|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ama go to in order to try and help Mrs. Coulter's daughter?
(a) Her uncle
(b) The town idiot
(c) The village magician
(d) A healer
2. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
(a) They don't want to touch Lyra or Will
(b) They want to eat Lyra and Will
(c) They don't have any clear intentions
(d) They want to guid Lyra and Will
3. What is Father Gomez looking for in order to find Lyra?
(c) Her daemon
(d) Her tempter
4. What is it that causes Father Gomez to find the window that Mary went through?
(a) The weather
(b) A comunication from the Church
(c) The old couple from Cittagazze
(d) A dream
5. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No priests or kings
(b) No polution or decay
(c) No war of famine
(d) No governing bodies
Short Answer Questions
1. What change does Tialys note has happened in the Lady?
2. What happens to the fox after he tells the Cliff Ghast about Iorek and Serafina?
3. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
4. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
5. What does Mary spot about to attack the Mulefa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 21 when Lyra has to leave Pantalaimon behind on the shore.
2. Describe the scene where Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel defeat Metatron.
3. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
4. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
5. What do Will and Lyra decide to do once a year in order to feel that they are still close to each other?
6. In chapter twenty-five what does Mrs. Coulter tell the young man that is supposed to be watching her as she begins to get out of the gyropter?
7. What does Mary say about missing God?
8. Explain why Will refuses to kill the toad despite Tialys' suggestion that doing so would be merciful.
9. What happens when Lyra begins to tell Roger about Will?
10. What happens in Chapter 13 when Will and Lyra are first introduced to the Gallivespian spies and they tell Will and Lyra that they have to go to Lord Asriel?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)