|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year were the panels of The Amber Room packed up and stored away?
2. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
3. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
4. Which of the following is NOT part of Suzanne's disguise when she visits Paul at his office?
5. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
2. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
3. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
4. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
5. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
6. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
7. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
8. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
9. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
10. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Loring. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Paul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Berry uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)