|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
(a) Children of Gyptians
(b) Dutch and Dutchess
(c) Poor orphans
(d) Prince and princess
2. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
(a) Look for their deaths
(b) Keep their deaths far away
(c) Invite their deaths to be close
(d) Ask someone else's death for help
3. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
(a) Give them the coordinates to where they are goin?
(b) Leave Pantalaimon behind
(c) Agree to go to Lord Asriel
(d) Leave the knife behind
4. What does Lady Salmakia find out the Church believes about Lyra?
(a) She is the most important child
(b) She is going to destroy the world
(c) Lyra is a monster
(d) Lyra has magic abilities
5. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama has happened to her daughter?
(a) She stubbed her toe
(b) She is healing herself
(c) She has been put under a spell
(d) She is very ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
2. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
3. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
4. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
5. What does Mary spot about to attack the Mulefa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary tell Lyra and Will about why she quit being a nun?
2. What does Mary think will happen if the Dust is gone as described in Chapter 34?
3. When Mary shows Serafina the amber spyglass and Serafina sees the Dust how does Mary explain how it happened to settle on Will and Lyra?
4. What does the angel tell Lord Asriel about the knife bearer before he dies?
5. In Chapter 18 what is seen and what does Will tell Lyra about his thoughts and the reason the knife broke in the first place?
6. What does Sattamax tell Mary that they need her help with?
7. What is the condition and frame of mind of the two Gallivespians as they ride on Lyra and Will's shoulder at the beginning of chapter twenty-nine?
8. What does Iorek tell Lyra happened when he and Will met and what it meant for Iorek as he tells it in Chapter 15?
9. What does Roger explain to Lyra the Harpies do in chapter twenty-three?
10. Explain how Will breaks the knife in Chapter 38.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)