|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
2. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
3. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
4. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
5. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
2. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
3. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
6. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
7. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
8. Why was Enquist upset with Lewis after they won the challenge boat at Princeton?
9. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
10. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the notoriety and funding that most Olympic hopefuls received compared to what Olympic rowers received and why these disparities existed.
Essay Topic 2
Biglow had two coaches who were strong influences in his rowing career. Compare the relationship that Biglow had with his coaches: Frank Cunningham and Tony Johnson.
Essay Topic 3
Because of his background, Biglow seemed different from his college classmates. Discuss how Biglow was different from his teammates and classmates.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)