|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Do something crazy.
(b) Stand near the swimmers.
(c) Do an interview for television.
(d) Stand behind the gymnasts.
2. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(c) Mercedes Benz.
3. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
(a) The Romanian coach.
(b) The West German coach.
(c) The Canadian coach.
(d) The Finnish coach.
4. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
5. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
(a) A course on on wilderness medicine.
(b) A course on sports medicine.
(c) A course on global health.
(d) A course on stress.
6. Whose flagpole did Lewis want to desecrate?
(c) East German.
(d) West German.
7. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The West German spare.
(b) The English spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
8. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
9. Who did Biglow think he might write to find out about a weight-lifting program?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Lewis's cousin Mike.
10. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
(a) 34 strokes.
(b) 32 strokes.
(c) 30 strokes.
(d) 36 strokes.
11. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
12. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
(b) Sleeveless t-shirts.
(c) Torn jeans.
(d) Cut off shorts.
13. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
14. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 175 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 170 pounds.
(d) 165 pounds.
15. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(b) Finland and Canada.
(c) West Germans and Norwegians.
(d) Australia and Romania.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
2. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
3. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
4. How tall was Enquist?
5. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)