|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
(a) To kill them.
(b) To give them work orders.
(c) To free them.
(d) To torture them.
3. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
4. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
(a) Karol was in the hospital.
(b) He could not find the address.
(c) Karol had died.
(d) Karol was away on vacation.
5. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
(a) He spits on him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He throws a drink on him.
(d) He throws him out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Karol when his wife died?
2. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
3. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
4. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
5. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
2. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
3. What does Paul's willingness to go to the McKoy dig site signify to Rachel?
4. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
5. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
6. How do Rachel and Paul differ in their views about continuing on with the investigation?
7. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
8. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
9. How do Suzanne and Knoll get killed?
10. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)