|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
2. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Bug Boat.
(b) The Smooth Boat.
(c) The Rough Boat.
(d) The Love Boat.
3. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
(a) 3.2 seconds.
(b) 4.7 seconds.
(c) 2.4 seconds.
(d) 1.5 seconds.
5. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
6. Where was Gary Reid from?
(b) New Zealand.
7. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His sophomore year.
(b) His junior year.
(c) His freshman year.
(d) His senior year.
8. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(a) Lake Orta.
(d) Lake Lucerne.
9. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(b) Mister Coach.
(d) Mister Tony.
10. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(b) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(c) Since the semi-finals.
(d) Since the finals.
11. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1500 mark.
(b) 1700 mark.
(c) 1000 mark.
(d) 1200 mark.
12. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The New Zealand spare.
(b) The English spare.
(c) The West German spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
13. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
14. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
15. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
(a) Karppinen and Kolbe.
(b) Deloof and Pancic.
(c) Iosub and Clement.
(d) Ibarra and Mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
2. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
3. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
4. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
5. Where is Dartmouth College located?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)