|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margarethe want to know about the excavation?
2. Which one of Hitler's men claimed to know the location of The Amber Room in order to stay alive after the war?
3. Paul hears that there has been a murder at ____________________.
4. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
5. Why has Paul not told McKoy yet about Grumer?
Essay Topic 1
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Berry's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Rachel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)