|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
2. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
3. When did Enquist graduate from college?
4. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
5. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1200 mark.
(b) 1500 mark.
(c) 1000 mark.
(d) 1700 mark.
6. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
(a) 300 meters.
(b) 400 meters.
(c) 200 meters.
(d) 500 meters.
7. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
(a) The strong will eat the weak.
(b) Eat them alive.
(c) Devour the competition.
(d) Stay Hungry.
8. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
9. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
10. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Lewis's cousin Mike.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
11. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
(a) Lake Stevens.
(b) Greenwood Lake.
(c) Lake Cayuga.
(d) Bolgoda Lake.
12. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(b) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(c) Since the finals.
(d) Since the semi-finals.
14. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Charley McIntyre.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) George Pocock.
15. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His junior year.
(b) His senior year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His freshman year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
2. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
3. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
4. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
5. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)