|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
2. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
3. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
4. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
5. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
Essay Topic 1
After the training camp ended and the final selections for the Olympic games were made, Parker felt that he had made some mistakes. Discuss the mistakes that Parker believed he made during the training camp.
Essay Topic 2
Because of the competitive nature of rowing, there were many conflicts between rowers. Discuss events that caused conflict in the book, whether the conflict was resolved, and how the conflict affected various individuals.
Essay Topic 3
When the names were drawn for the semifinals for the Olympic trials, there were mixed reactions to the draw. Discuss the draw for the semifinals and the reactions to the draw.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)