|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
2. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
3. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
4. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
5. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
Essay Topic 1
Athletes in sports other than rowing could make money through commercial endorsements and sponsorships. Discuss why sports were big business, and why rowing did not profit from the big business aspect of sports.
Essay Topic 2
When the names were drawn for the semifinals for the Olympic trials, there were mixed reactions to the draw. Discuss the draw for the semifinals and the reactions to the draw.
Essay Topic 3
The eastern and western rowing coaches had different coaching styles. Discuss the coaching styles of the eastern and western coaches, and why Biglow felt caught between the two styles of coaching.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)