|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Greg Stone.
(b) Christ Allsopp.
(c) Jack Frackleton.
(d) Al Healy.
2. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
3. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
4. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
5. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His sophomore year.
(b) His junior year.
(c) His freshman year.
(d) His senior year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
2. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
3. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
4. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
5. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
2. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
3. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
4. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
5. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
6. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
7. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
8. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
9. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
10. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)