|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) L. Tolstoy.
(b) C. Dickens.
(c) T. Lazarus.
(d) R. Van Winkle.
2. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) He was regularly beating Svensson.
(b) It was taking him less time to recover.
(c) He won the fall regatta.
(d) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
3. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Torn rotator cuff.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Cracked rib.
(d) Bad knees.
4. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 1200 meter mark.
(b) 1500 meter mark.
(c) 500 meter mark.
(d) 1000 meter mark.
5. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
6. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
7. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
8. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) Over 700.
(b) About 400.
(c) As many as 600.
(d) As many 800.
9. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $50 a week.
(b) $15 a week.
(c) $25 a week.
(d) $75 a week.
10. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Insurance company.
(b) Brokerage firm.
(c) Engineering firm.
(d) Consulting firm.
11. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The money.
(b) The competition.
(c) The prestige.
(d) The Olympics.
12. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
13. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
(a) 375 pounds.
(b) 405 pounds.
(c) 525 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
14. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Phillips and Minner.
15. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 12 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 14 years.
(d) Some 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
2. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
3. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
4. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
5. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)