|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
2. Who is Suzanne now trying to kill?
3. Who accuses Loring of stealing The Amber Room?
4. How much is Suzanne willing to pay for information about The Amber Room?
5. What does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll before they leave his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
2. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
3. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
4. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
5. After Paul tells Wayland about Grumer, what does Wayland learn from Grumer when he confronts him?
6. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
7. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
8. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
9. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
10. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Amber Room"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)