|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul arrives in which country in Chapter 31?
2. Which one of Hitler's men claimed to know the location of The Amber Room in order to stay alive after the war?
3. What is Wayland McKoy's current business in Germany?
4. What doe Suzanne and Loring think about Knoll?
5. What letters does the man in #126 erase in the sand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
2. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
3. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
4. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
5. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
6. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
7. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
8. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
9. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
10. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)