|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Danya lie to Rachel and Knoll about the location of The Amber Room?
2. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
3. How many of McKoy's investors have traveled to Germany to hear the outcome of the dig?
4. How does Rachel feel about Knoll?
5. How were the people in the mine killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
2. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
3. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
4. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
5. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
6. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
7. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
8. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
9. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
10. Describe what takes place in the mine with Rachel, Knoll and Suzanne.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Paul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)