|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(b) Mister Tony.
(c) Mister Coach.
2. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 10 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 13 times.
(d) 7 times.
3. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
4. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(b) West Germany.
5. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
2. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
3. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
4. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
5. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
2. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
3. What advice did Dietz give Wood after rowing together in their first practice in the double?
4. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
5. What did Lewis decide about his and Enquist's chances at the Olympics after viewing videotapes of Lucerne and last year's world championships?
6. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
7. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
8. What did Biglow believe was the greatest thing that Tony Johnson taught his athletes?
9. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
10. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)