|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lewis work out when he was rowing?
(a) Long Beach.
(c) Mission Bay.
(d) Naples Bay.
2. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His coach.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 40 pounds.
(b) Just under 30 pounds.
(c) Just under 50 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
4. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
5. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
6. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(a) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
7. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(b) San Diego.
(c) Santa Barbara.
8. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 17 inches.
(b) 19 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 15 inches.
9. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
10. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) First place.
(c) Third place.
(d) Fourth place.
11. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
12. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
13. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(b) Went off by himself.
(c) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
(d) Took his fiancee to dinner.
14. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
15. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time might Wood race in a year?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
3. How old was Biglow when he won a bronze in a world regatta?
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
5. How tall was Biglow?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)