|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
(a) To keep Lyra from being tracked
(b) So that Lyra won't run away
(c) Lyra's own safety
(d) Lyra is sick
2. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No governing bodies
(b) No war of famine
(c) No polution or decay
(d) No priests or kings
3. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
(a) They are beautiful
(b) They have never seen such creatures
(c) They want to be rescued
(d) They are daemons
4. Who does Ama go to in order to try and help Mrs. Coulter's daughter?
(a) A healer
(b) Her uncle
(c) The village magician
(d) The town idiot
5. What does Mary spot about to attack the Mulefa?
(a) A neighboring tribe
(b) Large snakes
(c) Giant birds
(d) Huge rats
6. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
(a) What the knife wants
(b) What shape the knife becomes
(c) What Will is holding
(d) What Will thinks
7. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(a) Me friend
(c) Don't shoot
(d) I am human
8. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They can only whisper
(b) They only moan
(c) They don't speak english
(d) They talk all at once
9. What does Mary make in order to put the ropes over the branches in the high trees?
(a) A ladder
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A home made grappling hook
10. Who does Mrs. Coulter look like to Will causing him to drop the knife?
(a) An angel
(b) A Specter
(c) His mother
11. Who does Ama say that she wants to help?
(a) Her neighbor
(b) A boy of about twelve
(c) The holy woman's daughter
(d) Her cousin
12. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(b) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
(c) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(d) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
13. Who does Iorek say that he will side with in the coming war?
(a) Mrs. Coulter
(b) Whoever can offer the bears the best advantage
(c) The Church
(d) Lord Asriel
14. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
(a) Drug her and slap her
(b) Put a tattoo on her
(c) Slap her and kick her daemon
(d) Drug her and cut her finger
15. What does Iorek do when he comes upon Lee's body?
(a) Eats it
(b) Burns his body
(c) Gives him a proper burial
(d) Puts him on a raft out to sea
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyra tell Will she believed Mrs. Coulter was doing with her in the cave?
2. What does one of the harpies scream at Lyra when she begins explaining why they are there?
3. What does Mary tell Atal that Mary must do?
4. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
5. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)