|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1500 mark.
(b) 1000 mark.
(c) 1200 mark.
(d) 1700 mark.
2. Where is Dartmouth College located?
(d) New Haven.
3. When Lewis and Enquist came to Princeton for the double race, by how many lengths did they win their heat?
4. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
5. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
6. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
7. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
8. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
9. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(b) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
(c) New York Hospital.
(d) Greenwich Hospital.
10. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 4.6 seconds.
(b) 3.7 seconds.
(c) 6.2 seconds.
(d) 5.3 seconds.
11. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 days.
12. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
(a) 400 meters.
(b) 300 meters.
(c) 500 meters.
(d) 200 meters.
13. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
14. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
15. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
2. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
3. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
4. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
5. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)