|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the Gallivespians when they approach the door?
(a) A three headed dog
(c) A demon
2. What does Roger try but fail to do when he sees Lyra?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Tackle her
(c) Shake her hand
(d) Embrace her
3. What does Lyra tell Roger that she now believes is her destiny?
(a) To get the ghosts to heaven
(b) To rescue the ghosts
(c) To stop her father
(d) To stop her mother
4. What does Lyra and Will tell the Gallivespians that they must do before they go to Lord Asriel?
(a) Find Iorek
(b) Find Mrs. Coulter
(c) Go fix the knife
(d) Make sure Ama is alright
5. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They don't speak english
(b) They only moan
(c) They talk all at once
(d) They can only whisper
6. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
(c) Taken Prisoner
7. Where does Father Gomez find himself while following Mary's path?
(a) A river that runs backwards
(b) The elderly couple's home that housed Mary
(c) The window to the Mulefa's world
(d) Amoung the Specters
8. What does Sattamax tell Mary they have been waiting on before they asked her for help?
(a) Her to become a member of their tribe
(b) Her to learn how to grow the seed pods
(c) Her to understand their language
(d) Her to have the Mulefa dream
9. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
(a) Angelica and Paolo
(b) A mass of children
(c) An old man missing two fingers
(d) Two elderly people
10. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
(c) The knife
(d) Mrs. Coulter
11. Why does Lyra tell Will she believed Mrs. Coulter was doing with her in the cave?
(a) Watching over her
(b) Trying to be a mother to her
(c) Keeping her safe
(d) Healing her
12. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No governing bodies
(b) No polution or decay
(c) No war of famine
(d) No priests or kings
13. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
(a) Which way should they travel
(b) How to get rid of the Gallivespians
(c) Is Rodger alright
(d) Is her mother alright
14. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Retrieve the alethiometer
(b) Find Will
(c) Kill Lyra
(d) Find Lord Asriel's location
15. What is it that Lord Asriel claims that Lyra was able to do that makes her unique?
(a) Tamed and softened Mrs. Coulter
(b) Escaped from the Specters
(c) Found Will
(d) Used the alethiometer
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
2. What is Father Gomez looking for in order to find Lyra?
3. What does Iorek tell Will will be just as important during the forging of the knife as what Iorek will do?
4. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
5. What does Iorek tell Lyra when she says that she must go to the world of the dead?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)