|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They obey her
(b) They are afraid of her
(c) They become enraged when she is around
(d) They swarm to her
2. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(b) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(c) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(d) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
3. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No polution or decay
(b) No governing bodies
(c) No war of famine
(d) No priests or kings
4. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
(a) So that Lyra won't run away
(b) To keep Lyra from being tracked
(c) Lyra is sick
(d) Lyra's own safety
5. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
(a) Mrs. Coulter
(b) The knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
2. What does Will ask the angel, Bathalmos, to do before they go into Lyra's world?
3. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
4. What does Mary spot about to attack the Mulefa?
5. What must Lyra leave on the shore in order to go to the world of the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 37 when Pan and Kirjava tells Lyra and Will that they must close up all the windows.
2. What is the condition and frame of mind of the two Gallivespians as they ride on Lyra and Will's shoulder at the beginning of chapter twenty-nine?
3. Describe the scene where Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel defeat Metatron.
4. What does Sattamax tell Mary that they need her help with?
5. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
6. Describe the feeling that Will has while Lyra is calling for Pan?
7. How does Asriel describe the cloud mountain seen in chapter twenty-eight?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
9. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
10. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)