|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
2. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 32 strokes.
(b) 34 strokes.
(c) 30 strokes.
(d) 36 strokes.
3. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
4. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) West Germany.
5. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
2. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
3. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
4. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
5. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
2. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
3. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
4. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
5. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
6. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
7. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
8. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
9. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
10. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)