|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
(a) Kill Mrs. Coulter
(b) Go to the Church members and plead their case
(c) Give themselves to the Africans
(d) Go find Lord Asriel
2. What do they see along the road that Tialys says they should kill?
(a) A dog
(b) A cat
(c) A frog
(d) A hog
3. What is Lord Roke's people's job to do in order to help Lord Asriel?
(a) Work magic
(c) Build weapons
4. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Find Mrs. Coulter
(b) Go fix the knife
(c) Find Iorek
(d) Make sure Ama is alright
5. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
(a) Set the ghosts free
(b) Run far away from Lord Asriel and Mrs. Coulter
(c) Return for Pantalaimon
(d) Go to her homeworld
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Gomez explain is the reason that the Specters don't bother him?
2. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
3. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
4. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
5. What does King Ogunwe say that Lord Asriel is trying to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in which Father MacPhail is attempting to set off the mahine that will kill Lyra.
2. What does Mary say about missing God?
3. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
4. Describe the feeling that Will has while Lyra is calling for Pan?
5. Describe the scene when Mary is taken to the Mulefa village where the ghosts are coming through the window.
6. What does Mary think will happen if the Dust is gone as described in Chapter 34?
7. Why are the bears looking for a new home as it is described in Chapter 9?
8. What do the angels look like to Will?
9. What is it that makes Ama so mad when she sees Mrs. Coulter in Chapter 4?
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 22 where the ghost children begin talking to Lyra and Will about their daemons.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)