|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Lyra when she begins to fall?
(b) No-Name Harpy
2. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) His mother will be well again
(b) He will have to hide from the men
(c) He will have to move
(d) He will go to an institution
3. What does Mrs. Coulter reach for in her bag?
(a) Lyra's hair
(c) Her locket
4. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(d) Bug migration
5. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The wind is blowing to strong
(b) The man might shoot her
(c) Fear that they will come out to the man
(d) She has lost her voice
6. What does Mary say she believes the roads were made from?
(a) The birds
(b) Lava flows
(c) People that came before the Mulefa
(d) Humans from other worlds
7. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she didn't turn her daughter over to the Church?
(a) Protect Lyra from Father Gomez
(b) Lyra had secrets
(c) To use Lyra as bait for Lord Asriel
(d) Protect Lyra from the priests
8. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(b) Kind but not kind
(c) Old and no so old
(d) Pretty but also plain
9. How does Mary explain to Atal that she can tell Will and Lyra are different sexes?
(a) You have to ask
(b) Body shapes and movement
(c) Facial features and temperments
(d) Body shapes and voices
10. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
(a) Her locket
(b) An extra pillow
(c) A scarf that had belonged to Lyra
(d) A bracelet
11. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
(a) Long with an x scratched on the head
(b) It is a black key with three prongs on it
(c) It has a crucifix on the top
(d) Short with black tape
12. What does Mrs. Coulter use to check on Lyra?
(a) Chi sticks
(b) Gallivespian spy network
(c) Loadstone Resonator
13. What does Lyra dream of?
(b) Her parents
14. Where do Specters come from according to Pantalaimon and Kijava?
(a) Opening windows
(d) Fallen angels
15. What does Metatron intend to do to get Lyra and Will to side with him?
(a) Kidnap Will's mother
(b) Offer them a world of their choice to live freely
(c) Capture their daemons
(d) Kidnap Lyra's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Parry explain that Lyra and Will's daemon's have gone?
2. What does John Parry say they should do before they disappear?
3. What name does Lyra give the Harpy that saved her?
4. What does Lyra suggest that Will's daemon would be good at?
5. What is it that Lord Asriel finds in the tunnel that illuminates it?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)