Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
3. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
4. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
5. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
2. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
3. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
4. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
5. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
6. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
7. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
8. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
9. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
10. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
The author creates characters who are sympathetic and those who are not. Name at least three characters for whom you have sympathy and reasons why. Then name at least three characters who have not earned your sympathy and identify reasons why.
Explain Berry's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)