|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Danya know who Rachel is?
2. What does Loring show his guests during dinner?
3. The group is unsure of whose interest in The Amber Room?
4. Where are Knoll and Rachel headed in Chapter 27?
5. Who does Fritz say is a suspect in the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
2. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
3. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
4. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
5. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
6. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
7. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
8. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
9. After Paul tells Wayland about Grumer, what does Wayland learn from Grumer when he confronts him?
10. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Loring. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Berry uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Rachel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)