|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 4.6 seconds.
(b) 5.3 seconds.
(c) 6.2 seconds.
(d) 3.7 seconds.
2. How many seconds was Biglow behind Mills with five hundred meters to go?
(a) 7.4 seconds.
(b) 6.2 seconds.
(c) 8.1 seconds.
(d) 4.8 seconds.
3. With whom did Lewis drive to Boston after being offered a spot by Parker in the finals?
4. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
5. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Stand behind the gymnasts.
(b) Stand near the swimmers.
(c) Do an interview for television.
(d) Do something crazy.
6. Where is Dartmouth College located?
(a) New Haven.
7. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
(a) A picture of him rowing.
(b) Olympic rowing pins.
(c) Olympic coins.
(d) Olympic keychains.
8. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
9. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the finals.
(b) Since the semi-finals.
(c) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(d) Since the Lucerne regatta.
10. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
11. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Romanian coach.
(b) The Finnish coach.
(c) The West German coach.
(d) The Canadian coach.
12. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
13. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His junior year.
(b) His freshman year.
(c) His senior year.
(d) His sophomore year.
14. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Charley McIntyre.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) George Pocock.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
15. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
(a) A scull.
(b) A kayak.
(c) A dinghy.
(d) A canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
2. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
3. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
4. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
5. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)