|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
2. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
3. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
4. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
5. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
2. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
3. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
4. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
5. What was Jim Dietz's history rowing competitively?
6. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
7. What were some of the jobs that Wood had held since he graduated from college?
8. Why didn't Wood and the other rowers row a stroke in the 1980 summer Olympics?
9. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
10. Why did a sculler have to find motivation within himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the men who were competing to represent America in the single scull at the 1984 Olympics.
Essay Topic 2
Biglow had two coaches who were strong influences in his rowing career. Compare the relationship that Biglow had with his coaches: Frank Cunningham and Tony Johnson.
Essay Topic 3
Other oarsmen called Paul Enquist Paul "Zenquist". Discuss why Enquist was nicknamed Paul "Zenquist".
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)