|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(a) Mister Coach.
(b) Mister Tony.
2. Who recorded a tape that Lewis and Enquist would listen to everyday for motivation?
(a) Mike Livingston.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Tony Johnson.
(d) Harry Parker.
3. What position did Parker offer Lewis in the finals?
4. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
5. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 6.2 seconds.
(b) 3.7 seconds.
(c) 4.6 seconds.
(d) 5.3 seconds.
6. At what point did Lewis and Enquist pull up even with the team leading the final on Sunday?
(a) 500 meters.
(b) 200 meters.
(c) 300 meters.
(d) 400 meters.
7. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
(a) A course on stress.
(b) A course on on wilderness medicine.
(c) A course on global health.
(d) A course on sports medicine.
8. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
9. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(a) New Haven.
10. By how many seconds did Lewis and Enquist win the gold?
(a) 4.7 seconds.
(b) 3.2 seconds.
(c) 1.5 seconds.
(d) 2.4 seconds.
11. What was the highest stroke that Enquist could maintain in the single?
12. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
(a) At a consulting firm.
(b) On a salmon boat.
(c) At a bank.
(d) For a law firm.
13. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(a) Mexico City.
15. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 2 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 3 seconds.
(d) 1 second.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom had Wood raced in a fast double and taken second at Henley in 1977?
2. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
3. How did Lewis discover he could achieve instant fame on the tour of the United States with the other Olympic medalists?
4. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
5. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)