|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
2. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
3. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The money.
(b) The prestige.
(c) The competition.
(d) The Olympics.
4. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Strayer University.
(b) Williams College.
(c) Broward College.
(d) Boston University.
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did a scull weigh?
2. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
3. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
5. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
2. Why did Enquist tell Lewis not to get arrested and put in jail?
3. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
4. What was Jim Dietz's history rowing competitively?
5. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
6. Why didn't Lewis and Enquist room together at the Olympics?
7. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
8. How would Wood's coach Harry Parker accept it if Wood said that he no longer wanted to be a sculler?
9. Why wasn't Brad Lewis taken seriously as a rower?
10. What was an economic reason why Christopher Wood chose to travel with Charley Altekruse?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)