|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old woman's ghost tell Mary before the ghost disappears?
(a) There is peace here
(b) Don't fear the reaper
(c) Tell them stories
(d) It was all a lie
2. Where does Mary make them promise not to go?
(a) Another world
(b) Lyra's home
(d) Will's home
3. What does Mary see getting out of the water at night?
(a) A large white bird
(b) A bear
(c) A boat
(d) A snake
4. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) He will have to hide from the men
(b) His mother will be well again
(c) He will have to move
(d) He will go to an institution
5. How do the daemons know that what Serafina told them is true?
(a) They have seen the proof
(b) They learned it in the land of the dead
(c) An angel told them
(d) The harpies told them
6. Who saves Lyra when she begins to fall?
(d) No-Name Harpy
7. What happens when the bomb suddenly goes off?
(a) The tunnel they are walking through begins to shake
(b) They suddenly see a wave of new ghosts
(c) The hole between worlds is ripped open
(d) The ghosts begin to cry out
8. What does Mary suddenly realize is true about all living material?
(a) It has no connection to Dust
(b) It caused Dust to exist
(c) It is in danger of starving from lack of Dust
(d) It is all made up of Dust
9. What does Will tell his father that Will is not?
(a) The knife bearer
10. What does Father MacPhail accuse Mrs. Coulter of?
(a) Having ties to Lord Asriel
(b) Giving them the wrong hair
(c) Having an accomplis
(d) Giving them false information
11. What does Xaphania say it was that allowed Lyra to read the compass?
(b) Lack of Dust
12. What does Mary see that the man is carrying?
(a) A gun
(b) A telescope
(c) A bag
(d) An alethiometer
13. Why does Mary not call out to Will and Lyra?
(a) She has lost her voice
(b) Fear that they will come out to the man
(c) The wind is blowing to strong
(d) The man might shoot her
14. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
(a) Mrs. Coulter's daemon's coat
(b) Mrs. Coulter's coat
(c) Mrs. Coulter's hair
(d) Mrs. Coulter's hat
15. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
(b) Lord Asriel
(d) Lord Roke
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra suggest that Will's daemon would be good at?
2. Why is the weather seeming to go crazy?
3. How does Serafina Pekkala wake Mary Malone?
4. What does Mary realize is happening to the Dust?
5. What is Brother Louis sent to Mrs. Coulter's room to get while she is sleeping?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)