Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
3. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
5. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
Essay Topic 1
Will is forced to take care of his mother.
1) Given Will's age what does it say that he tries so hard to take care of his mother?
2) Why is Will so frightened of going to live in a home? Of his mother going to an institution?
3) Was Will's role with his mother crucial to the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the knife. Why was the thought of Will's mother and eventually the thought of Lyra enough to break the knife? When Iorek had said that the knife might have intentions of it's own was he right? Did the knife have a consciousness? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Why was it Will and Lyra that suddenly changed the flow of the Dust?
2) Explain why no one else could have changed the flow of the Dust or could they have?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)