|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
2. Who is the man in the judge's name change case?
3. Who commissioned The Amber Room?
4. What does Fellner that he wants to do before he retires?
5. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
2. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
3. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
4. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
5. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
6. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
7. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
8. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
9. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
10. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Rachel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)