|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Knoll as Chapter 21 begins?
(a) Rachel's office.
(c) The art museum.
(d) His hotel.
2. What is the name of the concentration camp where the prisoners are held?
(c) Bergen Belsen.
3. In what city did Knoll grow up?
4. What is Rachel not looking forward to this year?
(a) Campaigning for Judge.
(b) Planning a wedding for her daughter.
(c) Packing to move to a new house.
(d) Having back surgery.
5. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
(a) Treasure maps.
(b) Rare coins.
(c) A Faberge match case.
(d) A jewel collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #57 want to see Karol?
2. How does Paul feel about Rachel?
3. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
4. How does Rachel meet Christian Knoll?
5. The Amber Room was commissioned in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
2. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
3. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
4. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
5. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
6. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
7. What was the history of the creation of The Amber Room?
8. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
9. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
10. What is the McKoy exhibition?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)