|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
2. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
3. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
4. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
5. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why perseverance was necessary to succeed in rowing.
Essay Topic 2
Other oarsmen called Paul Enquist Paul "Zenquist". Discuss why Enquist was nicknamed Paul "Zenquist".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the Americans boycotted the 1980 summer Olympics and how the rowers reacted to this boycott. Wood was quoted as saying that he had to force himself to keep rowing. Discuss why and how Wood would force himself to continue rowing.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)