|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Five, Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They obey her
(b) They swarm to her
(c) They become enraged when she is around
(d) They are afraid of her
2. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
(a) She cries
(b) She laughs
(c) She tells them that she will not have anything to do with her father
(d) She agrees to go
3. What does the alethiometer tell Lyra to follow in order to find the land of the dead?
(a) Follow the edge of the river
(b) Follow the Gallivespians
(c) Follow the edge of the mountain
(d) Follow the knife
4. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
(a) They have never seen such creatures
(b) They are daemons
(c) They are beautiful
(d) They want to be rescued
5. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They can only whisper
(b) They don't speak english
(c) They only moan
(d) They talk all at once
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra ask the alethiometer when she first wakes up?
2. What has happened to Roke?
3. Why does Lyra tell Will she believed Mrs. Coulter was doing with her in the cave?
4. What does MacPhail intend to do since Mrs. Coulter is no longer a captive to be sacrificed for the necessary energy to detonate the bomb aimed at killing Lyra?
5. Where does Lord Roke hide when they first land/
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)