Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
(a) A three headed dog
(c) A demon
2. What does Roger try but fail to do when he sees Lyra?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Tackle her
(c) Shake her hand
(d) Embrace her
3. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
(a) To get the ghosts to heaven
(b) To rescue the ghosts
(c) To stop her father
(d) To stop her mother
4. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Find Iorek
(b) Find Mrs. Coulter
(c) Go fix the knife
(d) Make sure Ama is alright
5. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They don't speak english
(b) They only moan
(c) They talk all at once
(d) They can only whisper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
2. Where does Father Gomez find himself while following Mary's path?
3. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
4. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
5. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary tell Lyra and Will about why she quit being a nun?
2. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
3. What happens in Chapter 13 when Will and Lyra are first introduced to the Gallivespian spies and they tell Will and Lyra that they have to go to Lord Asriel?
4. Describe the scene in Chapter 37 when Pan and Kirjava tells Lyra and Will that they must close up all the windows.
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
6. When Mary shows Serafina the amber spyglass and Serafina sees the Dust how does Mary explain how it happened to settle on Will and Lyra?
7. Explain the scene that happens between Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel in the end of chapter twenty-eight.
8. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
9. In Chapter 18 what is seen and what does Will tell Lyra about his thoughts and the reason the knife broke in the first place?
10. What does Metatron see when he looks at Mrs. Coulter?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)