|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
2. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
3. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
4. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
5. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
Essay Topic 1
Lewis created his own training devices and used some inventive methods to improve his rowing. Discuss why he created his own training devices and what some of these inventive methods and creative training devices were that he used to improve his rowing.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Bouscaren, Biglow, Lewis, and Wood had different feelings about rowing after the Olympics, and why each man did or did not decide to continue rowing.
Essay Topic 3
Because of the competitive nature of rowing, there were many conflicts between rowers. Discuss events that caused conflict in the book, whether the conflict was resolved, and how the conflict affected various individuals.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)