|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll before they leave his house?
(a) A code.
(c) A map.
2. Paul tells Rachel that he is suspicious of whom?
3. What does Paul notice during the meeting with the investors?
(a) A man in the back taking notes.
(b) A blonde woman peeks into the meeting.
(c) The lights in the room flickered.
(d) It is getting very cold in the room.
4. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) The mine.
(b) Loring Castle.
(c) The airport.
(d) A museum.
5. What do the signs at the cave warn intruders about?
(a) Trespassers will be shot.
(b) Explosives in the mines.
(c) Security cameras are on.
(d) No smoking allowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
2. How much money had McKoy promised his investors regardless of whether or not he found an art fortune?
3. Who goes by the name Margarethe?
4. Who is Fritz Pannik?
5. Fritz is notified about the explosion at the mine and that Rachel is _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
2. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
3. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
4. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
5. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
6. Even though Wayland seems to be very trusting of the Cutlers, why is Paul still reticent to reveal anything to him?
7. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
8. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
9. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
10. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)