|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
2. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Paul Enquist.
(b) Tiff Wood.
(c) Charley Bracken.
(d) Brad Lewis.
3. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
4. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
(a) Torn jeans.
(b) Cut off shorts.
(d) Sleeveless t-shirts.
5. Where was Gary Reid from?
(a) New Zealand.
6. After the war, where was the race that Cunningham stroked that set a record time for a twelve-boat regatta?
(c) New Haven.
7. When did Lewis hope to row at Henley in a single?
8. By how much did Lewis and Enquist win the repechage at the Olympics?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 2 seconds.
(c) 1 second.
(d) 3 seconds.
9. How many seconds did Biglow cut off Mills with a closing drive?
(a) 3.7 seconds.
(b) 5.3 seconds.
(c) 6.2 seconds.
(d) 4.6 seconds.
10. How many times had Lewis and Enquist raced as a double when they rowed their first Olympic heat?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 13 times.
(d) 7 times.
11. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
12. How many weeks of training did Bouscaren and Altekruse lose when they raced at Lucerne?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 days.
13. Who did Wood think long and hard about inviting to his engagement party?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Charley McIntyre.
(c) Harry Parker.
(d) Frank Cunningham.
14. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(c) West Germany.
(d) Soviet Union.
15. At what mark during the Olympic repechage did Lewis and Enquist take the lead?
(a) 1200 mark.
(b) 1500 mark.
(c) 1700 mark.
(d) 1000 mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lewis want to row a double with in the fall after the Olympics?
2. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
3. What did Biglow send to his friends when he wrote after the Olympics?
4. Who did Biglow believe were his biggest competition for the bronze medal?
5. Where did Enquist go to college?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)