|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(b) Mercedes Benz.
2. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Lewis's cousin Mike.
(d) Tony Johnson.
3. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The West German spare.
(b) The English spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
4. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
(a) Deloof and Pancic.
(b) Karppinen and Kolbe.
(c) Ibarra and Mills.
(d) Iosub and Clement.
5. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 10 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 13 times.
(d) 5 times.
6. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
(a) 300 meters.
(b) 500 meters.
(c) 400 meters.
(d) 200 meters.
7. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
8. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(b) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(c) Since the semi-finals.
(d) Since the finals.
9. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(b) Lake Lucerne.
(d) Lake Orta.
10. When did Enquist graduate from college?
11. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
12. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
13. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 7 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 3 seconds.
(d) 4 seconds.
14. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Canadian coach.
(b) The Finnish coach.
(c) The West German coach.
(d) The Romanian coach.
15. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
(a) The Canadians.
(b) The West Germans.
(c) The Yugoslavs.
(d) The East Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
2. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
3. Where was Gary Reid from?
4. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
5. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)