|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
(a) Over 2 decades.
(b) 45 years.
(c) Over 3 decades.
(d) 15 years.
2. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Brad Lewis.
(b) Tiff Wood.
(c) Charley Bracken.
(d) Paul Enquist.
3. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the semi-finals.
(b) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(c) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(d) Since the finals.
4. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Bug Boat.
(b) The Smooth Boat.
(c) The Love Boat.
(d) The Rough Boat.
5. Where was Gary Reid from?
(c) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
2. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
3. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
4. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
5. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
2. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
3. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
4. Why was Biglow's rowing proving to be a mystery to him and his coaches?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
7. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
8. Why did Parker believe that he should have canceled participation in the Lucerne races?
9. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
10. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)