|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Paul's parents die?
(a) An intruder shot them.
(b) Terminal illness.
(c) An airline crash.
(d) A car accident.
2. Why does Rachel suddenly want to go to Germany?
(a) To study culinary arts.
(b) To find Danya.
(c) To go skiing.
(d) To hike.
3. Christian Knoll lives in a castle called ___________________.
(a) Burg Hertz.
(b) Burg Belsen.
(c) Burg Schweppes.
(d) Burg Garden.
4. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
(a) He throws him out of the house.
(b) He spits on him.
(c) He slaps him.
(d) He throws a drink on him.
5. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Lights out.
(c) No talking.
(d) Four volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
2. Whose surprise visit frightens Karol?
3. What does Fellner that he wants to do before he retires?
4. Where are Karol's will and important papers found?
5. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Fellner would like to find before he retires and what is the new lead to find it?
2. How is Suzanne able to manipulate Paul into giving her information?
3. How does the author reveal about who had killed Paul's parents?
4. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
5. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
6. What were conditions like for Karol at the concentration camp?
7. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
8. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
9. Who is Christian Knoll and what is he doing in Italy in Chapter 7?
10. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)