|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) Charley McIntyre.
(d) George Pocock.
2. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Canadian coach.
(b) The Romanian coach.
(c) The West German coach.
(d) The Finnish coach.
3. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
(a) New York.
4. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Finland and Canada.
(b) West Germans and Norwegians.
(c) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(d) Australia and Romania.
5. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
6. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the semi-finals.
(b) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(c) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(d) Since the finals.
7. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
8. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Cayuga.
(b) Greenwood Lake.
(c) Bolgoda Lake.
(d) Lake Stevens.
10. When did Enquist graduate from college?
11. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His freshman year.
(b) His senior year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His junior year.
12. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
13. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
14. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
15. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Lewis's cousin Mike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
2. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
3. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
4. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
5. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)