|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The palace in #51 was turned into a museum in what year?
2. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
3. Where does Knoll offer to take Rachel?
4. Where does Paul have a meeting with a reporter?
5. What is Rachel Cutler's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
2. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
3. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
4. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
5. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
6. Describe Rachel Cutler's personality and demeanor.
7. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
8. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
9. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
10. How does Knoll learn that Rachel is going to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author creates characters who are sympathetic and those who are not. Name at least three characters for whom you have sympathy and reasons why. Then name at least three characters who have not earned your sympathy and identify reasons why.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)