|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) She has lost her voice
(b) The man might shoot her
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) Fear that they will come out to the man
2. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(d) Bug migration
3. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
(b) Physical bodies
(c) A life to fight for
(d) The will to live
4. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
(a) Keeps the windows open between worlds
(b) To give power to Lord Asriel's war efforts
(c) To power the explosion that will kill Lyra
(d) Churns the chocolate
5. How does Mary explain to Atal that she can tell Will and Lyra are different sexes?
(a) You have to ask
(b) Body shapes and voices
(c) Facial features and temperments
(d) Body shapes and movement
6. What does Father Gomez do when the bird hisses at him?
(a) Climbs a tree
(b) Shoots it
(c) Walks calmly the other way
(d) Retreats to a cave
7. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
(a) Lord Asriel
(c) Lord Roke
8. What is the permanent shape that Pantalaimon takes?
(a) A mountain lion
(b) A raccoon
(c) A pine martin
(d) A ferret
9. Where does Mary make them promise not to go?
(b) Lyra's home
(c) Will's home
(d) Another world
10. What does Mrs. Coulter use to check on Lyra?
(a) Loadstone Resonator
(c) Gallivespian spy network
(d) Chi sticks
11. What happens to Mary while she is swaying on the platform in the tree tops?
(a) She is visited by an angel
(b) She sees Father Gomez
(c) She sees the point that the dust originates from
(d) She has an out of body experience
12. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
(a) Lack of Dust
13. What does Mary suddenly realize is true about all living material?
(a) It caused Dust to exist
(b) It has no connection to Dust
(c) It is in danger of starving from lack of Dust
(d) It is all made up of Dust
14. What does Father Gomez realize about the large birds?
(a) They are a little intelligent
(b) They are dangerous
(c) They will taste good
(d) They can carry him and his pack
15. Where do Specters come from according to Pantalaimon and Kijava?
(a) Opening windows
(b) Fallen angels
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the daemons know that what Serafina told them is true?
2. What does Lyra dream of?
3. What does Mary say she believes the roads were made from?
4. What is it that Lord Asriel finds in the tunnel that illuminates it?
5. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)