|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
2. What does Loring show his guests during dinner?
3. Paul tells Rachel that he is suspicious of whom?
4. Who kills Grumer?
5. Danya says that he and Karol had seen The Amber Room in _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
2. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
3. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
4. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
5. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
6. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
7. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
8. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
9. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
10. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Berry uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Amber Room"? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)