|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 6.2 seconds.
(b) 4.6 seconds.
(c) 5.3 seconds.
(d) 3.7 seconds.
2. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Rough Boat.
(b) The Love Boat.
(c) The Bug Boat.
(d) The Smooth Boat.
3. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Canadian coach.
(b) The Finnish coach.
(c) The Romanian coach.
(d) The West German coach.
4. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
(a) Olympic coins.
(b) Olympic keychains.
(c) Olympic rowing pins.
(d) A picture of him rowing.
5. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
6. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1000 mark.
(b) 1200 mark.
(c) 1500 mark.
(d) 1700 mark.
7. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Tony Johnson.
(c) Mike Livingston.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
8. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(b) New Haven.
9. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Finland and Canada.
(b) Australia and Romania.
(c) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(d) West Germans and Norwegians.
10. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(d) New Haven.
11. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(a) Dr. Pepper.
12. When Lewis and Enquist came to Princeton for the double race, by how many lengths did they win their heat?
13. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 165 pounds.
(b) 170 pounds.
(c) 175 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
14. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
15. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 30 strokes.
(b) 36 strokes.
(c) 32 strokes.
(d) 34 strokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
2. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
3. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
4. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
5. Where was Gary Reid from?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)