|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
2. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
(a) Because he and Altekruse couldn't get the stroke together.
(b) Because of the Wood-Biglow double.
(c) Because of the Lewis-Enquist double.
(d) Because he was having physical problems.
3. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
4. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 6 ft. 2 in.
(b) 5 ft. 11 in.
(c) 6 ft. 1 in.
(d) 5 ft. 10 in.
5. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
2. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
3. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
4. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
5. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
2. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
3. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
6. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
9. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
10. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)