|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
2. Who is Danya's grandson?
3. Who does Rachel ask to handle her father's estate?
4. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
5. In what city does the present day activity take place in Part 1: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
2. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
3. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
4. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
5. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
6. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
7. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
8. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
9. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
10. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Berry's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)