|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Karol in the present day?
2. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Lights out.
(b) No talking.
(d) Four volunteers.
3. Who is Danya's grandson?
4. What does Knoll learn about Rachel from her secretary?
(a) She has a doctor's appointment today.
(b) Her birthday is next week.
(c) She has changed childcare providers.
(d) She is going to Munich tomorrow.
5. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
(a) The women.
(b) The killing.
(c) The hours.
(d) The stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
2. How does Rachel meet Christian Knoll?
3. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
4. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
5. How did the Russians try to hide the panels from The Amber Room from the Nazis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
2. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
3. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
4. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
5. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
6. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
7. What is the McKoy exhibition?
8. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
9. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
10. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)