|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 165 pounds.
(c) 170 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
2. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(d) Dr. Pepper.
3. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
4. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Rough Boat.
(b) The Smooth Boat.
(c) The Bug Boat.
(d) The Love Boat.
5. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
6. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
7. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
8. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 36 strokes.
(b) 34 strokes.
(c) 30 strokes.
(d) 32 strokes.
9. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
(a) A kayak.
(b) A scull.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A dinghy.
10. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
11. Where did Enquist go to college?
(c) Washington State.
(d) University of Oregon.
12. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(a) New Haven.
13. How long did Andy Warhol say that fame lasted?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(b) West Germans and Norwegians.
(c) Finland and Canada.
(d) Australia and Romania.
15. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Tony Johnson win a silver medal?
2. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
3. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
4. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
5. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)