|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Coulter's monkey daemon hear?
(a) An approaching army
(d) Lord Asriel's forces
2. What is Lord Roke's people's job to do in order to help Lord Asriel?
(a) Build weapons
(c) Work magic
3. What does Iorek tell Lyra when she says that she must go to the world of the dead?
(a) He tells her that the world of the dead is a myth
(b) He says that the world of the dead was created as a punishment
(c) He tells her that the bears created the world of the dead
(d) He tells her that he has no soul and they may not meet again
4. What does Atal do when Mary finally returns to the ground?
(a) Does a dance
(b) Touches Mary with her trunk
(c) Sings a song
(d) Gives Mary a flower
5. What does Lady Salmakia find out the Church believes about Lyra?
(a) Lyra is a monster
(b) She is the most important child
(c) She is going to destroy the world
(d) Lyra has magic abilities
6. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
(a) The arrival of Specters
(b) The movement of the church
(c) The death of Baruch
(d) The rip of the fabric of the worlds
7. What does the church intend to do to prove that Lyra is dead?
(a) Bring back the alethiometer
(b) Bring her body back
(c) Have her mummified
(d) Cut of her head
8. What does Ama see Mrs. Coulter do to Lyra?
(a) Slap her and kick her daemon
(b) Drug her and slap her
(c) Drug her and cut her finger
(d) Put a tattoo on her
9. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
(b) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(c) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(d) She wnats to have an advantage over them
10. What does one of the harpies scream at Lyra when she begins explaining why they are there?
11. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
(a) Sleep in the treetops
(b) Go to the ocean
(c) Go to other mulefa villages to see how the Sraf acts
(d) Go to the treetops at least three times a day
12. What had Mary told the Mulefa was needed in order for her spyglass to work?
(a) It had to be kept perfectly still
(b) The two pieces had to be held a handspan apart
(c) It had to be held one over each eye
(d) It had to be polished before hand
13. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They obey her
(b) They swarm to her
(c) They are afraid of her
(d) They become enraged when she is around
14. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Loadstone resonator
(b) Their poison
(c) Their spurs
(d) Their dragonflies
15. What is Father Gomez sent to do?
(a) Retrieve the alethiometer
(b) Kill Lyra
(c) Find Lord Asriel's location
(d) Find Will
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father Gomez talk to in Cittagazze?
2. Why does Mrs. Coulter say that she is keeping Lyra drugged?
3. What have the Chevalier Tialys and the Lady Salmakia brought with them?
4. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
5. What is it that causes Father Gomez to find the window that Mary went through?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)