|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
2. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(a) Mister Tony.
(c) Mister Coach.
3. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Stevens.
(b) Greenwood Lake.
(c) Bolgoda Lake.
(d) Lake Cayuga.
4. When Lewis and Enquist came to Princeton for the double race, by how many lengths did they win their heat?
5. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
6. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Joe Burk.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) George Pocock.
7. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
8. Where was Gary Reid from?
(d) New Zealand.
9. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 13 times.
(d) 10 times.
10. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
11. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(b) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(c) Greenwich Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
12. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(a) Soviet Union.
(c) West Germany.
13. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Mike Livingston.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
14. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The New Zealand spare.
(b) The West German spare.
(c) The English spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
15. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
(a) A picture of him rowing.
(b) Olympic rowing pins.
(c) Olympic keychains.
(d) Olympic coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
2. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
3. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
4. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
5. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)