|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iorek say that he will side with in the coming war?
(a) Mrs. Coulter
(b) The Church
(c) Whoever can offer the bears the best advantage
(d) Lord Asriel
2. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Make sure Ama is alright
(b) Go fix the knife
(c) Find Mrs. Coulter
(d) Find Iorek
3. What is it that causes Father Gomez to find the window that Mary went through?
(a) The old couple from Cittagazze
(b) A comunication from the Church
(c) The weather
(d) A dream
4. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) Angelica and Paolo
(b) Two elderly people
(c) An old man missing two fingers
(d) A mass of children
5. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Find Lord Asriel's location
(b) Find Will
(c) Kill Lyra
(d) Retrieve the alethiometer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
2. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
3. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
4. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
5. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
2. What does the angel tell Lord Asriel about the Authority shortly before he dies?
3. What do the angels look like to Will?
4. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
5. When Mary shows Serafina the amber spyglass and Serafina sees the Dust how does Mary explain how it happened to settle on Will and Lyra?
6. What is Father MacPhail's response when he enters Mrs. Coulter's room?
7. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
8. Although Mary Malone has always wanted to climb trees what is bothering her at the thought of doing it in the Chapter 20?
9. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
10. What do Lyra and Will decide about their daemons when they awake.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)