|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
(d) Lack of Dust
2. What does Serafina tell Mary that she could teach Mary to do if they had the time?
(a) Walk into other's dreams
(c) See people's hidden daemons
(d) Work magic
3. What happens when the bomb suddenly goes off?
(a) The tunnel they are walking through begins to shake
(b) The hole between worlds is ripped open
(c) The ghosts begin to cry out
(d) They suddenly see a wave of new ghosts
4. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
(c) Large snakes
(d) Giant white birds
5. What has happened to Roke?
(a) He has been crushed
(b) His leg is broken
(c) He was entranced by a witch's spell
(d) His arm is broken
6. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) The man might shoot her
(b) She has lost her voice
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) Fear that they will come out to the man
7. What happens when Mary tries to climb her tree?
(a) Atal comes to get her
(b) Father Gomez arrives
(c) It falls
(d) A flock of birds arrives and stops her
8. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
(b) Lord Asriel
(c) Lord Roke
9. How does Mary explain the woman that was in her dreams?
(b) Old and no so old
(c) Pretty but also plain
(d) Kind but not kind
10. What does Serafina tell Mary that Mary's daemon is?
(a) A lioness
(b) A mountain goat
(c) A bird
(d) A wild cat
11. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
(a) Giving them the wrong hair
(b) Giving them false information
(c) Having ties to Lord Asriel
(d) Having an accomplis
12. What does Mary suggest they do to pass the time while Lyra and Will tell their story?
(a) Mend nets
(b) Tend the fields
(d) Pick seed pods
13. What does Mary suddenly realize is true about all living material?
(a) It is in danger of starving from lack of Dust
(b) It caused Dust to exist
(c) It is all made up of Dust
(d) It has no connection to Dust
14. What does Mary see when the Mulefa from the neighboring village come to get her?
(a) Father Gomez
(d) Large amounts of Dust
15. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
(a) Keeps the windows open between worlds
(b) To give power to Lord Asriel's war efforts
(c) To power the explosion that will kill Lyra
(d) Churns the chocolate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metatron intend to do to get Lyra and Will to side with him?
2. Why does Mrs. Coulter have trouble seeing Metatron?
3. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
4. How does Mrs. Coulter tell them she arrived at the College?
5. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)