|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
(a) The knife
(d) Mrs. Coulter
2. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
(a) Her to have the Mulefa dream
(b) Her to understand their language
(c) Her to become a member of their tribe
(d) Her to learn how to grow the seed pods
3. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) Which way should they travel
(b) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(c) Is Rodger alright
(d) Is her mother alright
4. Who does Ama go to in order to try and help Mrs. Coulter's daughter?
(a) The town idiot
(b) A healer
(c) Her uncle
(d) The village magician
5. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They obey her
(b) They swarm to her
(c) They are afraid of her
(d) They become enraged when she is around
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
2. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
3. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama has happened to her daughter?
5. What have the Chevalier Tialys and the Lady Salmakia brought with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will explain is the difference in him having to take care of his mother and someone else taking care of her?
2. What are Will and Lyra's reaction when they first see what it was that the ghasts were attacking?
3. Describe the scene when Mary is taken to the Mulefa village where the ghosts are coming through the window.
4. What does Mary say about missing God?
5. What does Mary think will happen if the Dust is gone as described in Chapter 34?
6. What does the angel tell Lord Asriel about the Authority shortly before he dies?
7. What does Metatron see when he looks at Mrs. Coulter?
8. What do the angels look like to Will?
9. What is the condition and frame of mind of the two Gallivespians as they ride on Lyra and Will's shoulder at the beginning of chapter twenty-nine?
10. What is Father MacPhail's response when he enters Mrs. Coulter's room?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)