|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(a) Air Force.
2. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Williams College.
(b) Broward College.
(c) Strayer University.
(d) Boston University.
3. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Boston and Philadelphia.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Seattle and Portland.
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
2. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
3. When did the Biglows move West?
4. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
5. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Lewis's home life not been an easy one?
2. What was Jim Dietz's history rowing competitively?
3. Why was it difficult to televise rowing?
4. Why was Christopher Wood known for being particularly experienced in scrounging lodging and food?
5. How did Lewis support himself?
6. Why did Bouscaren grow up a single child with a single parent?
7. What was Biglow's father's idea of success?
8. What were some of the jobs that Wood had held since he graduated from college?
9. Why didn't Wood and the other rowers row a stroke in the 1980 summer Olympics?
10. How would Wood's coach Harry Parker accept it if Wood said that he no longer wanted to be a sculler?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)