|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gary Reid from?
(b) New Zealand.
2. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
3. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(d) West Germany.
4. When did Enquist graduate from college?
5. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 5 ft. 10 in.
(b) 6 ft. 2 in.
(c) 6 ft. 1 in.
(d) 5 ft. 11 in.
6. How tall was Enquist?
(a) 6 ft. 7 in.
(b) 6 ft. 3 in.
(c) 6 ft. 1 in.
(d) 6 ft. 6 in.
7. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
8. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
(a) Because he and Altekruse couldn't get the stroke together.
(b) Because of the Wood-Biglow double.
(c) Because he was having physical problems.
(d) Because of the Lewis-Enquist double.
9. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Christ Allsopp.
(b) Greg Stone.
(c) Jack Frackleton.
(d) Al Healy.
10. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(b) Australia and Romania.
(c) West Germans and Norwegians.
(d) Finland and Canada.
11. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
12. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Do something crazy.
(b) Stand behind the gymnasts.
(c) Do an interview for television.
(d) Stand near the swimmers.
13. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
14. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Cayuga.
(b) Bolgoda Lake.
(c) Greenwood Lake.
(d) Lake Stevens.
15. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
(a) 1.5 seconds.
(b) 3.2 seconds.
(c) 2.4 seconds.
(d) 4.7 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
2. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
3. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
4. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
5. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)