|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
3. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
4. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
5. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
2. What did Wood arrange to liven things up a little and perhaps give him a sense of belonging at the Olympics?
3. Why did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
4. How did Tony Johnson help Lewis and Enquist at Ithaca?
5. Why was Marine boot camp a revelation to Frank Cunningham?
6. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
7. How did Biglow and Most get an opportunity to row in a regatta in the East?
8. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
9. Why was Biglow glad that he chose Dartmouth Medical School?
10. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)