|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
(a) A jewel collection.
(b) A Faberge match case.
(c) Rare coins.
(d) Treasure maps.
2. The man's name is changed from Karl to ______________.
3. The Amber Room was commissioned in what year?
4. Karol's grandchildren are Brent and ______________.
5. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
(a) To kill them.
(b) To free them.
(c) To torture them.
(d) To give them work orders.
6. Who commissioned The Amber Room?
(a) Czar Nicolas II of Russia.
(b) Alexander I of Russia.
(c) Frederick I of Prussia.
(d) Empress Catherine of Russia.
7. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
(a) Books a flight to Munich.
(b) Asks the operator to break into her phone call.
(c) Calls the Munich police.
(d) Hires a private detective.
8. Knoll quickly buys an airline ticket to which city?
9. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
10. Knoll invites Rachel to ______________________.
(a) morning coffee.
(b) get a glass of wine.
(c) a city tour.
11. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
(a) German weapons plants.
(b) Hitler's family members.
(c) the location of art stolen by the Nazis.
(d) the Holocaust.
12. Which of the following does Knoll NOT like about his job?
(a) The killing.
(b) The stealing.
(c) The women.
(d) The hours.
13. What does Paul warn Rachel that Nettles has decided to do?
(a) Ruin her reputation through a PR campaign.
(b) Back the candidates running against her.
(c) Appeal her decision on his case.
(d) Report her to the ABA.
14. Where is Knoll as Chapter 21 begins?
(a) The art museum.
(b) Rachel's office.
(c) His hotel.
15. In what city does the present day activity take place in Part 1: Chapter 1?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suzanne get Paul to give up information?
2. What does Knoll admit to Rachel?
3. What baffles Rachel and Paul about Karol's letters?
4. What does Karol do that infuriates Knoll?
5. Who picks up Karol's grandchildren at the house?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)