|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
2. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
(a) Lake Lucerne.
(d) Lake Orta.
3. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 7 seconds.
(b) 3 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 4 seconds.
4. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
5. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Lewis's cousin Mike.
6. With whom did Lewis drive to Boston after being offered a spot by Parker in the finals?
7. Where was Gary Reid from?
(a) New Zealand.
8. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(d) West Germany.
9. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
10. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(d) New Haven.
11. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
12. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 13 times.
(d) 7 times.
13. When did Biglow begin stroking the Yale boat?
(a) His junior year.
(b) His senior year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His freshman year.
14. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(a) West Germany.
(b) Soviet Union.
15. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
2. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
3. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
4. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
5. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)