|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
(a) He begs her to never go looking for The Amber Room.
(b) He apologizes for Yancy and Maureen's deaths.
(c) She is adopted.
(d) He hopes she gets back together with Paul.
2. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
(a) Makes phone calls.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Goes shopping.
3. Who is the Nazi officer who comes into the courtyard?
(a) Josef Mengele.
(b) Heinrich Himmler.
(c) Albert Speer.
(d) Hermann Goering.
4. Karol thinks it is his fault that ________________________ are dead.
(a) Yancy and Maureen Cutler.
(b) the FBI agents.
(c) the museum guards.
(d) his brothers.
5. Paul's parents had been generous benefactors to __________________.
(a) the children's hospital.
(b) the aviation museum.
(c) the art museum.
(d) homeless shelters.
6. How long has Karol lived in Fulton County, Georgia?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 65 years.
7. Who does Knoll notice when she gets on the plane?
8. What is the nickname given to Karol by his fellow prisoners?
9. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
(a) Asks the operator to break into her phone call.
(b) Hires a private detective.
(c) Books a flight to Munich.
(d) Calls the Munich police.
10. What did Knoll's father instill in him?
(b) Love for music.
11. What subject catches Karol's attention on the TV news?
(a) The president's visit.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) Political funding violations.
(d) The Amber Room.
12. Who is Knoll's employer?
(a) Hermann Schmidt.
(b) Henry Mueller.
(c) Franz Fellner.
(d) Erik Schwartz.
13. For which palace was The Amber Room commissioned?
(a) Charlottenburg Palace.
(b) Winter Palace.
(c) White Russian Palace.
(d) Neuschwanstein Palace.
14. Why does Knoll say he was not able to speak to Rachel's father, Karol, when Knoll arrived in Atlanta?
(a) Karol was in the hospital.
(b) He could not find the address.
(c) Karol had died.
(d) Karol was away on vacation.
15. How does Suzanne get Paul to give up information?
(a) She tells him that his children have been kidnapped.
(b) She tells him that she is with the FBI.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She tells him that Rachel is in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the man in #10 want from the prisoners?
2. What does Fellner that he wants to do before he retires?
3. What is Rachel Cutler's profession?
4. Why do the prisoners think the officer has come?
5. Where does Paul have a meeting with a reporter?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)