|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
(a) A jewel collection.
(b) Rare coins.
(c) A Faberge match case.
(d) Treasure maps.
2. What did Knoll's father instill in him?
(a) Love for music.
3. How old was Karol when his wife died?
4. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
(a) A snuffbox.
(b) A Faberge egg.
(c) A Russian rifle.
(d) A rare book.
5. Who is the leader of the four German soldiers?
6. In what city does the present day activity take place in Part 1: Chapter 1?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
7. What is Rachel Cutler's profession?
8. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
9. What information does the man in #10 want from the prisoners?
(a) The names of those who attempted to kill Hitler.
(b) The location of American troops.
(c) The location of the Amber Room.
(d) The identification of Russian spies.
10. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) White Russian Palace.
(b) Winter Palace.
(c) Charlottenburg Palace.
(d) Neuschwanstein Palace.
11. What does the officer in #3 demand in the barracks?
(a) Lights out.
(b) Four volunteers.
(d) No talking.
12. In Chapter 7, where is Christian Knoll when he breaks into a chateau?
13. How did the Russians try to hide the panels from The Amber Room from the Nazis?
(a) They stored them in secret hallways.
(b) They painted them.
(c) They covered them with wallpaper.
(d) They covered them with other walls.
14. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
(a) Airline ticket.
(c) Karol's letters.
(d) Money order.
15. How does Rachel meet Christian Knoll?
(a) They sit by each other on the plane.
(b) He pulls her out of the way of the taxi.
(c) They are having dinner at the same restaurant.
(d) They check into the hotel at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wealthy contractor who is going to search the tunnels built by the Nazis?
2. Where does Rachel find her father's dead body?
3. Who is Danya's grandson?
4. Karol's grandchildren are Brent and ______________.
5. Whose surprise visit frightens Karol?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)