|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(b) Greenwich Hospital.
(c) New York Hospital.
(d) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
2. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Began medical school.
(b) Went back home for a few months to relax.
(d) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
3. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(a) Lake Lucerne.
(c) Lake Orta.
4. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
5. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His sophomore year.
(b) His junior year.
(c) His senior year.
(d) His freshman year.
6. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
7. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The New Zealand spare.
(b) The West German spare.
(c) The Canadian spare.
(d) The English spare.
8. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 170 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 165 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
9. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
(a) Eat them alive.
(b) Stay Hungry.
(c) Devour the competition.
(d) The strong will eat the weak.
10. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
11. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
(a) 15 years.
(b) Over 2 decades.
(c) 45 years.
(d) Over 3 decades.
12. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 34 strokes.
(b) 32 strokes.
(c) 30 strokes.
(d) 36 strokes.
13. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Paul Enquist.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Charley Bracken.
(d) Tiff Wood.
14. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
15. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Enquist?
2. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
3. Where did Enquist go to college?
4. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
5. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)