|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Enquist graduate from college?
2. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
3. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Rough Boat.
(b) The Smooth Boat.
(c) The Love Boat.
(d) The Bug Boat.
4. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His senior year.
(b) His junior year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His freshman year.
5. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
6. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
7. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Romanian coach.
(b) The Canadian coach.
(c) The Finnish coach.
(d) The West German coach.
8. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
9. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 1 second.
(b) 3 seconds.
(c) 2 seconds.
(d) 5 seconds.
10. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Went back home for a few months to relax.
(c) Began medical school.
(d) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
12. Why did Parker believe that Buscaren was anxious about the double he was rowing with Altekruse?
(a) Because of the Lewis-Enquist double.
(b) Because of the Wood-Biglow double.
(c) Because he was having physical problems.
(d) Because he and Altekruse couldn't get the stroke together.
13. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
14. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(b) Since the finals.
(c) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(d) Since the semi-finals.
15. Where was Gary Reid from?
(c) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
2. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
3. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
4. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
5. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)