|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, the Russian government employed thousands of people to investigate ________________________.
(a) the Holocaust.
(b) the location of art stolen by the Nazis.
(c) German weapons plants.
(d) Hitler's family members.
2. Why does Knoll return to the records depository in Russia?
(a) To see images of stolen Faberge eggs.
(b) To document that the match case is back in Russia.
(c) To store photos of his jewel collection.
(d) To learn about the next item he must steal.
3. Who is Rachel's ex-husband?
(a) Harold Cutler.
(b) Max Stringfield.
(c) James Bryson.
(d) Paul Cutler.
4. Where does Rachel find her father's dead body?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) At the bottom of the stairs.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In his bed.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Karol tells Rachel in a letter?
(a) She is adopted.
(b) He begs her to never go looking for The Amber Room.
(c) He hopes she gets back together with Paul.
(d) He apologizes for Yancy and Maureen's deaths.
6. Who picks up Karol's grandchildren at the house?
7. What does Knoll learn about Rachel from her secretary?
(a) She has a doctor's appointment today.
(b) Her birthday is next week.
(c) She has changed childcare providers.
(d) She is going to Munich tomorrow.
8. In what city does the present day activity take place in Part 1: Chapter 1?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
9. What nationality is Karol Broya?
10. Why does the person in #57 want to see Karol?
(a) To reminisce about days in the army.
(b) To blackmail him.
(c) To contribute to Rachel's campaign fund.
(d) To ask about The Amber Room.
11. What did Knoll's father instill in him?
(d) Love for music.
12. How does Paul feel about Rachel?
(a) He tolerates her.
(b) He still loves her.
(c) He respects her as a judge.
(d) He hates her.
13. What is Knoll trying to steal from the chateau?
(a) Rare coins.
(b) A Faberge match case.
(c) Treasure maps.
(d) A jewel collection.
14. What is the first thing Rachel does when she arrives in Munich?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Goes shopping.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Makes phone calls.
15. What has Suzanne stolen for her employer?
(a) A rare book.
(b) A snuffbox.
(c) A Faberge egg.
(d) A Russian rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planted the bomb on the Italian plane in which Paul's parents were killed?
2. Knoll notices that _______________ has been following him as he makes his way back to his hotel.
3. What does Paul do because he is worried about Rachel?
4. Which lawyer does Rachel reprimand after a court session?
5. What is the name of the concentration camp where the prisoners are held?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)