|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They don't understand the importance
(b) They can see it without the device
(c) They think to see it is bad luck
(d) The think she is a wack job
2. Who does Will say he wants to find while he is there?
(a) The Authority
(b) John Parry
(c) Lee Scorseby
(d) A witch
3. What does the man tell Lyra and Will is the name of the place they have traveled to?
(b) The spirit's resting ground
(c) A suburb of the world of the dead
(d) Transistion world
4. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Find Iorek
(b) Find Mrs. Coulter
(c) Make sure Ama is alright
(d) Go fix the knife
5. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
(b) The movement of the church
(c) The death of Baruch
(d) The arrival of Specters
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the ghost children say is something that no one ever forgets?
2. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
3. What does one of the harpies scream at Lyra when she begins explaining why they are there?
4. What does Father Gomez explain is the reason that the Specters don't bother him?
5. What does Lady Salmakia find out the Church believes about Lyra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Mary and Atal as it is shown in Chapter 17.
2. Describe the scene where Brother Louis comes to take away Mrs. Coulter's necklace.
3. Although Mary Malone has always wanted to climb trees what is bothering her at the thought of doing it in the Chapter 20?
4. What does Iorek tell Lyra happened when he and Will met and what it meant for Iorek as he tells it in Chapter 15?
5. What happens when Tialys tells Will and Lyra he hears horses and they should hide themselves?
6. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
7. What do Will and Mary decide when they talk about the possibility of getting married when they get older?
8. How does Asriel describe the cloud mountain seen in chapter twenty-eight?
9. Describe the meeting between Mary and the Mulefa in Chapter 7.
10. What does Tialys say when Lee and John ask him if he will live long enough to see the world again?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)