|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His coach.
2. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(b) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(c) Went off by himself.
(d) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
3. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
4. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
5. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
6. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Santa Barbara.
7. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
8. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) America Rows.
(b) Rowing in the United States.
(c) United States Rowing.
(d) Rowing USA.
9. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
10. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Williams College.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Strayer University.
(d) Broward College.
11. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 175 pounds.
(b) 185 pounds.
(c) 190 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
12. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
14. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Third place.
(b) First place.
(c) Second place.
(d) Fourth place.
15. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
2. Where was Biglow from?
3. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
4. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)