|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say about love when Lyra says that witches are fierce?
2. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
3. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter say that she and Lord Asriel should have done?
5. Why does Serafina tell the daemons to take in their surroundings as they see them now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Gomez didn't want to hurt Will.
1) Explain why he was alright with hurting Lyra but not Will.
2) What did it reveal to the reader about Father Gomez that he had been asking forgiveness for killing Lyra long before he had done it so that he would be absolved of the sin?
Essay Topic 2
Will and Lyra had shared many things.
1) Did it add anything to the story to know that Will and Lyra were both witches? Explain the importance of this information.
2) Why did Lyra and Will have to part at the end of the story?
3) Is it possible that they are ever able to find a way to be together? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
THE AMBER SPYGLASS is the third book in the series.
1) Is it necessary to have read the other books to understand this one?
2) What are some of the plots that are unanswered in the story?
3) Does it add or detract from the book to have a plot or subplot left open.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)