|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McKoy tells Paul and Rachel that the chamber was robbed _______________.
(b) during the war.
(d) prior to the war.
2. What is the setting for Chapter 45?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A theater.
(c) The abbey.
(d) The mine.
3. Whose presence does Knoll sense behind him as he enters the cave?
4. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
(a) Karol's letters.
(b) An auction house catalog.
(c) A transcript of a phone conversation.
(d) McKoy's letters to investors.
5. Who is McKoy's employee in the cave at the same time as McKoy, Paul and Rachel?
(a) Herr Doctor Heinrich Mueller.
(b) Herr Doctor Alex Koenig.
(c) Herr Doctor Alfred Grumer.
(d) Specialist Andre La Croix.
6. Where is Paul keeping the letters and wallet found in the cave?
(a) In the hotel safe.
(b) Under the false bottom of his briefcase.
(c) Taped to his body.
(d) In a safe deposit box.
7. What does Knoll throw at the person in #145?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A torch.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stiletto.
8. What do Paul, Rachel and McKoy see when they enter the cave?
(a) 4 trucks and 8 dead bodies.
(b) 4 trucks and 4 dead bodies.
(c) 1 truck and 2 dead bodies.
(d) 4 trucks and 2 dead bodies.
9. Why has Paul not told McKoy yet about Grumer?
(a) He doesn't know if he can trust McKoy.
(b) He needs more facts first.
(c) He thinks Rachel will be mad.
(d) He's trying not to get involved.
10. Until now, what had never happened among the Retrievers of Lost Antiques?
(a) There had never been a secret told.
(b) There had never been a newsletter.
(c) There had never been a president.
(d) There had been no killing attempts.
11. How were the people in the mine killed?
(a) Gunshot wounds.
12. Which of the following does Suzanne NOT promise Knoll after he catches up to her?
(a) She calls a truce.
(b) She promises to tell him everything.
(c) She will tell him the location of The Amber Room.
(d) She promises to sleep with him.
13. What do Suzanne and Grumer find after searching the Cutlers' hotel room?
(a) A map.
(b) Karol's letters.
14. What does Paul notice in the sand and picks up before anyone notices?
(a) A matchbook.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A flashlight.
15. Where is Paul lurking at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) Loring Castle.
(b) The airport.
(c) The mine.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed aboard a jet crash?
2. How does Rachel feel about Knoll?
3. Who has been murdered?
4. Fritz is notified about the explosion at the mine and that Rachel is _____________________.
5. Loring's father provided sub par __________________ to the Nazis.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)