|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
(a) To free them.
(b) To torture them.
(c) To kill them.
(d) To give them work orders.
2. Who does Rachel tell Knoll she wants to find in Germany?
(a) Her best friend from college.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her birth mother.
3. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
4. How long has Karol lived in Fulton County, Georgia?
(a) 65 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 40 years.
5. Who is the officer who enters the barracks one night?
(a) Captain Schwartz.
(b) Lieutenant Nyberg.
(c) Sergeant Humer.
(d) Sergeant Schwimmer.
6. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
(a) A Faberge egg.
(b) A Russian rifle.
(c) A snuffbox.
(d) A rare book.
7. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
(a) Goes shopping.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Makes phone calls.
8. What baffles Rachel and Paul about Karol's letters?
(a) They were all written in code.
(b) Why he never told Rachel she was adopted.
(c) Why he felt responsible for Paul's parents' deaths.
(d) Why he never told Rachel that her mother was his second wife.
9. What are the four men given as they are led from the barracks?
(d) Wool coats.
10. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
(a) Calls the Munich police.
(b) Books a flight to Munich.
(c) Hires a private detective.
(d) Asks the operator to break into her phone call.
11. Who does Rachel ask to handle her father's estate?
12. What is Rachel Cutler's profession?
13. What derogatory name does Nettles call Rachel?
(a) Pudgy Judgey.
(b) Bench Bitch.
(c) Ice Queen.
(d) Queen of Pain.
14. What does Monika warn Knoll about?
(a) Not killing Rachel.
(b) Using his credit card.
(c) Staying in the U.S. too long.
(d) Asking too many questions.
15. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
(a) To see images of stolen Faberge eggs.
(b) To store photos of his jewel collection.
(c) To document that the match case is back in Russia.
(d) To learn about the next item he must steal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
2. What had the man in #27 found when he went exploring in the Heimkehl Caverns in Germany?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
4. What happens to Rachel as she walks back to her hotel room after dinner?
5. What does Paul give to Suzanne?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)