|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ernst's father?
(a) Erik Steinbrenner.
(b) Paul Koch.
(c) Josef Loring.
(d) William Schwartz.
2. Who is McKoy's employee in the cave at the same time as McKoy, Paul and Rachel?
(a) Herr Doctor Heinrich Mueller.
(b) Specialist Andre La Croix.
(c) Herr Doctor Alfred Grumer.
(d) Herr Doctor Alex Koenig.
3. How many of McKoy's investors have traveled to Germany to hear the outcome of the dig?
4. Danya says that he and Karol had seen The Amber Room in _____________________.
(a) the Harz Mountains.
(b) the Austrian Alps.
(c) the Swiss Alps.
(d) the Rockie Mountains.
5. For whom is Grumer working?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Loring and Suzanne tell the people in #164?
2. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
3. Which of the following did McKoy NOT do with the money from investors?
4. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
5. How does Knoll threaten Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danya tell Rachel and Knoll about Enrich Koch?
2. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
3. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
4. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
5. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
6. Describe what takes place in the mine with Rachel, Knoll and Suzanne.
7. What has Rachel learned about herself and how does she feel about Paul now?
8. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
9. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
10. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)