|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord Roke's people's job to do in order to help Lord Asriel?
(a) Build weapons
(c) Work magic
2. What do the villagers think that Mrs. Coulter is?
(a) A holy woman
(b) A wierdo
(c) A witch
(d) A pilgram
3. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
(a) The Authority might find out
(b) He will need quiet to open a window to the right world
(c) In case it doesn't work
(d) The ghosts might tell the Harpies
4. What do the people alive in the town where Lyra and Will are tell them that people have with them all the time?
(a) Their destinys
(b) Their waiting papers
(c) Their deaths
(d) Their fears
5. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The arrival of Specters
(b) The movement of the church
(c) The death of Baruch
(d) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
2. What do the ghost children say is something that no one ever forgets?
3. What does Lyra find while she is arguing with Tialys?
4. What does the man tell Lyra and Will is the name of the place they have traveled to?
5. What does Roger try but fail to do when he sees Lyra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
2. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
3. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
4. Describe the scene in which Father MacPhail is attempting to set off the mahine that will kill Lyra.
5. What is Father MacPhail's response when he enters Mrs. Coulter's room?
6. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
7. What does the angel tell Lord Asriel about the knife bearer before he dies?
8. What does Mary tell Lyra and Will about why she quit being a nun?
9. What does Mary say about missing God?
10. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Will in Chapter 11 that she is trying to do for Lyra?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)