|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Suzanne and Loring think about Knoll?
(a) He set off the explosion.
(b) He is trapped in the mine.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He escaped the mine explosion.
2. Where had Loring's father found The Amber Room?
3. What does Paul notice during the meeting with the investors?
(a) A man in the back taking notes.
(b) A blonde woman peeks into the meeting.
(c) The lights in the room flickered.
(d) It is getting very cold in the room.
4. Goring and Hitler had competed with each other to __________________________.
(a) establish private schools.
(b) build the biggest army.
(c) build more concert halls.
(d) create great museums in their respective hometowns.
5. What does Fritz inform Rachel and Paul about regarding the mine?
(a) There was an explosion today and two years ago.
(b) It is the most prolific mine if Germany.
(c) Men were buried alive in their fifty years ago.
(d) The mine is a network of explosives.
6. The group is unsure of whose interest in The Amber Room?
7. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
(a) He loses his miner's helmet.
(b) His flashlight battery dies.
(c) It is empty.
(d) His stash of treasures has been stolen.
8. Where are Knoll and Rachel headed in Chapter 27?
(a) A city tour.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Danya's house.
(d) A museum.
9. What did Margarethe want to know about the excavation?
(a) If the pieces were signed by the artist.
(b) If there were any Rembrandt paintings in the group.
(c) If anything predated 1945.
(d) If the storage units has the Nazi swastika on them.
10. Which of the following does Suzanne NOT promise Knoll after he catches up to her?
(a) She will tell him the location of The Amber Room.
(b) She promises to sleep with him.
(c) She calls a truce.
(d) She promises to tell him everything.
11. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
(d) The lights.
12. Who has been murdered?
13. What is Wayland McKoy's current business in Germany?
(a) Technology installations.
(b) Banking and investing.
(c) Excavating caves for treasure.
(d) Microbiology research.
14. Paul hears that there has been a murder at ____________________.
(a) Rachel's hotel.
(b) a museum.
(c) a church.
(d) Danya's house.
15. Who is Julius?
(a) Suzanne's father.
(b) Rachel's grandfather.
(c) Danya's grandson.
(d) Karol's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Danya know who Rachel is?
2. What does Fritz assure Paul of?
3. What is the setting for Chapter 45?
4. Which of the following did McKoy NOT do with the money from investors?
5. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)