|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 1 second.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 2 seconds.
(d) 3 seconds.
2. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Charley Bracken.
(b) Paul Enquist.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) Tiff Wood.
3. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
4. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Mike Livingston.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Tony Johnson.
5. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
2. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
3. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
4. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
5. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
2. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
3. How did Parker sometimes protect certain oarsmen whose skills he was confident of from the savagery of the seat?
4. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
5. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
6. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
7. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
8. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
9. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
10. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)