|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyra find while she is arguing with Tialys?
(a) Will's death
(b) Mrs. Coulter's death
(c) Roger's death
(d) Her death
2. What change does Tialys note has happened in the Lady?
(a) She is running a fever
(b) She is weak
(c) She is pale
(d) Her eyes have become dark
3. What does Will ask the angel, Bathalmos, to do before they go into Lyra's world?
(a) Mark their way back to this world
(b) Pose as Will's daemon animal
(c) Tell his father he loves him
(d) See if he can sense Lyra
4. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their poison
(b) Their dragonflies
(c) Their spurs
(d) Loadstone resonator
5. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
(a) The key
(b) A witch
(c) The Tempter
6. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The death of Baruch
(b) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
(c) The arrival of Specters
(d) The movement of the church
7. What does Iorek tell Lyra when she says that she must go to the world of the dead?
(a) He says that the world of the dead was created as a punishment
(b) He tells her that the world of the dead is a myth
(c) He tells her that the bears created the world of the dead
(d) He tells her that he has no soul and they may not meet again
8. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They become enraged when she is around
(b) They are afraid of her
(c) They swarm to her
(d) They obey her
9. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) They don't understand the importance
(b) They can see it without the device
(c) The think she is a wack job
(d) They think to see it is bad luck
10. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
(a) They don't have any clear intentions
(b) They don't want to touch Lyra or Will
(c) They want to eat Lyra and Will
(d) They want to guid Lyra and Will
11. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
(a) Invite their deaths to be close
(b) Ask someone else's death for help
(c) Keep their deaths far away
(d) Look for their deaths
12. What is the response of the Gallivespian spies when they find that Lyra and Will don't intend to wait for Lord Asriel's transport for them?
(a) They tell the children that they are risking the world
(b) They say that Will and Lyra are afraid
(c) They accuse the children of working with the Church
(d) They accuse Will of Lying
13. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
(a) Till they have traveling papers
(b) Till they have been cleansed
(c) Till death has visited the town and approved them
(d) They have to wait till they are dead
14. Who does Iorek say that he will side with in the coming war?
(a) Whoever can offer the bears the best advantage
(b) The Church
(c) Mrs. Coulter
(d) Lord Asriel
15. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(a) Taken Prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mary told the Mulefa was needed in order for her spyglass to work?
2. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
3. What does Will find was left behind when Lyra was taken?
4. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
5. What does one of the harpies scream at Lyra when she begins explaining why they are there?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)