|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
2. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
3. In what year were the panels of The Amber Room packed up and stored away?
4. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
5. How long has Karol lived in Fulton County, Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
2. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
3. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
4. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
5. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
6. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
7. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
8. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
9. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
10. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story, and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Paul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Rachel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)