|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina tell Mary that Mary's daemon is?
(a) A mountain goat
(b) A bird
(c) A wild cat
(d) A lioness
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
(a) The windows left open by the knife
(b) The lack of love in humanity
(c) The war being waged by the Church
(d) The use of items like the alethiometer
3. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The man might shoot her
(b) Fear that they will come out to the man
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) She has lost her voice
4. What does Mrs. Coulter say that she and Lord Asriel should have done?
(a) Never have met
(b) Ran away when they were young
(d) Never had Lyra
5. How does Mrs. Coulter tell them she arrived at the College?
(a) Stolen machine from Lord Asriel
(b) The Subtle Knife
(c) Stolen gyropter
(d) None of their business
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Lyra when she begins to fall?
2. What do Will and Lyra find when they open the window to Lord Asriel's world?
3. What happens when Will and Lyra help the creature out of the litter the ghasts had been attacking?
4. What do Will and Lyra tell Mary that they are going out for?
5. What happens to Mary while she is swaying on the platform in the tree tops?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)