|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised and waiting for Knoll at Rachel's office?
2. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
3. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
4. What is Rachel not looking forward to this year?
5. In what year were the panels of The Amber Room packed up and stored away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
2. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
3. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
4. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
5. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
6. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
7. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
8. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
9. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
10. How does Knoll learn that Rachel is going to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)