|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knoll and Suzanne are both called __________________.
2. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
3. Where is Paul keeping the letters and wallet found in the cave?
4. Who had wanted The Amber Room more than Hitler did?
5. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
2. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
3. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
4. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
5. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
6. Describe what takes place in the mine with Rachel, Knoll and Suzanne.
7. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
8. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
9. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
10. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)