|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 3.7 seconds.
(b) 6.2 seconds.
(c) 4.6 seconds.
(d) 5.3 seconds.
2. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Greg Stone.
(b) Al Healy.
(c) Jack Frackleton.
(d) Christ Allsopp.
3. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Charley McIntyre.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
4. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
5. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
2. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
3. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
4. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
5. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was selecting boats more difficult for an Olympic team than for a college one?
2. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
3. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
4. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
5. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
6. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
7. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
8. Why was the row that Wood and Pat Walter rowed an odd row?
9. Why did Bouscaren consider turning down the offer from New York Hospital?
10. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)