Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margarethe want to know about the excavation?
2. Which one of Hitler's men claimed to know the location of The Amber Room in order to stay alive after the war?
3. Paul hears that there has been a murder at ____________________.
4. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
5. Why has Paul not told McKoy yet about Grumer?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)