|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(b) Configuration expert.
(d) Actuarial expert.
2. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Peter Preston.
(b) Charles Watson.
(c) Joe Burk.
(d) Andrew Brignon.
3. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
4. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
5. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
2. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
3. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
4. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
2. What disability did teachers discover that Biglow had when he was in the seventh grade?
3. Why was Christopher Wood known for being particularly experienced in scrounging lodging and food?
4. What was an economic reason why Christopher Wood chose to travel with Charley Altekruse?
5. What was Biglow's father's idea of success?
6. What were some things that inspired Wood to continue rowing?
7. Why did a photo of John Biglow published in the "Yale Daily News" make Steve Kiesling a little uneasy?
8. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
9. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
10. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)