|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad back.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) Cracked rib.
(d) Torn rotator cuff.
4. How old was Biglow when he won a bronze in a world regatta?
5. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 1 inch.
(b) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(c) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 4 inches.
6. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 7 years.
(d) Some 12 years.
7. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
8. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
9. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(a) Antique automobiles.
(d) Antiques and crystal.
10. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 30 to 35 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 20 to 22 miles.
(d) 13 to 14 miles.
11. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
(a) 405 pounds.
(b) 525 pounds.
(c) 375 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
12. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
14. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
15. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) About 400.
(b) As many as 600.
(c) Over 700.
(d) As many 800.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
2. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
3. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
4. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)