|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will tell the Lady and Tialys that he hasn't said anything to the ghosts about getting them out?
(a) He will need quiet to open a window to the right world
(b) The Authority might find out
(c) The ghosts might tell the Harpies
(d) In case it doesn't work
2. What happens to the fox after he tells the Cliff Ghast about Iorek and Serafina?
(a) He is put under a spell
(b) He is forced to swear loyalty to the Ghasts
(c) He is killed
(d) He is taken prisoner
3. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The death of Baruch
(b) The arrival of Specters
(c) The movement of the church
(d) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
4. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama has happened to her daughter?
(a) She has been put under a spell
(b) She is healing herself
(c) She is very ill
(d) She stubbed her toe
5. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(c) Taken Prisoner
6. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) His mother
(b) His father's death
(c) The pain from his fingers
(d) The fear of the land of the dead
7. What does Will sit down to do while Lyra and Roger talk?
(a) Tend to his hand that is bleeding again
(b) Talk to the Gillevispians
(c) Use the knife
(d) Think on how to get the ghosts freed
8. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
(a) Give themselves to the Africans
(b) Go to the Church members and plead their case
(c) Kill Mrs. Coulter
(d) Go find Lord Asriel
9. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
(a) Lyra's own safety
(b) To keep Lyra from being tracked
(c) So that Lyra won't run away
(d) Lyra is sick
10. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
(a) Till they have traveling papers
(b) Till they have been cleansed
(c) They have to wait till they are dead
(d) Till death has visited the town and approved them
11. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
(a) Go to the ocean
(b) Go to the treetops at least three times a day
(c) Go to other mulefa villages to see how the Sraf acts
(d) Sleep in the treetops
12. What do they see along the road that Tialys says they should kill?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) A frog
(d) A hog
13. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(a) I am human
(b) Don't shoot
(c) Me friend
14. What causes Mrs. Coulter to drop her weapon?
(a) She was struck by a stray bullet
(b) She was stabbed
(c) Someone bit her
(d) Pantalaimon bit her
15. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
(a) Someone to call forth Grumman's spirit
(b) His spies
(c) Someone to read an alethiometer
(d) All of his generals
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
2. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
3. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
4. What does King Ogunwe say that Lord Asriel is trying to create?
5. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)