|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
(b) A witch
(c) The key
(d) The Tempter
2. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
(a) She agrees to go
(b) She tells them that she will not have anything to do with her father
(c) She cries
(d) She laughs
3. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) His mother
(b) His father's death
(c) The pain from his fingers
(d) The fear of the land of the dead
4. Who does Ama go to in order to try and help Mrs. Coulter's daughter?
(a) Her uncle
(b) The village magician
(c) A healer
(d) The town idiot
5. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They think to see it is bad luck
(b) They don't understand the importance
(c) The think she is a wack job
(d) They can see it without the device
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will find was left behind when Lyra was taken?
2. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
3. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
4. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
5. Why does Lyra tell Will she believed Mrs. Coulter was doing with her in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene that happens between Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel in the end of chapter twenty-eight.
2. What happens in Chapter 12 when Will is trying to get Lyra to wake up?
3. What makes Tialys angry when Lyra is telling her and Will's story while in the Suburb of the death in Chapter 19?
4. Describe the meeting between Mary and the Mulefa in Chapter 7.
5. Although Mary Malone has always wanted to climb trees what is bothering her at the thought of doing it in the Chapter 20?
6. What is the condition and frame of mind of the two Gallivespians as they ride on Lyra and Will's shoulder at the beginning of chapter twenty-nine?
7. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
8. What does Mary realize that the matter is trying to do?
9. What does Mary say about missing God?
10. Describe the scene in which Ama asks Mrs. Coulter if she has an evil spirit with her.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)