|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
3. In what year was The Amber Room finally completed?
4. Who is Knoll's employer?
5. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
2. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
3. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
4. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
5. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
6. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
7. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
8. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
9. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
10. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Amber Room"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Berry's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)