|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Five, Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the alethiometer tell Lyra to follow in order to find the land of the dead?
(a) Follow the edge of the river
(b) Follow the knife
(c) Follow the Gallivespians
(d) Follow the edge of the mountain
2. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They don't speak english
(b) They only moan
(c) They talk all at once
(d) They can only whisper
3. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
(a) Go to her homeworld
(b) Run far away from Lord Asriel and Mrs. Coulter
(c) Return for Pantalaimon
(d) Set the ghosts free
4. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) The pain from his fingers
(b) His father's death
(c) His mother
(d) The fear of the land of the dead
5. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
(a) Leave Pantalaimon behind
(b) Leave the knife behind
(c) Agree to go to Lord Asriel
(d) Give them the coordinates to where they are goin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
2. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
3. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
4. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
5. What is the waterfall of Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux used for?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)