina told them is true?
4. Where do Specters come from according to Pantalaimon and Kijava?
5. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Dust, Shadows and Sraf are all the same thing. Explain the difference between Dust and the angels.
2) Angels were said to have worked Mary Malones machine. Was her machine worked by the same thing as the alethiometer? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Coulter is Lyra's mother but they have a non traditional relationship. Explain the relationship between this mother and daughter pair as it appears in the first of the book. Explain how it is different at the end of the book. What events take place that cause these changes?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why was it Will and Lyra that suddenly changed the flow of the Dust?
2) Explain why no one else could have changed the flow of the Dust or could they have?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)