|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary see getting out of the water at night?
(a) A large white bird
(b) A snake
(c) A boat
(d) A bear
2. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
(a) To give power to Lord Asriel's war efforts
(b) Churns the chocolate
(c) Keeps the windows open between worlds
(d) To power the explosion that will kill Lyra
3. Who does Mrs. Coulter demand to see when she arrives at the College of St. Jerome?
(a) Father MacPhail
(b) Brother Louis
(c) Rabbi Artulae
(d) Father Gomez
4. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
(a) There is peace here
(b) Tell them stories
(c) Don't fear the reaper
(d) It was all a lie
5. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
(a) Mrs. Coulter's hat
(b) Mrs. Coulter's daemon's coat
(c) Mrs. Coulter's hair
(d) Mrs. Coulter's coat
6. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
(a) Tell stories
(c) Regain faith
(d) Go to the land of the dead
7. Where does John Parry explain that Lyra and Will's daemon's have gone?
(a) Lord Asriel
(c) The Church
(d) Captured by the Authority
8. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) She has lost her voice
(b) The wind is blowing to strong
(c) Fear that they will come out to the man
(d) The man might shoot her
9. What does Mary say about love when Lyra says that witches are fierce?
(a) A love scorned is painful
(b) Love is feriocious, too
(c) What a witch
(d) Love makes people crazy
10. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(a) Old and no so old
(b) Pretty but also plain
(d) Kind but not kind
11. What does Mary see that the man is carrying?
(a) A bag
(b) A telescope
(c) A gun
(d) An alethiometer
12. What has happened to Roke?
(a) His leg is broken
(b) He has been crushed
(c) His arm is broken
(d) He was entranced by a witch's spell
13. What happens when Will and Lyra help the creature out of the litter the ghasts had been attacking?
(a) He was eaten by a Specter
(b) He attacked Lyra
(c) He disentigrated
(d) He was killed by a witch
14. What do Will and Lyra tell Mary that they are going out for?
(a) Look for their daemons
(b) To look for the man Mary had seen
(c) To have a picnic
(d) To find where Mary entered the world
15. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
(b) Lee Scorseby
(d) Serafina Pekkala
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Coulter have trouble seeing Metatron?
2. What sensation do both Will and Lyra feel that lets them know that their daemons are in danger?
3. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
5. What's the reason for the sudden turn in the attack while Lyra and Will are watching the battle through the window?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)