|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is McKoy so angry as he moves further into the cave?
(a) He loses his miner's helmet.
(b) It is empty.
(c) His flashlight battery dies.
(d) His stash of treasures has been stolen.
2. Grumer assumes that Margarethe works for whom?
3. What did Margarethe want to know about the excavation?
(a) If there were any Rembrandt paintings in the group.
(b) If anything predated 1945.
(c) If the pieces were signed by the artist.
(d) If the storage units has the Nazi swastika on them.
4. How much money had McKoy promised his investors regardless of whether or not he found an art fortune?
5. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
(a) She shoots him.
(b) She gives him sleeping pills.
(c) She kicks him in the crotch.
(d) She stabs him.
6. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
(a) McKoy's letters to investors.
(b) An auction house catalog.
(c) Karol's letters.
(d) A transcript of a phone conversation.
7. Who had wanted The Amber Room more than Hitler did?
8. What doe Suzanne and Loring think about Knoll?
(a) He is trapped in the mine.
(b) He set off the explosion.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He escaped the mine explosion.
9. How were the people in the mine killed?
(a) Gunshot wounds.
10. What does Paul notice in the sand and picks up before anyone notices?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A matchbook.
(d) A cell phone.
11. Where are Knoll and Rachel headed in Chapter 27?
(a) Danya's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A city tour.
(d) A museum.
12. Who has been murdered?
13. How much is Suzanne willing to pay for information about The Amber Room?
(a) One million euros.
(b) Fifteen million euros.
(c) Twenty five million euros.
(d) Five million euros.
14. Who did Loring use to restore The Amber Room?
(a) Imprisoned craftsmen.
(b) Art students.
(c) University interns.
(d) French museum curators.
15. Where is Paul keeping the letters and wallet found in the cave?
(a) Taped to his body.
(b) In a safe deposit box.
(c) In the hotel safe.
(d) Under the false bottom of his briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Loring NOT say he is leaving to Suzanne?
2. What does Paul finally tell McKoy?
3. Who does Rachel convince Paul into seeing before they head back to Atlanta?
4. McKoy tells Paul and Rachel that the chamber was robbed _______________.
5. Knoll overhears several castle employees discussing _______________________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)