|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
(a) the location of art stolen by the Nazis.
(b) Hitler's family members.
(c) the Holocaust.
(d) German weapons plants.
2. Karol thinks it is his fault that ________________________ are dead.
(a) Yancy and Maureen Cutler.
(b) the FBI agents.
(c) his brothers.
(d) the museum guards.
3. Karol was concerned because the _____________ was asking questions about The Amber Room.
(d) Scotland Yard.
4. Who is Rachel's ex-husband?
(a) Max Stringfield.
(b) Harold Cutler.
(c) Paul Cutler.
(d) James Bryson.
5. Who commissioned The Amber Room?
(a) Empress Catherine of Russia.
(b) Alexander I of Russia.
(c) Czar Nicolas II of Russia.
(d) Frederick I of Prussia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knoll quickly buys an airline ticket to which city?
2. Who is Knoll's employer?
3. Who is disguised and waiting for Knoll at Rachel's office?
4. For whom does Suzanne Danzer work?
5. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
2. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
3. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
4. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
5. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
6. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
7. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
8. Describe Rachel Cutler's personality and demeanor.
9. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
10. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)