|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter 45?
(a) The abbey.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A theater.
(d) The mine.
2. Until now, what had never happened among the Retrievers of Lost Antiques?
(a) There had never been a president.
(b) There had never been a secret told.
(c) There had been no killing attempts.
(d) There had never been a newsletter.
3. What doe Suzanne and Loring think about Knoll?
(a) He set off the explosion.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He escaped the mine explosion.
(d) He is trapped in the mine.
4. Who kills Grumer?
5. Where had Loring's father found The Amber Room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knoll do after he escapes from the mine?
2. What does Fritz inform Rachel and Paul about regarding the mine?
3. Which of the following does Loring NOT say he is leaving to Suzanne?
4. Who is Julius?
5. Which of the following did McKoy NOT do with the money from investors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
2. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
3. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
4. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
5. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
6. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
7. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
8. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
9. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
10. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)