Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
2. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
3. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
8. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
9. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
10. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
Discuss why the Soviets and East Germans pulled out of the 1984 Olympics and how that affected rowing for the Americans.
Athletes in sports other than rowing could make money through commercial endorsements and sponsorships. Discuss why sports were big business, and why rowing did not profit from the big business aspect of sports.
Lewis created his own training devices and used some inventive methods to improve his rowing. Discuss why he created his own training devices and what some of these inventive methods and creative training devices were that he used to improve his rowing.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)