|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
(a) 375 pounds.
(b) 525 pounds.
(c) 405 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Cracked rib.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) Torn rotator cuff.
(d) Bad back.
3. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Peter Preston.
(b) Andrew Brignon.
(c) Charles Watson.
(d) Joe Burk.
4. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
5. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
6. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
7. What college did Wood oar for?
(c) Boston University.
8. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 300 hours.
(b) As many as 500 hours.
(c) About 700 hours.
(d) As many as 475 hours.
9. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
10. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) Christopher Wood.
(c) Joe Bouscaren.
(d) John Biglow.
11. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) He was regularly beating Svensson.
(b) He won the fall regatta.
(c) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
(d) It was taking him less time to recover.
12. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The money.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) The competition.
(d) The prestige.
13. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
14. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
15. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
4. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
5. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)