|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
2. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
3. The Amber Room was commissioned in what year?
4. What subject catches Karol's attention on the TV news?
5. What does Knoll notice about Suzanne at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
2. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
3. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
4. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
5. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
6. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
7. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
8. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
9. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
10. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Rachel and Paul. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)