|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Tony Johnson.
(c) Harry Parker.
(d) Charley McIntyre.
2. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
3. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
4. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(b) Mercedes Benz.
5. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
2. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
3. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
4. Where was Gary Reid from?
5. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
2. What did Wood do after the Olympics?
3. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
4. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
5. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
6. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
7. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
8. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
9. How did Cunningham's coaching career begin in Seattle?
10. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)