|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
2. Which lawyer does Rachel reprimand after a court session?
3. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
4. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
5. Who is the owner of the chateau who Knoll kills?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
2. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
3. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
4. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
5. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
6. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
7. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
9. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
10. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Knoll. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Paul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story, and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)