|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
2. Who picks up Karol's grandchildren at the house?
3. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
4. Who is Rachel's ex-husband?
5. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
2. Describe Rachel Cutler's personality and demeanor.
3. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
4. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
5. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
6. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
7. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
8. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
9. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
10. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
Essay Topic 1
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
The author creates characters who are sympathetic and those who are not. Name at least three characters for whom you have sympathy and reasons why. Then name at least three characters who have not earned your sympathy and identify reasons why.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Knoll. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,686 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)