Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Charley Bracken.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Tiff Wood.
(d) Paul Enquist.
2. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(d) New Haven.
3. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
4. How tall was Enquist?
(a) 6 ft. 6 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 6 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 3 in.
5. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
6. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
(a) Because of the Lewis-Enquist double.
(b) Because of the Wood-Biglow double.
(c) Because he was having physical problems.
(d) Because he and Altekruse couldn't get the stroke together.
7. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Christ Allsopp.
(b) Jack Frackleton.
(c) Greg Stone.
(d) Al Healy.
8. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Went back home for a few months to relax.
(b) Began medical school.
(c) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
9. What commercial did ABC air, suspending the scullers in mid-race?
(a) Pizza Hut.
10. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
11. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Harry Parker.
(d) Tony Johnson.
12. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
13. Where is Dartmouth College located?
(b) New Haven.
14. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(b) West Germans and Norwegians.
(c) Australia and Romania.
(d) Finland and Canada.
15. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
(a) West German.
(b) East German.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
2. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
3. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
4. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
5. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)