|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Metatron when he asks her where Lord Asriel is doing and where he is?
(a) She says she can take Metatron to Asriel
(b) She says Asriel is on the battle field
(c) She gives Metatron a list of Asriel's battle tactics
(d) She asks what she may have in return
2. What does Mary say she can do when Atal asks if there is anything Mary can do to help?
(a) Tell stories
(b) Regain faith
(d) Go to the land of the dead
3. What had let know Mary that Will and Lyra were coming?
(a) An angel
(b) A dream
(c) A witch
(d) A ghost
4. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
(a) Wait until Mrs. Coulter is found
(b) Sacrifice himself
(c) Find a child to use the machine on
(d) Sacrifice one of his men
5. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(a) Bug migration
6. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) He will have to move
(b) He will have to hide from the men
(c) His mother will be well again
(d) He will go to an institution
7. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
(a) Having ties to Lord Asriel
(b) Giving them the wrong hair
(c) Giving them false information
(d) Having an accomplis
8. Who has been following Will and Lyra?
(c) Father Gomez
(d) The Mulefa
9. What does Father Gomez do when the bird hisses at him?
(a) Retreats to a cave
(b) Shoots it
(c) Walks calmly the other way
(d) Climbs a tree
10. What does Father Gomez realize about the large birds?
(a) They are a little intelligent
(b) They are dangerous
(c) They can carry him and his pack
(d) They will taste good
11. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
(a) The use of items like the alethiometer
(b) The war being waged by the Church
(c) The windows left open by the knife
(d) The lack of love in humanity
12. What does the Lady begin feeding her dragonfly in order to keep it alive?
(a) Lyra's blood
(b) Harpy food
(d) Her own blood
13. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(a) Kind but not kind
(b) Old and no so old
(c) Pretty but also plain
14. What does Lyra dream of?
(a) Her parents
15. What does Mrs. Coulter say she wants Asriel to know before he dies?
(a) Lyra is dead
(b) She betrayed him
(c) He has lost
(d) He has bad breath
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Parry say they should do before they disappear?
2. How does Mrs. Coulter describe the key that unlocks her cuffs to Roke?
3. What does Mary suggest they do to pass the time while Lyra and Will tell their story?
4. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
5. Why does Serafina tell the daemons to take in their surroundings as they see them now?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)