|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
2. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
3. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
4. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
5. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
2. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
3. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
4. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
5. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
6. Why was Enquist upset with Lewis after they won the challenge boat at Princeton?
7. How did Parker sometimes protect certain oarsmen whose skills he was confident of from the savagery of the seat?
8. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
9. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
10. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biglow had two coaches who were strong influences in his rowing career. Compare the relationship that Biglow had with his coaches: Frank Cunningham and Tony Johnson.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the men who were competing to represent America in the single scull at the 1984 Olympics.
Essay Topic 3
Parker was troubled by the coaching he had given Lewis. Discuss how Parker coached Lewis and why he was troubled by the coaching he gave Lewis.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)