|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
(a) All of his generals
(b) Someone to call forth Grumman's spirit
(c) His spies
(d) Someone to read an alethiometer
2. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
(a) She wasn't afraid to face death
(b) She welcomed her death
(c) She was following orders
(d) She died doing something important
3. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(a) Taken Prisoner
4. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(b) Me friend
(c) Don't shoot
(d) I am human
5. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
(a) To rescue the ghosts
(b) To stop her father
(c) To get the ghosts to heaven
(d) To stop her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
2. What must Lyra leave on the shore in order to go to the world of the dead?
3. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
4. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
5. When Lyra begins to stir whose name does she say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response of the Gallivespians when Will and Lyra tell them they are going to the world of the dead?
2. Describe Balthamos actions in Chapter 8 when he learns that Burach is dead.
3. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Will in Chapter 11 that she is trying to do for Lyra?
4. What does Mary think will happen if the Dust is gone as described in Chapter 34?
5. What makes Tialys angry when Lyra is telling her and Will's story while in the Suburb of the death in Chapter 19?
6. What does Lee Scorseby and John Parry instruct Will to do in order to save Lyra?
7. Describe the meeting between Mary and the Mulefa in Chapter 7.
8. What does Metatron see when he looks at Mrs. Coulter?
9. What does Will tell Lyra when she is worried that she has lost the ability to lie, the only thing she feels she is good at?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 16 after Mrs. Coulter is shown the intention craft?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)