|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
2. With whom did Lewis drive to Boston after being offered a spot by Parker in the finals?
3. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Lewis's cousin Mike.
(d) Harry Parker.
4. Which team went out early and took a commanding lead when Lewis and Enquist raced the final on Sunday?
5. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
6. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(c) New Haven.
7. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
(a) Over 2 decades.
(b) 15 years.
(c) Over 3 decades.
(d) 45 years.
8. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
(a) Deloof and Pancic.
(b) Iosub and Clement.
(c) Karppinen and Kolbe.
(d) Ibarra and Mills.
9. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The English spare.
(b) The West German spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
10. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
11. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
(a) West German.
(c) East German.
12. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
13. Where did Enquist go to college?
(a) Washington State.
(c) University of Oregon.
14. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Mike Livingston.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
15. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Rough Boat.
(b) The Smooth Boat.
(c) The Love Boat.
(d) The Bug Boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
2. When Lewis and Enquist came to Princeton for the double race, by how many lengths did they win their heat?
3. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
4. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
5. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)