|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Rachel's thoughts after escaping the mine explosion?
(a) She wants to re-marry Paul.
(b) She wants to return home immediately.
(c) She wants to talk to her children.
(d) She wants to continue her search for The Amber Room.
2. What do Paul and Rachel examine in Chapter 41?
(a) Karol's letters.
(b) A transcript of a phone conversation.
(c) An auction house catalog.
(d) McKoy's letters to investors.
3. How does Knoll threaten Rachel?
(a) He will kill her if she doesn't leave Germany.
(b) He has ordered someone to kidnap her children if she doesn't leave Germany.
(c) He doesn't threaten her.
(d) He will kill Paul if she doesn't leave Germany.
4. What does Loring show his guests during dinner?
(a) Vintage wine.
(b) Hitler's crystal goblets.
(c) Antique pistols.
(d) Pieces of amber.
5. Goring and Hitler had competed with each other to __________________________.
(a) establish private schools.
(b) build more concert halls.
(c) build the biggest army.
(d) create great museums in their respective hometowns.
6. How does Suzanne get away from Knoll?
(a) She stabs him.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She gives him sleeping pills.
(d) She kicks him in the crotch.
7. How many of McKoy's investors have traveled to Germany to hear the outcome of the dig?
8. What is the setting for Chapter 45?
(a) A theater.
(b) The abbey.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The mine.
9. Who does Rachel convince Paul into seeing before they head back to Atlanta?
(a) Hubert Heinrich.
(b) Wayland McKoy.
(c) Fritz Pannik.
(d) Franz Fellner.
10. Knoll and Suzanne are both called __________________.
11. What does Danya give to Rachel and Knoll before they leave his house?
(b) A map.
(c) A code.
12. Which of the following does Knoll NOT purchase at Warthberg?
(c) SPF lotion.
13. What does Paul notice in the sand and picks up before anyone notices?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A matchbook.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A cell phone.
14. Who kills Grumer?
15. What does the person in #145 shoot at in the cave?
(a) The lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Knoll sense behind him as he enters the cave?
2. Until now, what had never happened among the Retrievers of Lost Antiques?
3. Who has been murdered?
4. Which of the following has NOT been some of the people killed in search of The Amber Room?
5. Which of the following does Loring NOT say he is leaving to Suzanne?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)