|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel's ex-husband?
(a) Harold Cutler.
(b) Paul Cutler.
(c) James Bryson.
(d) Max Stringfield.
2. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
(a) A Russian rifle.
(b) A rare book.
(c) A Faberge egg.
(d) A snuffbox.
3. Where is Knoll as Chapter 21 begins?
(a) The art museum.
(b) Rachel's office.
(c) His hotel.
4. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
5. Which lawyer does Rachel reprimand after a court session?
(a) Madison Sloane.
(b) P.J. Boatwright.
(c) T. Marcus Nettles.
(d) J.J. Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the four German soldiers?
2. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
3. Why does the person in #57 want to see Karol?
4. Karol thinks it is his fault that ________________________ are dead.
5. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what takes place in the mine with Rachel, Knoll and Suzanne.
2. Describe the flirtatious interaction between Knoll and Rachel as they make their way to Danya's house.
3. What is the purpose of the meeting between Margarethe (Suzanne) and Grumer?
4. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
5. What distracts Paul's attention during the meeting in the mine?
6. What does Pannik reveal to Paul and Rachel regarding explosions in the cave?
7. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
8. What literary devices does the author use to indicate the dialogue and views of the different characters?
9. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
10. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)