|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is McKoy's employee in the cave at the same time as McKoy, Paul and Rachel?
(a) Herr Doctor Alex Koenig.
(b) Herr Doctor Heinrich Mueller.
(c) Herr Doctor Alfred Grumer.
(d) Specialist Andre La Croix.
2. Who shoots and kills Knoll?
(d) The butler.
3. What do the signs at the cave warn intruders about?
(a) Trespassers will be shot.
(b) Explosives in the mines.
(c) No smoking allowed.
(d) Security cameras are on.
4. Where had Loring's father found The Amber Room?
5. What does Fritz inform Rachel and Paul about regarding the mine?
(a) It is the most prolific mine if Germany.
(b) Men were buried alive in their fifty years ago.
(c) The mine is a network of explosives.
(d) There was an explosion today and two years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had wanted The Amber Room more than Hitler did?
2. How does Danya know who Rachel is?
3. Who accuses Loring of stealing The Amber Room?
4. What does Knoll throw at the person in #145?
5. How many of McKoy's investors have traveled to Germany to hear the outcome of the dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
2. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
3. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
4. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
5. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
6. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
7. What information does Paul provide to the investigator, Fritz Pannik, and how does Paul learn about Rachel's condition?
8. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
9. Why do Rachel and Paul no longer trust Wayland?
10. What does the party discover when venturing further into the cave?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)