|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money could Lewis make in three or four months framing houses?
(a) $8,000 to $9,000.
(b) $6,000 or $7,000.
(c) $5,000 to $6,000.
(d) $3,000 to $4,000.
2. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 190 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
3. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(b) Went off by himself.
(c) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(d) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
4. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) T. Lazarus.
(b) L. Tolstoy.
(c) R. Van Winkle.
(d) C. Dickens.
5. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
6. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
7. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
8. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $10 million.
9. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
10. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 500 meter mark.
(b) 1000 meter mark.
(c) 1200 meter mark.
(d) 1500 meter mark.
11. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
12. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) W.K .Kellogg.
(b) John D. Rockefeller.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
13. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
14. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His coach.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
15. Who did Biglow go to visit after the finals?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Grandmother Biglow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
2. How much time might Wood race in a year?
3. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
4. When did the Biglows move West?
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)