|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
2. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(a) New Haven.
4. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(c) Antique automobiles.
(d) Antiques and crystal.
5. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 7 years.
(d) Some 12 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
2. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
3. How much money could Lewis make in three or four months framing houses?
4. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
5. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Biglow decide to attend Yale?
2. How did Wood feel when he was rowing in the final?
3. How would Wood's coach Harry Parker accept it if Wood said that he no longer wanted to be a sculler?
4. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
5. Describe Pertti Karppinen.
6. Why did a photo of John Biglow published in the "Yale Daily News" make Steve Kiesling a little uneasy?
7. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
8. Why didn't Biglow's grandmother want him to row in the Olympic trials?
9. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
10. Why did both Biglow and Wood want to be the single sculler in the 1984 Olympic games?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)