|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
(a) What Will thinks
(b) What shape the knife becomes
(c) What the knife wants
(d) What Will is holding
2. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(a) Don't shoot
(b) Me friend
(d) I am human
3. What confuses the Mulefa about Mary needing the device she has created to see Shadow?
(a) The think she is a wack job
(b) They don't understand the importance
(c) They think to see it is bad luck
(d) They can see it without the device
4. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
(b) The movement of the church
(c) The death of Baruch
(d) The arrival of Specters
5. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
(b) Lord Asriel's forces
(d) An approaching army
6. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(a) Taken Prisoner
7. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) Which way should they travel
(b) Is her mother alright
(c) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(d) Is Rodger alright
8. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
(b) The key
(c) The Tempter
(d) A witch
9. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
(a) Leave Pantalaimon behind
(b) Leave the knife behind
(c) Give them the coordinates to where they are goin?
(d) Agree to go to Lord Asriel
10. What does the Lady say it will mean if she dies while going with Lyra to the world of the dead?
(a) She welcomed her death
(b) She died doing something important
(c) She was following orders
(d) She wasn't afraid to face death
11. What does Will find was left behind when Lyra was taken?
(b) Her blanket
(c) Her food
(d) Her daemon
12. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
(a) She laughs
(b) She tells them that she will not have anything to do with her father
(c) She agrees to go
(d) She cries
13. What do the ghost children say is something that no one ever forgets?
(a) Their names
14. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Their dragonflies
(b) Loadstone resonator
(c) Their spurs
(d) Their poison
15. Who does Ama say that she wants to help?
(a) A boy of about twelve
(b) Her cousin
(c) The holy woman's daughter
(d) Her neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the suit tell them they will have to wait on before they continue traveling?
2. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
3. What does the boatman answer when Will asks if they are dead now too?
4. What is Father Gomez looking for in order to find Lyra?
5. What is the part that Mary Malone had been told to play by her computer before she went through the window to the different world?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)