Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
3. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
5. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
Mary realized that the alethiometer and the Subtle Knife were created at the same point in time. What connection do the alethiometer and the knife have? Why was it important to know that they had been created at the same time? Are they complimentary to one other, or in opposition? Explain your reasoning.
Will and Lyra had shared many things.
1) Did it add anything to the story to know that Will and Lyra were both witches? Explain the importance of this information.
2) Why did Lyra and Will have to part at the end of the story?
3) Is it possible that they are ever able to find a way to be together? Explain your reasoning.
Father Gomez appeared he was going to take a large part in the story.
1) Why did the author never allow Father Gomez to be seen by the children?
2) What was the significance of the angel killing Father Gomez? Why didn't he go and tell the children?
3) What did it give to the reader to see Father Gomez and his tracking of Lyra through Mary? Explain.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)