|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Kill Lyra
(b) Find Will
(c) Find Lord Asriel's location
(d) Retrieve the alethiometer
2. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) Angelica and Paolo
(b) A mass of children
(c) Two elderly people
(d) An old man missing two fingers
3. Who does Will say he wants to find while he is there?
(a) A witch
(b) The Authority
(c) Lee Scorseby
(d) John Parry
4. What change does Tialys note has happened in the Lady?
(a) She is pale
(b) She is weak
(c) She is running a fever
(d) Her eyes have become dark
5. Why does Lyra tell Will she believed Mrs. Coulter was doing with her in the cave?
(a) Trying to be a mother to her
(b) Healing her
(c) Keeping her safe
(d) Watching over her
6. Who does Lyra tell the people that her and Will are?
(a) Dutch and Dutchess
(b) Prince and princess
(c) Children of Gyptians
(d) Poor orphans
7. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
(a) Have her mummified
(b) Cut of her head
(c) Bring back the alethiometer
(d) Bring her body back
8. What does the boatman answer when Will asks if they are dead now too?
(b) It doesn't matter
(c) No one can tell
9. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
(a) She wasn't afraid to face death
(b) She welcomed her death
(c) She was following orders
(d) She died doing something important
10. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
(b) The bear king
(c) Lord Asriel
(d) Lee and Hester
11. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
(a) A witch
(c) The Tempter
(d) The key
12. What does Roger try but fail to do when he sees Lyra?
(a) Shake her hand
(b) Kiss her
(c) Embrace her
(d) Tackle her
13. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(b) Is Rodger alright
(c) Which way should they travel
(d) Is her mother alright
14. What is it that Lord Asriel claims that Lyra was able to do that makes her unique?
(a) Used the alethiometer
(b) Escaped from the Specters
(c) Found Will
(d) Tamed and softened Mrs. Coulter
15. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
(a) Give themselves to the Africans
(b) Kill Mrs. Coulter
(c) Go to the Church members and plead their case
(d) Go find Lord Asriel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
2. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
3. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
4. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
5. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)