|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knoll admit to Rachel?
2. How old was Karol when his wife died?
3. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
4. What are the four men given as they are led from the barracks?
5. Who is Knoll's employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
2. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
3. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
4. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
5. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
6. How does Knoll learn that Rachel is going to Germany?
7. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
8. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
9. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
10. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the prominent setting for the novel. Why does Berry use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)