|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Cayuga.
(b) Lake Stevens.
(c) Greenwood Lake.
(d) Bolgoda Lake.
2. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(d) Greenwich Hospital.
3. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) West Germany.
4. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
5. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
(a) West German.
(d) East German.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
2. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
3. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
4. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
5. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
2. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
3. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
4. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
5. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
8. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
9. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
10. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)