|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
(a) Put a tattoo on her
(b) Drug her and cut her finger
(c) Drug her and slap her
(d) Slap her and kick her daemon
2. What does Lyra find while she is arguing with Tialys?
(a) Roger's death
(b) Mrs. Coulter's death
(c) Her death
(d) Will's death
3. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Go fix the knife
(b) Make sure Ama is alright
(c) Find Iorek
(d) Find Mrs. Coulter
4. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
(a) Go to the ocean
(b) Go to the treetops at least three times a day
(c) Go to other mulefa villages to see how the Sraf acts
(d) Sleep in the treetops
5. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Kill Lyra
(b) Find Will
(c) Retrieve the alethiometer
(d) Find Lord Asriel's location
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iorek do when he comes upon Lee's body?
2. Who does Ama say that she wants to help?
3. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
4. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
5. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in which Ama asks Mrs. Coulter if she has an evil spirit with her.
2. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
3. Although Mary Malone has always wanted to climb trees what is bothering her at the thought of doing it in the Chapter 20?
4. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
5. Explain how Will breaks the knife in Chapter 38.
6. What does Mary say about missing God?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
8. When Mary shows Serafina the amber spyglass and Serafina sees the Dust how does Mary explain how it happened to settle on Will and Lyra?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 37 when Pan and Kirjava tells Lyra and Will that they must close up all the windows.
10. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)