|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
2. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
3. What does Will and Lyra see over head while they are running through the battle field?
4. What makes Will and Lyra blush?
5. What happens to Mary while she is swaying on the platform in the tree tops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE AMBER SPYGLASS is the third book in the series.
1) Is it necessary to have read the other books to understand this one?
2) What are some of the plots that are unanswered in the story?
3) Does it add or detract from the book to have a plot or subplot left open.
Essay Topic 2
What role did the witches play in the story? What did it signify that Will and Lyra were now part of their clan. Mary was never told that she was a witch but Serafina Pekkala did tell her that she had a sister and showed Mary how to see her daemon. What does this indicate to the reader about Mary? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Father Gomez didn't want to hurt Will.
1) Explain why he was alright with hurting Lyra but not Will.
2) What did it reveal to the reader about Father Gomez that he had been asking forgiveness for killing Lyra long before he had done it so that he would be absolved of the sin?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)