|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(b) Lights out.
(c) No talking.
(d) Four volunteers.
2. What did Knoll's father instill in him?
(a) Love for music.
3. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
(a) He spits on him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He throws a drink on him.
(d) He throws him out of the house.
4. What does Monika warn Knoll about?
(a) Asking too many questions.
(b) Using his credit card.
(c) Staying in the U.S. too long.
(d) Not killing Rachel.
5. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
(b) Karol's letters.
(c) Airline ticket.
(d) Money order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Karol Broya?
2. Knoll's father was a fervent member of __________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
4. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
5. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knoll learn that Rachel is going to Germany?
2. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
3. What was the final disposition of The Amber Room and other collections of Soviet art?
4. Describe the encounter between Knoll and Suzanne at the dig site.
5. What information does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll about The Amber Room and why is he so forthcoming?
6. How do Loring and Suzanne eliminate Fellner and Monika from the search for The Amber Room?
7. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
8. What is the string of deaths related to The Amber Room since 1957 and what does Fellner give Knoll permission to do now?
9. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
10. How does the author show that Knoll was behind the taxi accident that almost killed Rachel?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)