|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul feel about Rachel?
(a) He tolerates her.
(b) He still loves her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He respects her as a judge.
2. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
3. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
(a) morning coffee.
(c) a city tour.
(d) get a glass of wine.
4. Karol's grandchildren are Brent and ______________.
5. Why does Rachel suddenly want to go to Germany?
(a) To hike.
(b) To go skiing.
(c) To find Danya.
(d) To study culinary arts.
6. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
(a) the Holocaust.
(b) the location of art stolen by the Nazis.
(c) German weapons plants.
(d) Hitler's family members.
7. Who is the owner of the chateau who Knoll kills?
(a) Signor Pietro Giovanni.
(b) Signor Antonio Milano.
(c) Signor Gianni Caproni.
(d) Signor Pietro Caproni.
8. What had the man in #27 found when he went exploring in the Heimkehl Caverns in Germany?
(a) Cars and paintings.
(c) The Amber Room.
(d) Secret document.
9. Why did killings not usually occur at night in the concentration camp?
(a) People could hide in shadows.
(b) The gas chambers had to be aired out.
(c) The officers are relaxing.
(d) It was too dark.
10. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
11. Who is the Nazi officer who comes into the courtyard?
(a) Hermann Goering.
(b) Josef Mengele.
(c) Albert Speer.
(d) Heinrich Himmler.
12. How is Karol identified in the concentration camp?
(a) By his initials.
(b) He has no identification.
(c) By a number.
(d) By his last name.
13. Why does the person in #57 want to see Karol?
(a) To blackmail him.
(b) To reminisce about days in the army.
(c) To ask about The Amber Room.
(d) To contribute to Rachel's campaign fund.
14. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
(a) Sergeant Schwimmer.
(b) Sergeant Humer.
(c) Captain Schwartz.
(d) Lieutenant Nyberg.
15. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) White Russian Palace.
(b) Neuschwanstein Palace.
(c) Winter Palace.
(d) Charlottenburg Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monika warn Knoll about?
2. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
3. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
4. In what city did Knoll grow up?
5. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)