|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul keeping the letters and wallet found in the cave?
(a) Under the false bottom of his briefcase.
(b) In a safe deposit box.
(c) In the hotel safe.
(d) Taped to his body.
2. Why does Danya lie to Rachel and Knoll about the location of The Amber Room?
(a) He doesn't trust that Rachel is who she says she is.
(b) He doesn't want Knoll to get the treasure.
(c) He wants the reward money for himself.
(d) Suzanne has kidnapped his grandson.
3. What doe Suzanne and Loring think about Knoll?
(a) He is trapped in the mine.
(b) He set off the explosion.
(c) He escaped the mine explosion.
(d) He is dead.
4. Who does Rachel convince Paul into seeing before they head back to Atlanta?
(a) Wayland McKoy.
(b) Franz Fellner.
(c) Hubert Heinrich.
(d) Fritz Pannik.
5. How were the people in the mine killed?
(c) Gunshot wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
2. Grumer assumes that Margarethe works for whom?
3. What does Paul notice in the sand and picks up before anyone notices?
4. What do Suzanne and Grumer find after searching the Cutlers' hotel room?
5. Who is McKoy's employee in the cave at the same time as McKoy, Paul and Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
2. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
3. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
4. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
5. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
6. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
7. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
8. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
9. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
10. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)