|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the part that Mary Malone had been told to play by her computer before she went through the window to the different world?
(a) The mother
(b) The child
(c) The serpent
(d) The savior
2. What does the boatman answer when Will asks if they are dead now too?
(b) No one can tell
(c) It doesn't matter
3. What is Father Gomez looking for in order to find Lyra?
(a) Her daemon
(c) Her tempter
4. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
(a) Lee and Hester
(b) Lord Asriel
(c) The bear king
5. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They don't understand the importance
(b) They can see it without the device
(c) They think to see it is bad luck
(d) The think she is a wack job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
2. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
3. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
4. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
5. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
2. What do Lyra and Will decide about their daemons when they awake.
3. What happens when Tialys tells Will and Lyra he hears horses and they should hide themselves?
4. What do Will and Lyra decide to do once a year in order to feel that they are still close to each other?
5. Explain the scene that happens between Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel in the end of chapter twenty-eight.
6. What do Will and Mary decide when they talk about the possibility of getting married when they get older?
7. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
8. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Will in Chapter 11 that she is trying to do for Lyra?
9. Describe the scene when Mary is taken to the Mulefa village where the ghosts are coming through the window.
10. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)