|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iorek say that he will side with in the coming war?
(a) The Church
(b) Mrs. Coulter
(c) Whoever can offer the bears the best advantage
(d) Lord Asriel
2. What does Will do to stop the fight between the bears and the towns people?
(a) Opens a window to a different world
(b) Forces the people to give the bears fuel
(c) Chalenges the bear's leader to single combat
(d) Uses the knife to sink he bears boat
3. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) Is her mother alright
(b) Is Rodger alright
(c) Which way should they travel
(d) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
4. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
(a) Leave Pantalaimon behind
(b) Agree to go to Lord Asriel
(c) Leave the knife behind
(d) Give them the coordinates to where they are goin?
5. What does Atal do when Mary finally returns to the ground?
(a) Does a dance
(b) Sings a song
(c) Touches Mary with her trunk
(d) Gives Mary a flower
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they see along the road that Tialys says they should kill?
2. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
3. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
4. When Lyra begins to stir whose name does she say?
5. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the angels look like to Will?
2. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
4. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
5. What does Will explain is the difference in him having to take care of his mother and someone else taking care of her?
6. What happens when Tialys tells Will and Lyra he hears horses and they should hide themselves?
7. In Chapter 20 what does Mary explain is happening that is causing the seed pods to dwindle in number?
8. What does Iorek tell Lyra happened when he and Will met and what it meant for Iorek as he tells it in Chapter 15?
9. Describe the meeting between Mary and the Mulefa in Chapter 7.
10. Why are the bears looking for a new home as it is described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)