|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Five, Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will discover about the Harpies and their intentions?
(a) They want to eat Lyra and Will
(b) They don't want to touch Lyra or Will
(c) They want to guid Lyra and Will
(d) They don't have any clear intentions
2. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) His father's death
(b) The pain from his fingers
(c) His mother
(d) The fear of the land of the dead
3. Why does Lyra not want to tell the Gallivespians where they are going?
(a) She wnats to have an advantage over them
(b) She thinks the Gallivespians are hiding something
(c) They have talked of the curse of the land of the dead
(d) She thinks they will tell Lord Asriel
4. What do the Gallivespians agree to give to Lyra and Will?
(a) Loadstone resonator
(b) Their poison
(c) Their spurs
(d) Their dragonflies
5. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
(a) Sacrifice one of his men
(b) Find a child to use the machine on
(c) Sacrifice himself
(d) Wait until Mrs. Coulter is found
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
2. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
3. What does Will do to stop the fight between the bears and the towns people?
4. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
5. What does Tialys say has happened to Mrs. Coulter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)