|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. How old was Karol when his wife died?
3. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
(a) It was too dark.
(b) People could hide in shadows.
(c) The officers are relaxing.
(d) The gas chambers had to be aired out.
4. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
(a) She is almost hit by a taxi.
(b) She trips over an uneven sidewalk.
(c) She drops her cell phone into a sidewalk grate.
(d) She is mugged.
5. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
(a) Asks the operator to break into her phone call.
(b) Calls the Munich police.
(c) Books a flight to Munich.
(d) Hires a private detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commissioned The Amber Room?
2. Karol was concerned because the _____________ was asking questions about The Amber Room.
3. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
4. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
5. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the McKoy exhibition?
2. Summarize the story of "The Amber Room".
3. What information does Paul reveal to Suzanne about Rachel?
4. What is revealed about Paul's parents while he is talking to a reporter at the museum?
5. Who is Christian Knoll and how did he come to work for Franz Fellner?
6. Who is Rachel Cutler, what is her profession and where does she live?
7. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
8. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
9. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
10. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)