|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
2. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 30 strokes.
(b) 34 strokes.
(c) 32 strokes.
(d) 36 strokes.
3. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
(a) Because of the Wood-Biglow double.
(b) Because he was having physical problems.
(c) Because he and Altekruse couldn't get the stroke together.
(d) Because of the Lewis-Enquist double.
4. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Tony Johnson.
(c) Mike Livingston.
(d) Harry Parker.
5. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
(a) For a law firm.
(b) On a salmon boat.
(c) At a consulting firm.
(d) At a bank.
6. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
7. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
8. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
9. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(a) West Germany.
(d) Soviet Union.
10. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
(b) Began medical school.
(d) Went back home for a few months to relax.
11. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
12. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
13. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
(a) Olympic coins.
(b) Olympic rowing pins.
(c) Olympic keychains.
(d) A picture of him rowing.
14. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
15. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Al Healy.
(b) Christ Allsopp.
(c) Jack Frackleton.
(d) Greg Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
2. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
3. How many seconds was Biglow behind Mills with five hundred meters to go?
4. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
5. How tall was Enquist?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)