|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that catches a glimpse of the angels carrying the Authority in the litter?
(d) Cliff Ghast
2. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) Fear that they will come out to the man
(b) The wind is blowing to strong
(c) The man might shoot her
(d) She has lost her voice
3. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
(a) Mrs. Coulter
(b) Mrs. Malone
(c) Father Gomez
4. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
(a) A tornado is coming
(b) The angels have died and it is reflected in the worlds
(c) The worlds are trying to stop the dust from leaving
(d) The worlds are flying apart with the loss of dust
5. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
(a) Giving them false information
(b) Having an accomplis
(c) Giving them the wrong hair
(d) Having ties to Lord Asriel
6. What happens to Mary while she is swaying on the platform in the tree tops?
(a) She is visited by an angel
(b) She sees Father Gomez
(c) She has an out of body experience
(d) She sees the point that the dust originates from
7. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
(a) A life to fight for
(c) The will to live
(d) Physical bodies
8. How does Mary explain to Atal that she can tell Will and Lyra are different sexes?
(a) Facial features and temperments
(b) Body shapes and movement
(c) You have to ask
(d) Body shapes and voices
9. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) He will have to move
(b) His mother will be well again
(c) He will go to an institution
(d) He will have to hide from the men
10. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
(a) The windows left open by the knife
(b) The lack of love in humanity
(c) The war being waged by the Church
(d) The use of items like the alethiometer
11. What is waiting for Lee when he lets himself leave the earth?
(b) His mother
12. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
(a) A detailed arrangements of battle plans
(b) An extremely old angel
(c) A magic sword
(d) The arc of the covenant
13. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
(a) It was all a lie
(b) Don't fear the reaper
(c) Tell them stories
(d) There is peace here
14. What does Father Gomez realize about the large birds?
(a) They are dangerous
(b) They can carry him and his pack
(c) They are a little intelligent
(d) They will taste good
15. How does Serafina Pekkala wake Mary Malone?
(a) By rustling the leaves
(b) Whispering her name
(c) By creating a breeze
(d) Through a dream
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
2. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
3. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Metatron when he asks her where Lord Asriel is doing and where he is?
4. What does Lyra suggest that Will's daemon would be good at?
5. What does Mrs. Coulter ask Metatron to do in order to prove that he may trust her?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)