|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
(a) Lack of Dust
2. What is the permanent shape that Pantalaimon takes?
(a) A mountain lion
(b) A pine martin
(c) A raccoon
(d) A ferret
3. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
(a) It has a crucifix on the top
(b) Short with black tape
(c) It is a black key with three prongs on it
(d) Long with an x scratched on the head
4. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
(a) A detailed arrangements of battle plans
(b) A magic sword
(c) The arc of the covenant
(d) An extremely old angel
5. How do the daemons know that what Serafina told them is true?
(a) An angel told them
(b) They learned it in the land of the dead
(c) They have seen the proof
(d) The harpies told them
6. What does Mary say about love when Lyra says that witches are fierce?
(a) What a witch
(b) Love makes people crazy
(c) Love is feriocious, too
(d) A love scorned is painful
7. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
(a) Large snakes
(c) Giant white birds
8. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
(a) A scarf that had belonged to Lyra
(b) Her locket
(c) An extra pillow
(d) A bracelet
9. What does Mary suddenly realize is true about all living material?
(a) It has no connection to Dust
(b) It is all made up of Dust
(c) It is in danger of starving from lack of Dust
(d) It caused Dust to exist
10. What makes Will and Lyra blush?
(a) The thought of them going home
(b) They saw each other naked swiming
(c) The fact that they held each other's daemons
(d) They think about Mary's story
11. What does Mrs. Coulter ask Metatron to do in order to prove that he may trust her?
(a) Look at her
(b) Take her hand
(c) Search her thoughts
(d) Search her soul
12. What does Mrs. Coulter say she wants Asriel to know before he dies?
(a) She betrayed him
(b) Lyra is dead
(c) He has lost
(d) He has bad breath
13. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(a) Bug migration
14. Why does Serafina tell the daemons to take in their surroundings as they see them now?
(a) They must go and become part of Lyra and Will
(b) They must leave this world soon
(c) They must return to the world of the dead where they were left
(d) They will settle soon
15. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The man might shoot her
(b) Fear that they will come out to the man
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) She has lost her voice
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will think of before he cuts with the knife that causes it to get stuck between the two worlds momentarily?
2. What does Mary suggest they do to pass the time while Lyra and Will tell their story?
3. What does Lyra suggest that Will's daemon would be good at?
4. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
5. How does Serafina Pekkala wake Mary Malone?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)