|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(b) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(c) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(d) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
2. What have the Chevalier Tialys and the Lady Salmakia brought with them?
(a) A map to find Lyra
(b) A legion of angels
(c) Information about Father Gomez
(d) Dragon fly larvae
3. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
(a) Ask someone else's death for help
(b) Look for their deaths
(c) Keep their deaths far away
(d) Invite their deaths to be close
4. What does Will ask the angel, Bathalmos, to do before they go into Lyra's world?
(a) Pose as Will's daemon animal
(b) Tell his father he loves him
(c) Mark their way back to this world
(d) See if he can sense Lyra
5. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They can see it without the device
(b) They think to see it is bad luck
(c) They don't understand the importance
(d) The think she is a wack job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
2. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
3. Who does Mrs. Coulter look like to Will causing him to drop the knife?
4. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
5. What do they see along the road that Tialys says they should kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asriel describe the cloud mountain seen in chapter twenty-eight?
2. Describe the scene in which Father MacPhail is attempting to set off the mahine that will kill Lyra.
3. Although Mary Malone has always wanted to climb trees what is bothering her at the thought of doing it in the Chapter 20?
4. Describe Balthamos actions in Chapter 8 when he learns that Burach is dead.
5. What does Mary tell Lyra and Will about why she quit being a nun?
6. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
7. What happens in Chapter 12 when Will is trying to get Lyra to wake up?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 37 when Pan and Kirjava tells Lyra and Will that they must close up all the windows.
9. What does Will explain is the difference in him having to take care of his mother and someone else taking care of her?
10. Explain why Will refuses to kill the toad despite Tialys' suggestion that doing so would be merciful.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)