|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger try but fail to do when he sees Lyra?
(a) Embrace her
(b) Kiss her
(c) Tackle her
(d) Shake her hand
2. What do the villagers think that Mrs. Coulter is?
(a) A pilgram
(b) A wierdo
(c) A holy woman
(d) A witch
3. What does Mary make in order to put the ropes over the branches in the high trees?
(b) A ladder
(c) A home made grappling hook
(d) A flying carpet
4. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
(a) Lee and Hester
(c) The bear king
(d) Lord Asriel
5. What is Lord Roke's people's job to do in order to help Lord Asriel?
(b) Work magic
(c) Build weapons
6. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The death of Baruch
(b) The movement of the church
(c) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
(d) The arrival of Specters
7. When Lyra begins to stir whose name does she say?
8. What have the Chevalier Tialys and the Lady Salmakia brought with them?
(a) Dragon fly larvae
(b) A legion of angels
(c) Information about Father Gomez
(d) A map to find Lyra
9. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
(a) A three headed dog
(c) A demon
10. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
(a) An approaching army
(b) Lord Asriel's forces
11. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They think to see it is bad luck
(b) The think she is a wack job
(c) They can see it without the device
(d) They don't understand the importance
12. What does Will ask the angel, Bathalmos, to do before they go into Lyra's world?
(a) See if he can sense Lyra
(b) Pose as Will's daemon animal
(c) Tell his father he loves him
(d) Mark their way back to this world
13. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
(a) Go to the Church members and plead their case
(b) Go find Lord Asriel
(c) Kill Mrs. Coulter
(d) Give themselves to the Africans
14. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) Two elderly people
(b) Angelica and Paolo
(c) An old man missing two fingers
(d) A mass of children
15. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
(a) Someone to read an alethiometer
(b) All of his generals
(c) His spies
(d) Someone to call forth Grumman's spirit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama not to tell anyone that Mrs. Coulter and her daughter are in the cave?
2. What does Mary tell Atal that Mary must do?
3. Who does Ama say that she wants to help?
4. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
5. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)