|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary suggest they do to pass the time while Lyra and Will tell their story?
2. How does Serafina Pekkala wake Mary Malone?
3. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
4. What happens when the bomb suddenly goes off?
5. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why was it Will and Lyra that suddenly changed the flow of the Dust?
2) Explain why no one else could have changed the flow of the Dust or could they have?
Essay Topic 2
Global Warming was tied into the story with Iorek and his clan forced to move to find a different home.
1) Why did the author put this factor into the story? What impression does it give the reader?
2) How would the story have been different if there had been no mention of the global warming?
3) What other aspects of the book tie to things currently happening in the world? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Coulter is Lyra's mother but they have a non traditional relationship. Explain the relationship between this mother and daughter pair as it appears in the first of the book. Explain how it is different at the end of the book. What events take place that cause these changes?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)