|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Knoll pay the taxi driver for scaring Rachel with his car?
(a) 1000 euros.
(b) 100 euros.
(c) 500 euros.
(d) 5 euros.
2. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
3. What had the man in #27 found when he went exploring in the Heimkehl Caverns in Germany?
(a) The Amber Room.
(c) Secret document.
(d) Cars and paintings.
4. Where is Knoll as Chapter 21 begins?
(a) The art museum.
(c) His hotel.
(d) Rachel's office.
5. Karol's grandchildren are Brent and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel meet Christian Knoll?
2. In what city does the present day activity take place in Part 1: Chapter 1?
3. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
4. How old is Karol in the present day?
5. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
2. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
3. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
4. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
5. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
6. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
7. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
8. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
9. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
10. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)