|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(a) Boston University.
2. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
3. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $7 million.
(b) $6 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $5 million.
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
2. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
3. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
4. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
5. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
2. Why would the repechage at the Olympics be rowed all-out in a way usually reserved for a final?
3. How would Wood's coach Harry Parker accept it if Wood said that he no longer wanted to be a sculler?
4. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
5. What personal disappointment was Harry Parker fighting during team camp?
6. Why didn't Biglow watch videotapes of the final of the single scull?
7. What was Jim Dietz's history rowing competitively?
8. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
9. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
10. Why was it so difficult for Wood that he was chosen to be a spare by the Olympic rowing committee?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)