|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
2. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(a) Lake Orta.
(c) Lake Lucerne.
3. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The English spare.
(b) The Canadian spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The West German spare.
4. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
5. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
2. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
3. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
4. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
5. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
2. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
3. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
4. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
7. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
8. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
9. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
10. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)