|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
(a) a city tour.
(c) morning coffee.
(d) get a glass of wine.
2. What is Franz Fellner's profession?
(c) Art collector.
3. The palace in #51 was turned into a museum in what year?
4. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
(a) Her birth mother.
(c) Her best friend from college.
(d) Her son.
5. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
2. Whose surprise visit frightens Karol?
3. What did the Nazis do with the amber panels?
4. How will Loring insure that Monika and Fellner will not discover The Amber Room first?
5. Who is the owner of the chateau who Knoll kills?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Wayland and Grumer so charming in dealing with the investors?
2. How does Paul's character begin to show more depth?
3. What is revealed about Grumer's true identity?
4. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
5. What power is Suzanne able to wield over Knoll?
6. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
7. How does the novel end for the Cutlers?
8. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
9. What do Loring and Suzanne reveal to Monika and Fellner regarding the disposition of The Amber Room?
10. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)