|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do to stop the fight between the bears and the towns people?
(a) Uses the knife to sink he bears boat
(b) Opens a window to a different world
(c) Forces the people to give the bears fuel
(d) Chalenges the bear's leader to single combat
2. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their dragonflies
(b) Loadstone resonator
(c) Their spurs
(d) Their poison
3. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) Angelica and Paolo
(b) Two elderly people
(c) An old man missing two fingers
(d) A mass of children
4. What do the ghost children say is something that no one ever forgets?
(a) Their names
5. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(b) Which way should they travel
(c) Is her mother alright
(d) Is Rodger alright
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary make in order to put the ropes over the branches in the high trees?
2. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
3. What is Mary Malone building a machine to help her do?
4. What is the response of the Gallivespian spies when they find that Lyra and Will don't intend to wait for Lord Asriel's transport for them?
5. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyra do when her own death appears?
2. In chapter twenty-five what does Mrs. Coulter tell the young man that is supposed to be watching her as she begins to get out of the gyropter?
3. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Will in Chapter 11 that she is trying to do for Lyra?
4. Describe the relationship between Mary and Atal as it is shown in Chapter 17.
5. Describe the scene where Brother Louis comes to take away Mrs. Coulter's necklace.
6. What does Mary realize that the matter is trying to do?
7. Explain how Will breaks the knife in Chapter 38.
8. What do Will and Mary decide when they talk about the possibility of getting married when they get older?
9. What makes Tialys angry when Lyra is telling her and Will's story while in the Suburb of the death in Chapter 19?
10. What does Tialys say when Lee and John ask him if he will live long enough to see the world again?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)