|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Nazis do with the amber panels?
2. What are the four men given as they are led from the barracks?
3. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
4. What does Knoll admit to Rachel?
5. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
2. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
3. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
4. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
5. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
6. How does the novel end for the Cutlers?
7. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
8. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
9. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
10. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Rachel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
"The Amber Room" is a modern-day mystery and thriller story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Berry uses more than one instance of irony in the story. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,672 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)