|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
(a) Sleeveless t-shirts.
(b) Torn jeans.
(c) Cut off shorts.
2. Where was Gary Reid from?
(d) New Zealand.
3. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
5. What commercial did ABC air, suspending the scullers in mid-race?
(d) Pizza Hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
2. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
3. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
4. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
5. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
2. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
3. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
4. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
5. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
6. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
7. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
8. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
9. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
10. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)