|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary see getting out of the water at night?
(a) A large white bird
(b) A boat
(c) A snake
(d) A bear
2. What does Mary see when the Mulefa from the neighboring village come to get her?
(c) Father Gomez
(d) Large amounts of Dust
3. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she didn't turn her daughter over to the Church?
(a) Protect Lyra from Father Gomez
(b) Protect Lyra from the priests
(c) To use Lyra as bait for Lord Asriel
(d) Lyra had secrets
4. What does Mary suddenly realize is true about all living material?
(a) It has no connection to Dust
(b) It is all made up of Dust
(c) It is in danger of starving from lack of Dust
(d) It caused Dust to exist
5. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
(a) Churns the chocolate
(b) Keeps the windows open between worlds
(c) To give power to Lord Asriel's war efforts
(d) To power the explosion that will kill Lyra
6. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
(b) Lack of Dust
7. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
(a) It was all a lie
(b) Don't fear the reaper
(c) There is peace here
(d) Tell them stories
8. What does Mary see that the man is carrying?
(a) A bag
(b) A telescope
(c) An alethiometer
(d) A gun
9. What does John Parry say they should do before they disappear?
(a) Destroy the Church
(b) Find the Authority and kill him
(c) Save Lyra
(d) Help Lord Asriel
10. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(a) Kind but not kind
(b) Old and no so old
(c) Pretty but also plain
11. What does Father Gomez realize about the large birds?
(a) They are dangerous
(b) They are a little intelligent
(c) They can carry him and his pack
(d) They will taste good
12. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) He will have to move
(b) He will have to hide from the men
(c) His mother will be well again
(d) He will go to an institution
13. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
14. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The man might shoot her
(b) Fear that they will come out to the man
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) She has lost her voice
15. What is Will told he should do with the knife?
(a) Send it to the world of the dead
(b) Break it
(c) Keep it for emergencies
(d) Bury it
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary make them promise not to go?
2. What happens when Mary tries to climb her tree?
3. Where does John Parry explain that Lyra and Will's daemon's have gone?
4. What is the permanent shape that Pantalaimon takes?
5. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)