|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissioned The Amber Room?
(a) Alexander I of Russia.
(b) Empress Catherine of Russia.
(c) Czar Nicolas II of Russia.
(d) Frederick I of Prussia.
2. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
(a) morning coffee.
(c) get a glass of wine.
(d) a city tour.
3. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) Charlottenburg Palace.
(b) Winter Palace.
(c) White Russian Palace.
(d) Neuschwanstein Palace.
4. How did Paul's parents die?
(a) Terminal illness.
(b) A car accident.
(c) An airline crash.
(d) An intruder shot them.
5. In what year were the panels of The Amber Room packed up and stored away?
6. Karol's grandchildren are Brent and ______________.
7. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
(a) It was too dark.
(b) People could hide in shadows.
(c) The gas chambers had to be aired out.
(d) The officers are relaxing.
8. What does Monika warn Knoll about?
(a) Using his credit card.
(b) Asking too many questions.
(c) Staying in the U.S. too long.
(d) Not killing Rachel.
9. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
10. Who does Rachel ask to handle her father's estate?
11. Who is Knoll's employer?
(a) Erik Schwartz.
(b) Hermann Schmidt.
(c) Franz Fellner.
(d) Henry Mueller.
12. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
(a) He could not find the address.
(b) Karol was away on vacation.
(c) Karol had died.
(d) Karol was in the hospital.
13. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
14. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
15. In what year was The Amber Room finally completed?
Short Answer Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
3. How is Karol identified in the concentration camp?
4. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
5. In what city did Knoll grow up?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)