|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
2. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
3. What is Mrs. Coulter and Arsiel's plan?
4. What happens when Will and Lyra help the creature out of the litter the ghasts had been attacking?
5. What does Mary say about love when Lyra says that witches are fierce?
Essay Topic 1
Iorek eats Lee's body earlier on in the story. What does this tell the reader and was it significant that the reader know that Iorek had eaten Lee's body? Explain. In cannibalistic cultures, it was believed that devouring someone could give the eater part of the creatures memories or characteristics. Do you think this has a bearing on Iorek's decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the knife. Why was the thought of Will's mother and eventually the thought of Lyra enough to break the knife? When Iorek had said that the knife might have intentions of it's own was he right? Did the knife have a consciousness? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Mary and Will return to their world she tells him that she will look after him and help him if she can.
1) Was it necessary that Will have Mary? Explain.
2) How would Will's return to his world have been different without her?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)