|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Knoll about why she is in Germany?
2. For whom does Suzanne Danzer work?
3. The Amber Room was commissioned in what year?
4. What had the man in #27 found when he went exploring in the Heimkehl Caverns in Germany?
5. Paul's parents had been generous benefactors to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
2. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
3. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
4. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
5. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
6. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
7. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
8. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
9. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
10. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)