|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 5 to 8 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 13 to 14 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
3. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His coach.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
2. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
3. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
4. When did the Biglows move West?
5. How old was Biglow when he won a bronze in a world regatta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jim Dietz's history rowing competitively?
2. What did Fritz Hagerman, an Ohio University professor who specialized in testing athletes, believe was a reason why those who dominated in sculling were physiological freaks?
3. What adjustments did Altekruse have to make when he went from being an oarsman to a sculler?
4. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
5. Why didn't Biglow's grandmother want him to row in the Olympic trials?
6. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
7. How did Lewis support himself?
8. Why did Mitch accompany Lewis to Princeton?
9. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
10. What was an economic reason why Christopher Wood chose to travel with Charley Altekruse?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)