|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Grumer working?
2. What do Suzanne and Grumer find after searching the Cutlers' hotel room?
3. Where had Loring's father found The Amber Room?
4. What do Paul, Rachel and McKoy see when they enter the cave?
5. Goring and Hitler had competed with each other to __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
2. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
3. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
4. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
5. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
6. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
7. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
8. After Paul tells Wayland about Grumer, what does Wayland learn from Grumer when he confronts him?
9. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
10. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Paul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)