|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Harry Parker.
(c) Mike Livingston.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
2. When did Enquist graduate from college?
3. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
(b) Went back home for a few months to relax.
(c) Began medical school.
4. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
5. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 3 seconds.
(c) 2 seconds.
(d) 1 second.
6. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
7. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
(a) 45 years.
(b) Over 3 decades.
(c) Over 2 decades.
(d) 15 years.
8. How long had Parker been pessimistic about the chances for the Bouscaren-Altekruse double?
(a) Since the Lucerne regatta.
(b) Since the beginning of the training camp.
(c) Since the semi-finals.
(d) Since the finals.
9. When Lewis and Enquist were paired for the double at the team camp, what had the men finished?
10. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(b) Mister Tony.
(c) Mister Coach.
11. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
12. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Harry Parker.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Frank Cunningham.
(d) Tony Johnson.
13. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(c) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
14. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
(a) A course on on wilderness medicine.
(b) A course on global health.
(c) A course on sports medicine.
(d) A course on stress.
15. How low did Lewis and Enquist get their time for five-hundred-meter sprints?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
2. Where did Lewis and Enquist go to practice after telling Parker they wanted their own double?
3. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
4. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
5. What words did Lewis write on a three-foot inflatable shark that he gave Enquist?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)