|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Romanian coach.
(b) The Canadian coach.
(c) The Finnish coach.
(d) The West German coach.
2. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the finals.
(b) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(c) Since the semi-finals.
(d) Since the beginning of the training camp.
3. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
4. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(d) West Germany.
5. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
6. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Lewis's cousin Mike.
(b) Tony Johnson.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Harry Parker.
7. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
8. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) West Germans and Norwegians.
(b) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(c) Australia and Romania.
(d) Finland and Canada.
9. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(b) Mister Coach.
(d) Mister Tony.
10. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(d) Mexico City.
11. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
12. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
13. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
14. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
(a) Eat them alive.
(b) Stay Hungry.
(c) The strong will eat the weak.
(d) Devour the competition.
15. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
(a) Deloof and Pancic.
(b) Iosub and Clement.
(c) Ibarra and Mills.
(d) Karppinen and Kolbe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
2. How many seconds was Biglow behind Mills with five hundred meters to go?
3. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
4. Where is Dartmouth College located?
5. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)