|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grumer assumes that Margarethe works for whom?
2. How does Rachel feel about Knoll?
3. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
4. Danya says that he and Karol had seen The Amber Room in _____________________.
5. Who goes by the name Margarethe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Knoll. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Berry's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)