|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the Gallivespian spies when they find that Lyra and Will don't intend to wait for Lord Asriel's transport for them?
(a) They accuse Will of Lying
(b) They tell the children that they are risking the world
(c) They say that Will and Lyra are afraid
(d) They accuse the children of working with the Church
2. What does Atal do when Mary finally returns to the ground?
(a) Sings a song
(b) Touches Mary with her trunk
(c) Gives Mary a flower
(d) Does a dance
3. What is it that causes Father Gomez to find the window that Mary went through?
(a) A dream
(b) The weather
(c) A comunication from the Church
(d) The old couple from Cittagazze
4. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
(a) They want to eat Lyra and Will
(b) They don't have any clear intentions
(c) They want to guid Lyra and Will
(d) They don't want to touch Lyra or Will
5. What does the alethiometer tell Lyra to follow in order to find the land of the dead?
(a) Follow the edge of the mountain
(b) Follow the Gallivespians
(c) Follow the knife
(d) Follow the edge of the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
2. What causes Mrs. Coulter to drop her weapon?
3. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
4. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
5. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter twenty-five what does Mrs. Coulter tell the young man that is supposed to be watching her as she begins to get out of the gyropter?
2. Describe the feelings that Mary has from being in the tree tops as it is explained in chapter twenty-seven.
3. In Chapter 20 what does Mary explain is happening that is causing the seed pods to dwindle in number?
4. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
5. What do Will and Mary decide when they talk about the possibility of getting married when they get older?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
7. What does Lyra do when her own death appears?
8. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
9. Describe the scene where Iorek finds Lee's body.
10. What does the angel tell Lord Asriel about the Authority shortly before he dies?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)