|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
4. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
5. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(c) New Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. Where was Brad Lewis from?
4. Where did Lewis work out when he was rowing?
5. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did both Biglow and Wood want to be the single sculler in the 1984 Olympic games?
2. What disability did teachers discover that Biglow had when he was in the seventh grade?
3. Why didn't Biglow's grandmother want him to row in the Olympic trials?
4. Why wasn't Brad Lewis taken seriously as a rower?
5. How did Lewis support himself?
6. What was Biglow's father's idea of success?
7. What adjustments did Altekruse have to make when he went from being an oarsman to a sculler?
8. What were some of the jobs that Wood had held since he graduated from college?
9. What was an economic reason why Christopher Wood chose to travel with Charley Altekruse?
10. What was Wood like at prep school and at Harvard?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)