|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margarethe want to know about the excavation?
2. How does Danya know who Rachel is?
3. Who is Ernst's father?
4. Who did Loring use to restore The Amber Room?
5. Which of the following has NOT been some of the people killed in search of The Amber Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
2. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
3. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
4. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
5. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
6. Describe what takes place in the mine with Rachel, Knoll and Suzanne.
7. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
8. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
9. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
10. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Amber Room"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Berry uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Knoll. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)