|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(b) Actuarial expert.
(d) Configuration expert.
2. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
3. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The competition.
(b) The prestige.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) The money.
4. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
5. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 12 percent.
(c) 7 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
2. Where did Lewis work out when he was rowing?
3. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
4. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
5. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
2. What were some of the jobs that Wood had held since he graduated from college?
3. What caused Madison Avenue to become more interested in the Olympics?
4. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
5. In what way were the rowing athletes treated differently from other Olympic hopefuls?
6. Why did both Biglow and Wood want to be the single sculler in the 1984 Olympic games?
7. Why did Mitch accompany Lewis to Princeton?
8. What did Fritz Hagerman, an Ohio University professor who specialized in testing athletes, believe was a reason why those who dominated in sculling were physiological freaks?
9. Why did Biglow decide to attend Yale?
10. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)