|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Romanian coach.
(b) The Canadian coach.
(c) The West German coach.
(d) The Finnish coach.
2. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Do something crazy.
(b) Stand behind the gymnasts.
(c) Do an interview for television.
(d) Stand near the swimmers.
3. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(b) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(c) Greenwich Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
4. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
5. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A kayak.
(c) A scull.
(d) A dinghy.
6. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
(a) Olympic rowing pins.
(b) A picture of him rowing.
(c) Olympic coins.
(d) Olympic keychains.
7. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
8. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Harry Parker.
9. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) West Germany.
10. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(a) Soviet Union.
(c) West Germany.
11. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
12. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Stevens.
(b) Bolgoda Lake.
(c) Greenwood Lake.
(d) Lake Cayuga.
13. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
14. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Mike Livingston.
15. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
(b) Torn jeans.
(c) Sleeveless t-shirts.
(d) Cut off shorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
2. Where is Dartmouth College located?
3. Where was Gary Reid from?
4. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
5. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)