Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
3. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
4. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
5. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
2. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
3. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
4. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
5. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
6. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
7. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
8. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
9. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
10. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Amber Room"? Cite an example to support your answer.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)