|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) A mass of children
(b) Two elderly people
(c) Angelica and Paolo
(d) An old man missing two fingers
2. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
(b) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(c) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(d) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
3. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
(a) Someone to call forth Grumman's spirit
(b) His spies
(c) All of his generals
(d) Someone to read an alethiometer
4. Who does Mrs. Coulter look like to Will causing him to drop the knife?
(b) A Specter
(c) An angel
(d) His mother
5. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their spurs
(b) Their dragonflies
(c) Loadstone resonator
(d) Their poison
6. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
(a) She welcomed her death
(b) She was following orders
(c) She wasn't afraid to face death
(d) She died doing something important
7. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
(a) They have to wait till they are dead
(b) Till death has visited the town and approved them
(c) Till they have traveling papers
(d) Till they have been cleansed
8. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) Which way should they travel
(b) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(c) Is Rodger alright
(d) Is her mother alright
9. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
(a) A three headed dog
(c) A demon
10. What does King Ogunwe say that Lord Asriel is trying to create?
(a) A dynasty
(b) A united universe
(c) Republic of Heaven
(d) A world of peace
11. What does Will do to stop the fight between the bears and the towns people?
(a) Opens a window to a different world
(b) Chalenges the bear's leader to single combat
(c) Forces the people to give the bears fuel
(d) Uses the knife to sink he bears boat
12. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) His father's death
(b) His mother
(c) The fear of the land of the dead
(d) The pain from his fingers
13. Who does Ama say that she wants to help?
(a) A boy of about twelve
(b) The holy woman's daughter
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her neighbor
14. What is it that Lord Asriel claims that Lyra was able to do that makes her unique?
(a) Tamed and softened Mrs. Coulter
(b) Escaped from the Specters
(c) Found Will
(d) Used the alethiometer
15. Why does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama not to tell anyone that Mrs. Coulter and her daughter are in the cave?
(a) The enchanter is looking for her daughter
(b) They are on a quest
(c) They need privacy
(d) They have lots of money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
2. What does the boatman answer when Will asks if they are dead now too?
3. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
4. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
5. What does Father Gomez explain is the reason that the Specters don't bother him?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)