|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the Gallivespian spies when they find that Lyra and Will don't intend to wait for Lord Asriel's transport for them?
(a) They say that Will and Lyra are afraid
(b) They accuse the children of working with the Church
(c) They accuse Will of Lying
(d) They tell the children that they are risking the world
2. What must Lyra leave on the shore in order to go to the world of the dead?
(a) Her sack
(b) Her shoes
3. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
(a) Iorek can fix it
(b) The angels can fix it
(c) There is another knife
(d) The Ghasts have the ability to fix it
4. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No war of famine
(b) No governing bodies
(c) No polution or decay
(d) No priests or kings
5. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
(a) Prince and princess
(b) Poor orphans
(c) Dutch and Dutchess
(d) Children of Gyptians
6. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
(a) To keep Lyra from being tracked
(b) Lyra's own safety
(c) So that Lyra won't run away
(d) Lyra is sick
7. What does Father Gomez explain is the reason that the Specters don't bother him?
(a) He is being protected by the Authority
(b) His mission is sacred
(c) He carries the symbol of the church
(d) His soul is pure
8. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
(a) Keep their deaths far away
(b) Look for their deaths
(c) Ask someone else's death for help
(d) Invite their deaths to be close
9. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
(a) All of his generals
(b) Someone to call forth Grumman's spirit
(c) Someone to read an alethiometer
(d) His spies
10. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
(a) They have never seen such creatures
(b) They want to be rescued
(c) They are beautiful
(d) They are daemons
11. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
(a) Her to understand their language
(b) Her to become a member of their tribe
(c) Her to learn how to grow the seed pods
(d) Her to have the Mulefa dream
12. What does King Ogunwe say that Lord Asriel is trying to create?
(a) A united universe
(b) Republic of Heaven
(c) A world of peace
(d) A dynasty
13. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
(a) Slap her and kick her daemon
(b) Put a tattoo on her
(c) Drug her and cut her finger
(d) Drug her and slap her
14. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(a) I am human
(b) Me friend
(c) Don't shoot
15. What change does Tialys note has happened in the Lady?
(a) She is weak
(b) She is pale
(c) She is running a fever
(d) Her eyes have become dark
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
2. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
3. What creature does Atal tell Mary spoke to the first of their kind and showed them how to use the seed pods?
4. What does Will sit down to do while Lyra and Roger talk?
5. What does the alethiometer tell Lyra to follow in order to find the land of the dead?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)