|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
(a) To see images of stolen Faberge eggs.
(b) To store photos of his jewel collection.
(c) To document that the match case is back in Russia.
(d) To learn about the next item he must steal.
2. How will Loring insure that Monika and Fellner will not discover The Amber Room first?
(a) He hires a private detective.
(b) He seduces Monika.
(c) He has Knoll shot.
(d) He sends Suzanne to keep an eye on Knoll.
3. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
4. Who is the man in the judge's name change case?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her fiance.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
5. Where does Knoll offer to take Rachel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knoll notice about Suzanne at the airport?
2. How does Knoll kill Karol?
3. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
5. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
2. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
3. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
4. What is the McKoy exhibition?
5. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
6. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
7. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
8. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
9. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
10. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)