|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul keeping the letters and wallet found in the cave?
2. Who is Suzanne now trying to kill?
3. Loring's father provided sub par __________________ to the Nazis.
4. Who is Fritz Pannik?
5. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
2. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
3. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
4. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
5. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
6. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
7. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
8. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
9. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
10. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author creates characters who are sympathetic and those who are not. Name at least three characters for whom you have sympathy and reasons why. Then name at least three characters who have not earned your sympathy and identify reasons why.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Knoll. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)