|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 4.6 seconds.
(b) 3.7 seconds.
(c) 6.2 seconds.
(d) 5.3 seconds.
2. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
3. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
(a) On a salmon boat.
(b) For a law firm.
(c) At a consulting firm.
(d) At a bank.
4. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Charley Bracken.
(b) Paul Enquist.
(c) Tiff Wood.
(d) Brad Lewis.
5. Where did Enquist go to college?
(a) University of Oregon.
(b) Washington State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
2. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
3. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
4. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
5. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
2. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
3. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
4. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
5. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
6. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
7. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
8. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
9. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
10. How did Parker sometimes protect certain oarsmen whose skills he was confident of from the savagery of the seat?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)