|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
2. What had Mary told the Mulefa was needed in order for her spyglass to work?
3. What are the bears on a journey to do?
4. Who does Iorek say that he will side with in the coming war?
5. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
2. What does Lyra do when her own death appears?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 16 after Mrs. Coulter is shown the intention craft?
4. Describe the scene in which Father MacPhail is attempting to set off the mahine that will kill Lyra.
5. Describe the relationship between Mary and Atal as it is shown in Chapter 17.
6. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
7. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
8. What do Lyra and Will decide about their daemons when they awake.
9. Describe the scene where Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel defeat Metatron.
10. Why are the bears looking for a new home as it is described in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Gomez appeared he was going to take a large part in the story.
1) Why did the author never allow Father Gomez to be seen by the children?
2) What was the significance of the angel killing Father Gomez? Why didn't he go and tell the children?
3) What did it give to the reader to see Father Gomez and his tracking of Lyra through Mary? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
THE AMBER SPYGLASS is the third book in the series.
1) Is it necessary to have read the other books to understand this one?
2) What are some of the plots that are unanswered in the story?
3) Does it add or detract from the book to have a plot or subplot left open.
Essay Topic 3
When Mary and Will return to their world she tells him that she will look after him and help him if she can.
1) Was it necessary that Will have Mary? Explain.
2) How would Will's return to his world have been different without her?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)