|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
2. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
3. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
4. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
5. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
2. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
3. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
4. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
9. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
10. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because of his background, Biglow seemed different from his college classmates. Discuss how Biglow was different from his teammates and classmates.
Essay Topic 2
Biglow had two coaches who were strong influences in his rowing career. Compare the relationship that Biglow had with his coaches: Frank Cunningham and Tony Johnson.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Wood and Biglow both wanted to be the single sculler in the Olympic games.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)