|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
2. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) Frank Cunningham.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) George Pocock.
(d) Joe Burk.
3. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1500 mark.
(b) 1200 mark.
(c) 1700 mark.
(d) 1000 mark.
4. How tall was Enquist?
(a) 6 ft. 3 in.
(b) 6 ft. 6 in.
(c) 6 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
5. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(c) West Germany.
6. When the oarsmen began showing up for the first race at Princeton, when did Lewis and Enquist arrive to work out?
7. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
(b) Mercedes Benz.
8. How many weeks did Parker have to pick both the double and the quad?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
9. Where was Ricardo Ibarra from?
10. How many double races had Lewis rowed in his life, at the time he and Enquist won the gold?
11. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
12. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
(b) Finland and Canada.
(c) Australia and Romania.
(d) West Germans and Norwegians.
13. Where did Enquist go to college?
(b) Washington State.
(d) University of Oregon.
14. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 175 pounds.
(b) 165 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 170 pounds.
15. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which coach did Biglow enjoy talking to at the Olympic camp?
2. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
3. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
4. What stroke had Lewis and Enquist wanted to maintain in the first Olympic heat?
5. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)