Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
2. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
3. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
8. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
9. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
10. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
Compare and contrast the men who were competing to represent America in the single scull at the 1984 Olympics.
Discuss why Bouscaren, Biglow, Lewis, and Wood had different feelings about rowing after the Olympics, and why each man did or did not decide to continue rowing.
Using examples from the book, discuss Biglow's desire to achieve and how that affected the way that he lived his life.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)