|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Five, Saint-Jean-Les-Eaux.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Dr. Malone have on the Specters?
(a) They become enraged when she is around
(b) They obey her
(c) They are afraid of her
(d) They swarm to her
2. What makes it hard to communicate with the ghosts?
(a) They talk all at once
(b) They don't speak english
(c) They can only whisper
(d) They only moan
3. What do the children ghosts think when they see the Gallivespian's dragon flies?
(a) They want to be rescued
(b) They are daemons
(c) They have never seen such creatures
(d) They are beautiful
4. What does Lyra do when the Gallivespians tell her that they will force her to come with them?
(a) She agrees to go
(b) She cries
(c) She tells them that she will not have anything to do with her father
(d) She laughs
5. What does Mary Malone tell the Mulefa that cause them to laugh?
(b) Don't shoot
(c) Me friend
(d) I am human
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra find out when she uses the alethiometer to ask about the broken knife?
2. What is the part that Mary Malone had been told to play by her computer before she went through the window to the different world?
3. What is Dr. Mary Malone identified as?
4. What does Balthamos suddenly become aware of that causes him emotional pain?
5. What is happening which makes Roke's task even more dangerous?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)