|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 1 second.
(c) 2 seconds.
(d) 5 seconds.
2. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
3. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Charley McIntyre.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) George Pocock.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
4. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 32 strokes.
(b) 30 strokes.
(c) 34 strokes.
(d) 36 strokes.
5. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(c) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
2. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
3. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
4. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
5. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
2. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
3. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
4. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
5. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
6. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
9. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
10. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)