|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
(a) Her birth mother.
(b) Her best friend from college.
(c) Her son.
2. What does Rachel tell Knoll about why she is in Germany?
(a) She wants to study German culture.
(b) She wants to find information on The Amber Room.
(c) She is on a business trip.
(d) She is doing research for a family tree project.
3. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
(a) She trips over an uneven sidewalk.
(b) She drops her cell phone into a sidewalk grate.
(c) She is almost hit by a taxi.
(d) She is mugged.
4. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
(b) a city tour.
(c) get a glass of wine.
(d) morning coffee.
5. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Four volunteers.
(b) Lights out.
(c) No talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
2. What does Monika warn Knoll about?
3. Why does Rachel suddenly want to go to Germany?
4. Where does Paul have a meeting with a reporter?
5. Whose surprise visit frightens Karol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the McKoy exhibition?
2. What are the circumstances under which Rachel meets Knoll?
3. What are Rachel's perceptions of Knoll after talking with him?
4. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
5. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
6. Who is Suzanne and what does her employer, Loring, want to find before Fellner and Monika do?
7. Why does Paul book a flight to Germany?
8. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
9. How did the Russians attempt to keep The Amber Room from falling into the hands of the Nazis?
10. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)