Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
2. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
3. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
8. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
9. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
10. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
Lewis created his own training devices and used some inventive methods to improve his rowing. Discuss why he created his own training devices and what some of these inventive methods and creative training devices were that he used to improve his rowing.
Harry Parker offered Lewis a spot as the eighth man in a quad. Using the arguments that Lewis used, argue whether he should or should not have accepted the position.
Using examples from the book, discuss why perseverance was necessary to succeed in rowing.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)