|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
(a) Wait until Mrs. Coulter is found
(b) Find a child to use the machine on
(c) Sacrifice one of his men
(d) Sacrifice himself
2. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
(a) Lord Roke
(d) Lord Asriel
3. What sensation do both Will and Lyra feel that lets them know that their daemons are in danger?
(b) Heart Ache
(d) Great Pain
4. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
5. What does Mary say she believes the roads were made from?
(a) The birds
(b) People that came before the Mulefa
(c) Humans from other worlds
(d) Lava flows
6. Where does Mary make them promise not to go?
(a) Will's home
(b) Another world
(d) Lyra's home
7. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(a) Old and no so old
(b) Kind but not kind
(d) Pretty but also plain
8. Who does Mrs. Coulter demand to see when she arrives at the College of St. Jerome?
(a) Rabbi Artulae
(b) Brother Louis
(c) Father Gomez
(d) Father MacPhail
9. Who arrives suddenly while Will and Lyra are beginning to be attacked by the horsemen?
10. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
(a) A bracelet
(b) Her locket
(c) An extra pillow
(d) A scarf that had belonged to Lyra
11. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) His mother will be well again
(b) He will have to hide from the men
(c) He will go to an institution
(d) He will have to move
12. What has happened to Roke?
(a) He has been crushed
(b) His arm is broken
(c) He was entranced by a witch's spell
(d) His leg is broken
13. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
(b) Go to the land of the dead
(c) Tell stories
(d) Regain faith
14. What does Mrs. Coulter say she wants Asriel to know before he dies?
(a) Lyra is dead
(b) He has bad breath
(c) He has lost
(d) She betrayed him
15. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
(a) A detailed arrangements of battle plans
(b) A magic sword
(c) The arc of the covenant
(d) An extremely old angel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary see getting out of the water at night?
2. What's the reason for the sudden turn in the attack while Lyra and Will are watching the battle through the window?
3. What does Will tell his father that Will is not?
4. Why does Serafina tell the daemons to take in their surroundings as they see them now?
5. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)