|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
2. Where did Enquist go to college?
3. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
4. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
5. Where was Gary Reid from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
2. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
3. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
4. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
5. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
6. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
9. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
10. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Other oarsmen called Paul Enquist Paul "Zenquist". Discuss why Enquist was nicknamed Paul "Zenquist".
Essay Topic 2
Parker was troubled by the coaching he had given Lewis. Discuss how Parker coached Lewis and why he was troubled by the coaching he gave Lewis.
Essay Topic 3
Athletes in sports other than rowing could make money through commercial endorsements and sponsorships. Discuss why sports were big business, and why rowing did not profit from the big business aspect of sports.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)