|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
2. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
3. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
4. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
5. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
2. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
3. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
4. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
5. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
8. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
9. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
10. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the Soviets and East Germans pulled out of the 1984 Olympics and how that affected rowing for the Americans.
Essay Topic 2
The eastern and western rowing coaches had different coaching styles. Discuss the coaching styles of the eastern and western coaches, and why Biglow felt caught between the two styles of coaching.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bouscaren, Biglow, Lewis, and Wood had different feelings about rowing after the Olympics, and why each man did or did not decide to continue rowing.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)