|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
(a) To power the explosion that will kill Lyra
(b) To give power to Lord Asriel's war efforts
(c) Churns the chocolate
(d) Keeps the windows open between worlds
2. What is Will told he should do with the knife?
(a) Send it to the world of the dead
(b) Bury it
(c) Break it
(d) Keep it for emergencies
3. What does Mary say is an important animal in the Mulefa's world and is looked after?
4. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
(a) Mrs. Coulter's hat
(b) Mrs. Coulter's hair
(c) Mrs. Coulter's coat
(d) Mrs. Coulter's daemon's coat
5. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she didn't turn her daughter over to the Church?
(a) To use Lyra as bait for Lord Asriel
(b) Protect Lyra from the priests
(c) Protect Lyra from Father Gomez
(d) Lyra had secrets
6. What does Serafina tell Mary that Mary's daemon is?
(a) A wild cat
(b) A mountain goat
(c) A lioness
(d) A bird
7. What does Mrs. Coulter reach for in her bag?
(b) Her locket
(d) Lyra's hair
8. Who is Mrs. Coulter surprised to find in her room when Father MacPhail has her locked in?
(a) Lord Asriel
(b) Lord Roke
9. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(b) Bug migration
10. What are the first creatures that Father Gomez sees when he enters the Mulefa's world?
(c) Large snakes
(d) Giant white birds
11. What does Will say will probably happen when he goes home?
(a) He will have to move
(b) His mother will be well again
(c) He will have to hide from the men
(d) He will go to an institution
12. What does the Lady begin feeding her dragonfly in order to keep it alive?
(b) Harpy food
(c) Lyra's blood
(d) Her own blood
13. What does Serafina tell Mary that she could teach Mary to do if they had the time?
(b) Work magic
(c) Walk into other's dreams
(d) See people's hidden daemons
14. How do the daemons know that what Serafina told them is true?
(a) The harpies told them
(b) They learned it in the land of the dead
(c) They have seen the proof
(d) An angel told them
15. What do Will and Lyra find when they open the window to Lord Asriel's world?
(a) A battle
(b) Their daemons
(c) Mrs. Coulter
(d) A legion of angels flying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asriel say that humans have that make them stronger than angels?
2. Where do Specters come from according to Pantalaimon and Kijava?
3. What does Father Gomez see when a bird hisses at him?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Metatron when he asks her where Lord Asriel is doing and where he is?
5. What does Mary realize is happening to the Dust?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)