|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goring and Hitler had competed with each other to __________________________.
2. Where are Knoll and Rachel headed in Chapter 27?
3. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
4. Grumer assumes that Margarethe works for whom?
5. What is the setting for Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
2. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
3. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
4. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
5. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
6. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
7. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
8. After Paul tells Wayland about Grumer, what does Wayland learn from Grumer when he confronts him?
9. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
10. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Berry's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)