|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karol was concerned because the _____________ was asking questions about The Amber Room.
(d) Scotland Yard.
2. Who is disguised and waiting for Knoll at Rachel's office?
3. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
(a) She drops her cell phone into a sidewalk grate.
(b) She trips over an uneven sidewalk.
(c) She is almost hit by a taxi.
(d) She is mugged.
4. How did Paul's parents die?
(a) An intruder shot them.
(b) Terminal illness.
(c) An airline crash.
(d) A car accident.
5. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) Neuschwanstein Palace.
(b) White Russian Palace.
(c) Charlottenburg Palace.
(d) Winter Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
2. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
3. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
4. In what year were the panels of The Amber Room packed up and stored away?
5. What is Rachel Cutler's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Rachel want to go to Germany so suddenly?
2. What is the McKoy exhibition?
3. Why is the name change case so poignant for Rachel?
4. What happened to The Amber Room under Hitler's orders?
5. Why does Knoll kill Karol?
6. What is the Extraordinary State Commission on the Registration and Investigation of the Crimes of the Fascist German Occupiers?
7. What is the current state of the relationship between Paul and Rachel?
8. Who is Karol Broya, and what are his circumstances as the novel opens?
9. How accurate are Steve Berry's descriptions of the concentration camp?
10. What does Karol hear about on the news program which will be the focus of this book?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)