|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Five, Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
(a) Find a child to use the machine on
(b) Sacrifice one of his men
(c) Wait until Mrs. Coulter is found
(d) Sacrifice himself
2. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
(b) Bug migration
3. What does Lyra tell Will she wants to do when they find Roger and Will's father?
(a) Return for Pantalaimon
(b) Go to her homeworld
(c) Set the ghosts free
(d) Run far away from Lord Asriel and Mrs. Coulter
4. What thought comes to Will's mind and almost causes him to break the knife a second time?
(a) The pain from his fingers
(b) His father's death
(c) The fear of the land of the dead
(d) His mother
5. What does Tialys tell Will that they must do?
(a) Kill Mrs. Coulter
(b) Give themselves to the Africans
(c) Go to the Church members and plead their case
(d) Go find Lord Asriel
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Gallivespian's tell Will and Lyra they must do if they want to go off and talk in private?
2. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
3. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
4. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
5. Who does Will say he wants to find while he is there?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)