|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
2. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 20 to 22 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 13 to 14 miles.
5. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) Rowing in the United States.
(b) Rowing USA.
(c) United States Rowing.
(d) America Rows.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
2. How much time might Wood race in a year?
3. When did the Biglows move West?
4. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
5. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Christopher Wood known for being particularly experienced in scrounging lodging and food?
2. Why did a sculler have to find motivation within himself?
3. What was an economic reason why Christopher Wood chose to travel with Charley Altekruse?
4. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
5. Why, when Wood was in his mid-twenties, would he ritually get ready to quit rowing and then stay on?
6. Why did Biglow decide to attend Yale?
7. Why wasn't Brad Lewis taken seriously as a rower?
8. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
9. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
10. What adjustments did Altekruse have to make when he went from being an oarsman to a sculler?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)