|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knoll throw at the person in #145?
(a) A stiletto.
(b) A rock.
(c) A torch.
(d) A bomb.
2. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
(a) She kicks him in the crotch.
(b) She gives him sleeping pills.
(c) She stabs him.
(d) She shoots him.
3. What does Fritz inform Rachel and Paul about regarding the mine?
(a) There was an explosion today and two years ago.
(b) It is the most prolific mine if Germany.
(c) The mine is a network of explosives.
(d) Men were buried alive in their fifty years ago.
4. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
(c) The lights.
5. How were the people in the mine killed?
(c) Gunshot wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul, Rachel and McKoy see when they enter the cave?
2. How much money had McKoy promised his investors regardless of whether or not he found an art fortune?
3. Where had Loring's father found The Amber Room?
4. What does Loring show his guests during dinner?
5. Knoll overhears several castle employees discussing _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
2. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
3. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
4. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
5. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
6. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
7. After Paul tells Wayland about Grumer, what does Wayland learn from Grumer when he confronts him?
8. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
9. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
10. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)