|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knoll overhears several castle employees discussing _______________________.
2. Who accuses Loring of stealing The Amber Room?
3. Who is Suzanne now trying to kill?
4. What does Paul notice in the sand and picks up before anyone notices?
5. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
2. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
3. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
4. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
5. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
6. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
7. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
8. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
9. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
10. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author creates characters who are sympathetic and those who are not. Name at least three characters for whom you have sympathy and reasons why. Then name at least three characters who have not earned your sympathy and identify reasons why.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story, and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)