Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A collection of letters is found which had been written and sent between Karol and ______________.
2. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
(a) To kill them.
(b) To give them work orders.
(c) To free them.
(d) To torture them.
3. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
4. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
(a) Karol was in the hospital.
(b) He could not find the address.
(c) Karol had died.
(d) Karol was away on vacation.
5. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
(a) He spits on him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He throws a drink on him.
(d) He throws him out of the house.
6. How old was Karol when his wife died?
7. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
8. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Four volunteers.
(b) No talking.
(d) Lights out.
9. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
10. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
(a) To see images of stolen Faberge eggs.
(b) To learn about the next item he must steal.
(c) To store photos of his jewel collection.
(d) To document that the match case is back in Russia.
11. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
(a) Money order.
(b) Karol's letters.
(c) Airline ticket.
12. What is Rachel not looking forward to this year?
(a) Packing to move to a new house.
(b) Planning a wedding for her daughter.
(c) Campaigning for Judge.
(d) Having back surgery.
13. How did Paul's parents die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Terminal illness.
(c) An intruder shot them.
(d) An airline crash.
14. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
(a) She is adopted.
(b) He hopes she gets back together with Paul.
(c) He apologizes for Yancy and Maureen's deaths.
(d) He begs her to never go looking for The Amber Room.
15. What derogatory name does Nettles call Rachel?
(a) Ice Queen.
(b) Pudgy Judgey.
(c) Bench Bitch.
(d) Queen of Pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Knoll pay the taxi driver for scaring Rachel with his car?
2. What does Knoll admit to Rachel?
3. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
4. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
5. Karol thinks it is his fault that ________________________ are dead.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)