|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $6 million.
2. Where was Brad Lewis from?
(b) New Mexico.
3. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad back.
(b) Torn rotator cuff.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Cracked rib.
4. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
5. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
4. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
5. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, when Wood was in his mid-twenties, would he ritually get ready to quit rowing and then stay on?
2. Why did Parker and Altekruse argue on the day of the Princeton trials?
3. Why did a photo of John Biglow published in the "Yale Daily News" make Steve Kiesling a little uneasy?
4. Why was Enquist upset with Lewis after they won the challenge boat at Princeton?
5. Why didn't Bouscaren play tennis at Yale?
6. Why was Wood's fall from rowing so terrible?
7. Why didn't Biglow's grandmother want him to row in the Olympic trials?
8. Why did Mitch accompany Lewis to Princeton?
9. What did Lewis have Enquist do because Enquist's forearms were weak?
10. Why were the American teams at a disadvantage competing against the Europeans in the Olympic games?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)