|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
2. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Andrew Brignon.
(b) Peter Preston.
(c) Joe Burk.
(d) Charles Watson.
3. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
4. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 40 pounds.
(b) Just under 30 pounds.
(c) Just under 50 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
5. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
3. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
4. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
5. How much money could Lewis make in three or four months framing houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
2. How did Lewis support himself?
3. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
4. What was Wood like at prep school and at Harvard?
5. What was Biglow's father's idea of success?
6. What were some of the jobs that Wood had held since he graduated from college?
7. What adjustments did Altekruse have to make when he went from being an oarsman to a sculler?
8. Why was Christopher Wood known for being particularly experienced in scrounging lodging and food?
9. Why would it have been difficult for the Dallas Cowboys to draft Carl Lewis as a possible wide receiver?
10. Why wasn't Brad Lewis taken seriously as a rower?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)