|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They swarm to her
(b) They obey her
(c) They are afraid of her
(d) They become enraged when she is around
2. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
(a) Lee and Hester
(b) The bear king
(c) Lord Asriel
3. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(a) Taken Prisoner
4. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(b) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(c) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(d) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
5. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
(a) Go to her homeworld
(b) Run far away from Lord Asriel and Mrs. Coulter
(c) Return for Pantalaimon
(d) Set the ghosts free
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
2. Why does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama not to tell anyone that Mrs. Coulter and her daughter are in the cave?
3. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
4. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
5. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Mary decide when they talk about the possibility of getting married when they get older?
2. Describe the scene where Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel defeat Metatron.
3. What does Mary say about missing God?
4. Describe the scene in which Ama asks Mrs. Coulter if she has an evil spirit with her.
5. What does Iorek tell Lyra happened when he and Will met and what it meant for Iorek as he tells it in Chapter 15?
6. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
7. What does Tialys say when Lee and John ask him if he will live long enough to see the world again?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 21 when Lyra has to leave Pantalaimon behind on the shore.
9. What is the dilemma that Will faces when he learns that he must destroy the knife in Chapter 37?
10. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)