|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
2. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
3. Where was Gary Reid from?
4. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
5. What commercial did ABC air, suspending the scullers in mid-race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
2. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
3. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
4. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
5. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
6. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
7. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
8. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
9. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
10. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry Parker offered Lewis a spot as the eighth man in a quad. Using the arguments that Lewis used, argue whether he should or should not have accepted the position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Bouscaren, Biglow, Lewis, and Wood had different feelings about rowing after the Olympics, and why each man did or did not decide to continue rowing.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the men who were competing to represent America in the single scull at the 1984 Olympics.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)