|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Enquist graduate from college?
2. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
(a) The Canadians.
(b) The East Germans.
(c) The West Germans.
(d) The Yugoslavs.
3. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The West German spare.
(b) The English spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
4. Where was Gary Reid from?
(a) New Zealand.
5. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Charley McIntyre.
(d) Tony Johnson.
6. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(d) Mexico City.
7. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(b) Mister Coach.
(c) Mister Tony.
8. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
9. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 13 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 7 times.
(d) 5 times.
10. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
11. What commercial did ABC air, suspending the scullers in mid-race?
(d) Pizza Hut.
12. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(b) West Germany.
13. How tall was Enquist?
(a) 6 ft. 7 in.
(b) 6 ft. 6 in.
(c) 6 ft. 3 in.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
14. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
15. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
2. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
3. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
4. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
5. Where did Enquist go to college?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)