|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their spurs
(b) Loadstone resonator
(c) Their dragonflies
(d) Their poison
2. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
(a) Slap her and kick her daemon
(b) Drug her and slap her
(c) Put a tattoo on her
(d) Drug her and cut her finger
3. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) A mass of children
(b) Angelica and Paolo
(c) Two elderly people
(d) An old man missing two fingers
4. What happens to the fox after he tells the Cliff Ghast about Iorek and Serafina?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is forced to swear loyalty to the Ghasts
(c) He is killed
(d) He is put under a spell
5. What is the part that Mary Malone had been told to play by her computer before she went through the window to the different world?
(a) The child
(b) The savior
(c) The mother
(d) The serpent
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
2. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
3. What does Will do to stop the fight between the bears and the towns people?
4. What does Father Gomez explain is the reason that the Specters don't bother him?
5. What had Mary told the Mulefa was needed in order for her spyglass to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asriel describe the cloud mountain seen in chapter twenty-eight?
2. Describe Balthamos actions in Chapter 8 when he learns that Burach is dead.
3. What does Metatron see when he looks at Mrs. Coulter?
4. What is it that makes Ama so mad when she sees Mrs. Coulter in Chapter 4?
5. Describe the scene in which Ama asks Mrs. Coulter if she has an evil spirit with her.
6. What does Mary tell Lyra and Will about why she quit being a nun?
7. Describe the scene when Mary is taken to the Mulefa village where the ghosts are coming through the window.
8. What makes Tialys angry when Lyra is telling her and Will's story while in the Suburb of the death in Chapter 19?
9. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
10. What does Will explain is the difference in him having to take care of his mother and someone else taking care of her?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)