|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
(a) It was too dark.
(b) People could hide in shadows.
(c) The officers are relaxing.
(d) The gas chambers had to be aired out.
2. How did Paul's parents die?
(a) An airline crash.
(b) Terminal illness.
(c) A car accident.
(d) An intruder shot them.
3. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) White Russian Palace.
(b) Neuschwanstein Palace.
(c) Charlottenburg Palace.
(d) Winter Palace.
4. What is the yantarnaya komnata?
(a) A martini.
(b) The secret road map.
(c) Russian currency.
(d) The Amber Room.
5. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Four volunteers.
(b) No talking.
(d) Lights out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knoll learn about Rachel from her secretary?
2. Why is Fellner upset with Knoll?
3. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
4. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
5. How does Knoll kill Karol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
2. How does Knoll learn that Rachel is going to Germany?
3. Describe Rachel Cutler's personality and demeanor.
4. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
5. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
6. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
7. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
8. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
9. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
10. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)