|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
(a) They want to guid Lyra and Will
(b) They want to eat Lyra and Will
(c) They don't have any clear intentions
(d) They don't want to touch Lyra or Will
2. What is Mary Malone building a machine to help her do?
(a) Help grow seed pods
(b) See shadows
(c) Protect the Mulefa
(d) Communicate with the Mulefa
3. What does the alethiometer tell Lyra to follow in order to find the land of the dead?
(a) Follow the Gallivespians
(b) Follow the knife
(c) Follow the edge of the mountain
(d) Follow the edge of the river
4. What causes Mrs. Coulter to drop her weapon?
(a) Pantalaimon bit her
(b) She was stabbed
(c) Someone bit her
(d) She was struck by a stray bullet
5. What does Mary tell Atal that Mary must do?
(a) Cross the river
(b) Go into the bird's nesting ground
(c) Climb into the tops of the trees
(d) Travel back into her world
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
2. What are the bears on a journey to do?
3. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
4. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
5. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iorek tell Lyra happened when he and Will met and what it meant for Iorek as he tells it in Chapter 15?
2. Describe Balthamos actions in Chapter 8 when he learns that Burach is dead.
3. What do the angels look like to Will?
4. What is it that makes Ama so mad when she sees Mrs. Coulter in Chapter 4?
5. What connection does Mary make between the worlds and the events that all began to happen three hundred years ago as described in chapter twenty-seven?
6. What does the alethiometer say in Chapter 14 when Lyra asks it about the knife's intentions?
7. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
8. Describe the scene where Brother Louis comes to take away Mrs. Coulter's necklace.
9. What does Sattamax tell Mary that they need her help with?
10. What does Marry notice about the Mulefa and the way that they live with each other in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)