|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Rachel and Knoll enter the cave?
2. Which of the following does Suzanne NOT decide to kill?
3. How does Knoll threaten Rachel?
4. What does Fritz assure Paul of?
5. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)