|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
2. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
3. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(b) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(c) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 1 inch.
4. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
5. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(a) Boston University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
2. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
3. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
4. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
5. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
2. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
3. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
4. Why was Christopher Wood known for being particularly experienced in scrounging lodging and food?
5. How did Lewis support himself?
6. What did Biglow like about being in the Olympic camp?
7. What questions did Biglow ask Parker when he called him before he returned to Cambridge?
8. How did Parker sometimes protect certain oarsmen whose skills he was confident of from the savagery of the seat?
9. What was Biglow's father's idea of success?
10. Why did both Biglow and Wood want to be the single sculler in the 1984 Olympic games?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)