|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(b) Lake Orta.
(d) Lake Lucerne.
2. With whom did Lewis drive to Boston after being offered a spot by Parker in the finals?
3. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(c) Mercedes Benz.
4. Where is Dartmouth College located?
(b) New Haven.
5. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(b) New Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country had the best quad in the world?
2. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
3. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
4. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
5. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
2. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
3. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
4. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
5. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
6. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
9. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
10. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)