|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name does Nettles call Rachel?
(a) Ice Queen.
(b) Bench Bitch.
(c) Queen of Pain.
(d) Pudgy Judgey.
2. What did the Nazis do with the amber panels?
(a) Put them in a German castle.
(b) Tried to recreate them.
(c) Put them in storage.
(d) Destroyed them.
3. How does Rachel meet Christian Knoll?
(a) They check into the hotel at the same time.
(b) He pulls her out of the way of the taxi.
(c) They sit by each other on the plane.
(d) They are having dinner at the same restaurant.
4. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
(a) To give them work orders.
(b) To kill them.
(c) To torture them.
(d) To free them.
5. What does Fellner that he wants to do before he retires?
(a) Grow his business even more.
(b) See his daughter married.
(c) Find the Amber Room.
(d) Train Knoll to take over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lawyer does Rachel reprimand after a court session?
2. Who is the wealthy contractor who is going to search the tunnels built by the Nazis?
3. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
4. What is the name of the concentration camp where the prisoners are held?
5. What baffles Rachel and Paul about Karol's letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
2. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
3. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
4. Where does Rachel discover her father's body?
5. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
6. What is the content of the letters between Karol and Danya?
7. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
8. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
9. Who is Monika Fellner and what is her relationship with Knoll?
10. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)