|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
(a) Iorek can fix it
(b) The Ghasts have the ability to fix it
(c) The angels can fix it
(d) There is another knife
2. What is it that causes Father Gomez to find the window that Mary went through?
(a) A dream
(b) A comunication from the Church
(c) The old couple from Cittagazze
(d) The weather
3. What do the villagers think that Mrs. Coulter is?
(a) A wierdo
(b) A pilgram
(c) A holy woman
(d) A witch
4. What does Will sit down to do while Lyra and Roger talk?
(a) Use the knife
(b) Talk to the Gillevispians
(c) Tend to his hand that is bleeding again
(d) Think on how to get the ghosts freed
5. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) His mother
(b) His father's death
(c) The fear of the land of the dead
(d) The pain from his fingers
6. What does Mary learn that the Mulefa call the Shadows that she is talking about?
7. What does Mrs. Coulter tell Ama has happened to her daughter?
(a) She stubbed her toe
(b) She is very ill
(c) She is healing herself
(d) She has been put under a spell
8. Where does Father Gomez find himself while following Mary's path?
(a) The window to the Mulefa's world
(b) A river that runs backwards
(c) The elderly couple's home that housed Mary
(d) Amoung the Specters
9. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
(a) Have her mummified
(b) Bring her body back
(c) Cut of her head
(d) Bring back the alethiometer
10. What causes Mrs. Coulter to drop her weapon?
(a) Pantalaimon bit her
(b) Someone bit her
(c) She was stabbed
(d) She was struck by a stray bullet
11. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They can only whisper
(b) They don't speak english
(c) They only moan
(d) They talk all at once
12. What does Iorek tell Lyra when she says that she must go to the world of the dead?
(a) He tells her that the world of the dead is a myth
(b) He tells her that he has no soul and they may not meet again
(c) He tells her that the bears created the world of the dead
(d) He says that the world of the dead was created as a punishment
13. What does the man tell Lyra and Will is the name of the place they have traveled to?
(b) A suburb of the world of the dead
(c) Transistion world
(d) The spirit's resting ground
14. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
(a) So that Lyra won't run away
(b) Lyra's own safety
(c) Lyra is sick
(d) To keep Lyra from being tracked
15. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
(a) To stop her mother
(b) To stop her father
(c) To get the ghosts to heaven
(d) To rescue the ghosts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
2. What does King Ogunwe say that Lord Asriel is trying to create?
3. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
4. What does Lyra tell Roger that Ma Costa said Lyra had in her soul?
5. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)