|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Joe Burk.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) George Pocock.
2. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1700 mark.
(b) 1000 mark.
(c) 1200 mark.
(d) 1500 mark.
3. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(c) Mercedes Benz.
4. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
5. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 3.7 seconds.
(b) 6.2 seconds.
(c) 5.3 seconds.
(d) 4.6 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
2. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
3. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
4. How many seconds was Biglow behind Mills with five hundred meters to go?
5. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
2. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
3. Why was Enquist upset with Lewis after they won the challenge boat at Princeton?
4. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
5. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
8. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
9. How did Parker sometimes protect certain oarsmen whose skills he was confident of from the savagery of the seat?
10. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)