|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell the daemons to take in their surroundings as they see them now?
(a) They must leave this world soon
(b) They must go and become part of Lyra and Will
(c) They must return to the world of the dead where they were left
(d) They will settle soon
2. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
(a) Tell stories
(b) Regain faith
(c) Go to the land of the dead
3. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
(a) A tornado is coming
(b) The worlds are flying apart with the loss of dust
(c) The worlds are trying to stop the dust from leaving
(d) The angels have died and it is reflected in the worlds
4. What does Metatron intend to do to get Lyra and Will to side with him?
(a) Capture their daemons
(b) Kidnap Lyra's mother
(c) Offer them a world of their choice to live freely
(d) Kidnap Will's mother
5. How does Mrs. Coulter tell them she arrived at the College?
(a) None of their business
(b) The Subtle Knife
(c) Stolen gyropter
(d) Stolen machine from Lord Asriel
6. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(a) Kind but not kind
(c) Old and no so old
(d) Pretty but also plain
7. What happens when Will and Lyra help the creature out of the litter the ghasts had been attacking?
(a) He was killed by a witch
(b) He disentigrated
(c) He attacked Lyra
(d) He was eaten by a Specter
8. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
(a) Find a child to use the machine on
(b) Wait until Mrs. Coulter is found
(c) Sacrifice himself
(d) Sacrifice one of his men
9. What does Will think of before he cuts with the knife that causes it to get stuck between the two worlds momentarily?
(a) His father returning home
(b) The hope that his mother is safe
(c) How much he wants to sleep
(d) His father reuniting with his mother
10. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
(a) It has a crucifix on the top
(b) Long with an x scratched on the head
(c) It is a black key with three prongs on it
(d) Short with black tape
11. What does Mary see when the Mulefa from the neighboring village come to get her?
(b) Father Gomez
(d) Large amounts of Dust
12. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
(b) Mrs. Coulter
(c) Mrs. Malone
(d) Father Gomez
13. What does the Lady begin feeding her dragonfly in order to keep it alive?
(a) Her own blood
(b) Lyra's blood
(d) Harpy food
14. What is it that catches a glimpse of the angels carrying the Authority in the litter?
(c) Cliff Ghast
15. What happens when Mary tries to climb her tree?
(a) A flock of birds arrives and stops her
(b) Father Gomez arrives
(c) It falls
(d) Atal comes to get her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
2. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
3. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
4. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
5. What does John Parry say they should do before they disappear?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)