|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
2. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
3. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
4. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
5. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
6. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
7. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 6 ft. 1 in.
(b) 5 ft. 11 in.
(c) 5 ft. 10 in.
(d) 6 ft. 2 in.
8. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) Greenwich Hospital.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(d) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
9. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
10. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the semi-finals.
(b) Since the finals.
(c) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(d) Since the beginning of the training camp.
11. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 3 seconds.
(c) 2 seconds.
(d) 1 second.
12. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
(a) 4.7 seconds.
(b) 1.5 seconds.
(c) 2.4 seconds.
(d) 3.2 seconds.
13. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 10 times.
(d) 13 times.
14. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) West Germans and Norwegians.
(b) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(c) Finland and Canada.
(d) Australia and Romania.
15. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
2. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
3. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
4. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
5. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)