|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their dragonflies
(b) Their spurs
(c) Loadstone resonator
(d) Their poison
2. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
(a) She tells them that she will not have anything to do with her father
(b) She cries
(c) She agrees to go
(d) She laughs
3. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
(a) What shape the knife becomes
(b) What the knife wants
(c) What Will thinks
(d) What Will is holding
4. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Kill Lyra
(b) Retrieve the alethiometer
(c) Find Lord Asriel's location
(d) Find Will
5. What does Mary tell Atal that Mary must do?
(a) Go into the bird's nesting ground
(b) Cross the river
(c) Travel back into her world
(d) Climb into the tops of the trees
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary make in order to put the ropes over the branches in the high trees?
2. What are the bears on a journey to do?
3. When Lyra begins to stir whose name does she say?
4. What does one of the harpies scream at Lyra when she begins explaining why they are there?
5. What does the man tell Lyra and Will is the name of the place they have traveled to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Tialys angry when Lyra is telling her and Will's story while in the Suburb of the death in Chapter 19?
2. What happens in Chapter 13 when Will and Lyra are first introduced to the Gallivespian spies and they tell Will and Lyra that they have to go to Lord Asriel?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 21 when Lyra has to leave Pantalaimon behind on the shore.
4. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
5. What does Sattamax tell Mary that they need her help with?
6. In chapter twenty-five what does Mrs. Coulter tell the young man that is supposed to be watching her as she begins to get out of the gyropter?
7. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
8. Explain the scene that happens between Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel in the end of chapter twenty-eight.
9. Describe the meeting between Mary and the Mulefa in Chapter 7.
10. What does Lyra do when her own death appears?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)