|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(a) Antiques and crystal.
(c) Antique automobiles.
2. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 7 percent.
(c) 12 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
3. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
4. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Torn rotator cuff.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Cracked rib.
(d) Bad knees.
5. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 17 inches.
(b) 15 inches.
(c) 19 inches.
(d) 12 inches.
6. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 7 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
7. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
8. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
9. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
(a) 6 ft. 5 in.
(b) 6 ft. 4 in.
(c) 6 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 6 in.
10. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Shealy and Cashin.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
11. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(c) West Germany.
(d) Soviet Union.
12. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
13. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 700 hours.
(b) As many as 500 hours.
(c) About 300 hours.
(d) As many as 475 hours.
14. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Dartmouth Medical School.
(c) Cornell Medical School.
(d) Stanford University Medical School.
15. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 40 pounds.
(b) Just under 50 pounds.
(c) Just under 30 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
2. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
3. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
4. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
5. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)