Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
3. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
5. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
Essay Topic 1
Global Warming was tied into the story with Iorek and his clan forced to move to find a different home.
1) Why did the author put this factor into the story? What impression does it give the reader?
2) How would the story have been different if there had been no mention of the global warming?
3) What other aspects of the book tie to things currently happening in the world? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Will is forced to take care of his mother.
1) Given Will's age what does it say that he tries so hard to take care of his mother?
2) Why is Will so frightened of going to live in a home? Of his mother going to an institution?
3) Was Will's role with his mother crucial to the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Will and Lyra had shared many things.
1) Did it add anything to the story to know that Will and Lyra were both witches? Explain the importance of this information.
2) Why did Lyra and Will have to part at the end of the story?
3) Is it possible that they are ever able to find a way to be together? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)