|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
2. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
3. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
4. When did Enquist graduate from college?
5. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lewis created his own training devices and used some inventive methods to improve his rowing. Discuss why he created his own training devices and what some of these inventive methods and creative training devices were that he used to improve his rowing.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss why perseverance was necessary to succeed in rowing.
Essay Topic 3
Athletes in sports other than rowing could make money through commercial endorsements and sponsorships. Discuss why sports were big business, and why rowing did not profit from the big business aspect of sports.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)