|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) San Diego.
(d) Santa Barbara.
3. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
4. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
5. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After the Spanish American War.
(c) After World War II.
(d) After World War I.
6. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Phillips and Minner.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
7. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(a) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
8. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 7 to 8 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 1 to 2 years.
9. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
10. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) First place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) Third place.
11. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
12. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Cornell Medical School.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Dartmouth Medical School.
(d) Stanford University Medical School.
13. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) T. Lazarus.
(b) R. Van Winkle.
(c) C. Dickens.
(d) L. Tolstoy.
14. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) He won the fall regatta.
(b) He was regularly beating Svensson.
(c) It was taking him less time to recover.
(d) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
15. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 12 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 7 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Biglow?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
4. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
5. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)