|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 7 seconds.
(c) 4 seconds.
(d) 3 seconds.
2. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
3. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
(a) Stay Hungry.
(b) Eat them alive.
(c) Devour the competition.
(d) The strong will eat the weak.
4. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 170 pounds.
(c) 165 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
5. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
2. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
3. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
4. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
5. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
2. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
3. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
4. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
5. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
6. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
7. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
8. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
9. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
10. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)