|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
2. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
(a) A course on sports medicine.
(b) A course on on wilderness medicine.
(c) A course on global health.
(d) A course on stress.
3. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
(c) New York.
4. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(b) Greenwich Hospital.
(c) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(d) New York Hospital.
5. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
(a) The East Germans.
(b) The West Germans.
(c) The Canadians.
(d) The Yugoslavs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
2. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
3. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
4. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
5. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
2. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
3. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
4. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
5. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
6. Why was Enquist upset with Lewis after they won the challenge boat at Princeton?
7. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
8. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
9. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
10. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)