|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 7 seconds.
(c) 4 seconds.
(d) 5 seconds.
2. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(c) New Haven.
3. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Rough Boat.
(b) The Bug Boat.
(c) The Smooth Boat.
(d) The Love Boat.
4. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
5. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
6. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
(a) On a salmon boat.
(b) At a consulting firm.
(c) For a law firm.
(d) At a bank.
7. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
(a) Christ Allsopp.
(b) Greg Stone.
(c) Jack Frackleton.
(d) Al Healy.
8. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
9. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(a) Mister Tony.
(d) Mister Coach.
10. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His senior year.
(b) His sophomore year.
(c) His junior year.
(d) His freshman year.
11. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Do an interview for television.
(b) Stand behind the gymnasts.
(c) Do something crazy.
(d) Stand near the swimmers.
12. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
(a) A course on sports medicine.
(b) A course on global health.
(c) A course on on wilderness medicine.
(d) A course on stress.
13. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
14. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
(a) Over 2 decades.
(b) Over 3 decades.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 45 years.
15. When Lewis and Enquist came to Princeton for the double race, by how many lengths did they win their heat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dartmouth College located?
2. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
3. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
4. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
5. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)