|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) Loring Castle.
(b) The mine.
(c) The airport.
(d) A museum.
2. Who is killed aboard a jet crash?
(a) Fellner and Monika.
(b) Knoll and Monika.
(c) Knoll and Suzanne.
(d) Fellner and Koch.
3. What are Rachel's thoughts after escaping the mine explosion?
(a) She wants to talk to her children.
(b) She wants to continue her search for The Amber Room.
(c) She wants to re-marry Paul.
(d) She wants to return home immediately.
4. What does Knoll throw at the person in #145?
(a) A stiletto.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A torch.
(d) A rock.
5. Why does Danya lie to Rachel and Knoll about the location of The Amber Room?
(a) He wants the reward money for himself.
(b) He doesn't trust that Rachel is who she says she is.
(c) He doesn't want Knoll to get the treasure.
(d) Suzanne has kidnapped his grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Loring NOT say he is leaving to Suzanne?
2. How can Paul best be described?
3. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
4. The group is unsure of whose interest in The Amber Room?
5. What does Knoll do after he escapes from the mine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
2. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
3. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
4. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
5. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
6. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
7. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
8. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
9. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
10. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)