|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bouscaren going to buy so he could work out on the water daily?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A dinghy.
(c) A scull.
(d) A kayak.
2. Where did Lewis go immediately after he and Enquist became the American double?
3. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 7 times.
(b) 13 times.
(c) 10 times.
(d) 5 times.
4. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(a) Mister Coach.
(b) Mister Tony.
5. What did Lewis do a few months after the Olympics?
(a) Began working full time at Wells Fargo.
(b) Began medical school.
(d) Went back home for a few months to relax.
6. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
7. What was Jim Dietz's father's job?
8. Where was Gary Reid from?
(a) New Zealand.
9. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 165 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 170 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
10. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
11. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Charley Bracken.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Tiff Wood.
(d) Paul Enquist.
12. Who did Wood row with on the Sunday of the finals?
(a) The English spare.
(b) The New Zealand spare.
(c) The Canadian spare.
(d) The West German spare.
13. Who did Lewis and Enquist compete against in the first Olympic heat?
(a) Australia and Romania.
(b) Finland and Canada.
(c) West Germans and Norwegians.
(d) Belgium and Yugoslavia.
14. Who was the strongest competition in the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) West Germany.
15. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
2. When did Enquist graduate from college?
3. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
4. What elective course did Biglow take at Dartmouth?
5. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)