|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
(a) Leave Pantalaimon behind
(b) Give them the coordinates to where they are goin?
(c) Leave the knife behind
(d) Agree to go to Lord Asriel
2. What will be unique about Lord Asriel's new world that he hopes to create?
(a) No governing bodies
(b) No priests or kings
(c) No war of famine
(d) No polution or decay
3. What does Will find was left behind when Lyra was taken?
(a) Her food
(b) Her blanket
(d) Her daemon
4. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They can only whisper
(b) They don't speak english
(c) They talk all at once
(d) They only moan
5. When Lyra begins to stir whose name does she say?
6. What does Mary say she will need to do in order to observer the Dust or Sraf?
(a) Go to the treetops at least three times a day
(b) Go to the ocean
(c) Sleep in the treetops
(d) Go to other mulefa villages to see how the Sraf acts
7. What does Lady Salmakia find out the Church believes about Lyra?
(a) Lyra is a monster
(b) Lyra has magic abilities
(c) She is the most important child
(d) She is going to destroy the world
8. What does Magda's death advise Will and Lyra to do?
(a) Ask someone else's death for help
(b) Look for their deaths
(c) Keep their deaths far away
(d) Invite their deaths to be close
9. What does Mary learn that the Mulefa call the Shadows that she is talking about?
10. What does Lyra find while she is arguing with Tialys?
(a) Her death
(b) Mrs. Coulter's death
(c) Will's death
(d) Roger's death
11. What does Lyra tell Roger that Ma Costa said Lyra had in her soul?
12. What have the Chevalier Tialys and the Lady Salmakia brought with them?
(a) Information about Father Gomez
(b) A map to find Lyra
(c) Dragon fly larvae
(d) A legion of angels
13. Who does Will say he wants to find while he is there?
(a) Lee Scorseby
(b) The Authority
(c) A witch
(d) John Parry
14. What does Mary spot about to attack the Mulefa?
(a) A neighboring tribe
(b) Huge rats
(c) Large snakes
(d) Giant birds
15. What is it that Lord Asriel claims that Lyra was able to do that makes her unique?
(a) Escaped from the Specters
(b) Tamed and softened Mrs. Coulter
(c) Used the alethiometer
(d) Found Will
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Serafina Pekkala looking for in the beginning of chapter three?
2. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
3. What does Lord Asriel begin to hunt for with the help of the alethiometer?
4. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
5. Who does Lord Asriel have called in after Baruch dies?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)