|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
2. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
3. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
4. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
5. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
Essay Topic 1
Lewis created his own training devices and used some inventive methods to improve his rowing. Discuss why he created his own training devices and what some of these inventive methods and creative training devices were that he used to improve his rowing.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss why perseverance was necessary to succeed in rowing.
Essay Topic 3
Athletes in sports other than rowing could make money through commercial endorsements and sponsorships. Discuss why sports were big business, and why rowing did not profit from the big business aspect of sports.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)