|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
2. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 7 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 12 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
3. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
4. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) He won the fall regatta.
(b) He was regularly beating Svensson.
(c) It was taking him less time to recover.
(d) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
5. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 130 minutes.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 220 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
2. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
3. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
5. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
2. Why did Biglow decide to attend Yale?
3. In what way were the rowing athletes treated differently from other Olympic hopefuls?
4. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
5. Describe Pertti Karppinen.
6. Why did a photo of John Biglow published in the "Yale Daily News" make Steve Kiesling a little uneasy?
7. What were some things that inspired Wood to continue rowing?
8. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
9. Why did both Biglow and Wood want to be the single sculler in the 1984 Olympic games?
10. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)