|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had let know Mary that Will and Lyra were coming?
(a) A witch
(b) A ghost
(c) A dream
(d) An angel
2. Where do Specters come from according to Pantalaimon and Kijava?
(c) Opening windows
(d) Fallen angels
3. What does Mrs. Coulter see the angels carrying?
(a) A magic sword
(b) An extremely old angel
(c) The arc of the covenant
(d) A detailed arrangements of battle plans
4. Who finds Will and Lyra in the new world they are in?
(a) Father Gomez
(b) Mrs. Coulter
(d) Mrs. Malone
5. What has happened to Roke?
(a) His leg is broken
(b) He has been crushed
(c) He was entranced by a witch's spell
(d) His arm is broken
6. How does Mary explain to Atal that she can tell Will and Lyra are different sexes?
(a) You have to ask
(b) Body shapes and voices
(c) Body shapes and movement
(d) Facial features and temperments
7. What is Will told he should do with the knife?
(a) Break it
(b) Bury it
(c) Send it to the world of the dead
(d) Keep it for emergencies
8. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
(a) The angels have died and it is reflected in the worlds
(b) The worlds are trying to stop the dust from leaving
(c) The worlds are flying apart with the loss of dust
(d) A tornado is coming
9. Who saves Lyra when she begins to fall?
(d) No-Name Harpy
10. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
11. Who arrives to warn Lyra of the bomb that is about to happen?
(a) Roger's ghosts
(b) John Parry's ghost
(c) Lyra's death
(d) Lee Scoresby's ghost
12. What does Will think of before he cuts with the knife that causes it to get stuck between the two worlds momentarily?
(a) How much he wants to sleep
(b) The hope that his mother is safe
(c) His father returning home
(d) His father reuniting with his mother
13. How does Mrs. Coulter tell them she arrived at the College?
(a) Stolen machine from Lord Asriel
(b) The Subtle Knife
(c) Stolen gyropter
(d) None of their business
14. What does Mrs. Coulter ask Metatron to do in order to prove that he may trust her?
(a) Take her hand
(b) Search her thoughts
(c) Search her soul
(d) Look at her
15. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she didn't turn her daughter over to the Church?
(a) Protect Lyra from the priests
(b) Protect Lyra from Father Gomez
(c) To use Lyra as bait for Lord Asriel
(d) Lyra had secrets
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
2. What do the daemons tell Will and Lyra is the reason that the Dust has been leaving the worlds?
3. What does Mrs. Coulter reach for in her bag?
4. What does Mary realize is happening to the Dust?
5. What does Serafina tell Mary that she could teach Mary to do if they had the time?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)