|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Parry explain that Lyra and Will's daemon's have gone?
(a) The Church
(b) Lord Asriel
(c) Captured by the Authority
2. Where does Mary make them promise not to go?
(a) Lyra's home
(b) Will's home
(c) Another world
3. What does Serafina tell Mary that Mary's daemon is?
(a) A mountain goat
(b) A lioness
(c) A wild cat
(d) A bird
4. What sensation do both Will and Lyra feel that lets them know that their daemons are in danger?
(a) Great Pain
(d) Heart Ache
5. What does Serafina tell the daemons they must do?
(a) Return to the land of the dead
(b) Help their humans
(c) Go with her and leave their humans
(d) Become birds
6. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
(a) The worlds are flying apart with the loss of dust
(b) A tornado is coming
(c) The worlds are trying to stop the dust from leaving
(d) The angels have died and it is reflected in the worlds
7. What happens when the bomb suddenly goes off?
(a) They suddenly see a wave of new ghosts
(b) The hole between worlds is ripped open
(c) The ghosts begin to cry out
(d) The tunnel they are walking through begins to shake
8. What name does Lyra give the Harpy that saved her?
(a) Gracious Wing
(b) Glorious Flight
(c) Mighty Flier
(d) Moxie Crimefighter
9. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
10. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
(a) Tell stories
(b) Go to the land of the dead
(c) Regain faith
11. Why does Mrs. Coulter have trouble seeing Metatron?
(a) She is weakened and sick
(b) He exudes a great light
(c) He is transparent
(d) He has called forth a fog
12. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
(a) Mrs. Coulter's hat
(b) Mrs. Coulter's coat
(c) Mrs. Coulter's daemon's coat
(d) Mrs. Coulter's hair
13. Who arrives suddenly while Will and Lyra are beginning to be attacked by the horsemen?
14. What does Lyra suggest that Will's daemon would be good at?
(d) Stinking up the place
15. What does Father Gomez see when a bird hisses at him?
(a) It has live fish in it's bill
(b) It sounds human like
(c) It eminates a foul sticky discharge
(d) It has teeth
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Roke?
2. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
3. How does Mary explain to Atal that she can tell Will and Lyra are different sexes?
4. Who saves Lyra when she begins to fall?
5. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)