|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Suzanne and Grumer find after searching the Cutlers' hotel room?
(a) A map.
(b) Karol's letters.
2. Who has been murdered?
3. What do Paul, Rachel and McKoy see when they enter the cave?
(a) 4 trucks and 8 dead bodies.
(b) 1 truck and 2 dead bodies.
(c) 4 trucks and 4 dead bodies.
(d) 4 trucks and 2 dead bodies.
4. How were the people in the mine killed?
(a) Gunshot wounds.
5. What does Fritz inform Rachel and Paul about regarding the mine?
(a) Men were buried alive in their fifty years ago.
(b) There was an explosion today and two years ago.
(c) It is the most prolific mine if Germany.
(d) The mine is a network of explosives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knoll and Suzanne are both called __________________.
2. What does Paul notice during the meeting with the investors?
3. Who goes by the name Margarethe?
4. How many of McKoy's investors have traveled to Germany to hear the outcome of the dig?
5. Who does Fritz say is a suspect in the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wayland McKoy and how do Paul and Rachel meet him?
2. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
3. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
4. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
5. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
6. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
7. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
8. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
9. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
10. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)