|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karol thinks it is his fault that ________________________ are dead.
2. How does Suzanne get Paul to give up information?
3. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
4. Which lawyer does Rachel reprimand after a court session?
5. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
2. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
3. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
4. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
5. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
6. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
7. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
8. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
9. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
10. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the prominent setting for the novel. Why does Berry use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)