|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
2. Where did Bouscaren begin his internship?
(d) New York.
3. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the finals.
(b) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(c) Since the semi-finals.
(d) Since the beginning of the training camp.
4. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1500 mark.
(b) 1200 mark.
(c) 1000 mark.
(d) 1700 mark.
5. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 7 seconds.
(b) 4 seconds.
(c) 3 seconds.
(d) 5 seconds.
6. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(a) New Haven.
7. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
(a) Stand behind the gymnasts.
(b) Do something crazy.
(c) Do an interview for television.
(d) Stand near the swimmers.
8. Where did Bouscaren receive an offer for his residency?
(a) New York Hospital.
(b) Greenwich Hospital.
(c) University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
(d) St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
9. With whom did Lewis drive to Boston after being offered a spot by Parker in the finals?
10. When did Enquist graduate from college?
11. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The English spare.
(b) The West German spare.
(c) The New Zealand spare.
(d) The Canadian spare.
12. When would there be an additional Olympic trial at Princeton for young men who had the right to challenge the camp boats?
13. How many of the years before the Olympic trials had Wood spent rowing by himself?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
14. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Harry Parker.
15. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Tiff Wood.
(b) Charley Bracken.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) Paul Enquist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
2. When was an engagement party held to honor Wood and Aserlind?
3. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
4. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
5. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)