|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
(b) The will to live
(c) Physical bodies
(d) A life to fight for
2. What is Will told he should do with the knife?
(a) Break it
(b) Bury it
(c) Send it to the world of the dead
(d) Keep it for emergencies
3. What is Mrs. Coulter and Arsiel's plan?
(a) To thrown Metatron into the abyss
(b) To help the Ghasts kill Metatron
(c) To free the Authority
(d) To dethrone Metatron
4. Who comes and talks with Will and Lyra's daemons?
(a) Lee Scorseby
(d) Serafina Pekkala
5. What does the Lady begin feeding her dragonfly in order to keep it alive?
(a) Harpy food
(b) Lyra's blood
(c) Her own blood
6. What does Serafina tell Mary that she could teach Mary to do if they had the time?
(a) See people's hidden daemons
(b) Walk into other's dreams
(d) Work magic
7. What does Serafina tell the daemons they must do?
(a) Help their humans
(b) Become birds
(c) Return to the land of the dead
(d) Go with her and leave their humans
8. What is the permanent shape that Pantalaimon takes?
(a) A ferret
(b) A raccoon
(c) A pine martin
(d) A mountain lion
9. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The man might shoot her
(b) Fear that they will come out to the man
(c) She has lost her voice
(d) The wind is blowing to strong
10. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
(a) A scarf that had belonged to Lyra
(b) Her locket
(c) An extra pillow
(d) A bracelet
11. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
(a) Father Gomez
(b) Mrs. Malone
(c) Mrs. Coulter
12. What does Father Gomez do when the bird hisses at him?
(a) Climbs a tree
(b) Retreats to a cave
(c) Shoots it
(d) Walks calmly the other way
13. What does Father Gomez see when a bird hisses at him?
(a) It sounds human like
(b) It eminates a foul sticky discharge
(c) It has live fish in it's bill
(d) It has teeth
14. Why does Mrs. Coulter have trouble seeing Metatron?
(a) She is weakened and sick
(b) He exudes a great light
(c) He has called forth a fog
(d) He is transparent
15. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
(a) Giving them false information
(b) Having an accomplis
(c) Having ties to Lord Asriel
(d) Giving them the wrong hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra dream of?
2. Where does John Parry explain that Lyra and Will's daemon's have gone?
3. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
4. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
5. What do Will and Lyra tell Mary that they are going out for?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)