|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(a) Air Force.
2. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
(a) The Harvard Crimson.
(b) The Daily Princetonian.
(c) Yale Daily News.
(d) The Daily Free Press.
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 3 liters.
(b) 5 liters.
(c) 4 liters.
(d) 6 liters.
4. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
6. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
7. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
8. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
9. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Strayer University.
(b) Williams College.
(c) Boston University.
(d) Broward College.
10. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Cracked rib.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Torn rotator cuff.
11. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After World War II.
(b) After the Civil War.
(c) After World War I.
(d) After the Spanish American War.
12. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
13. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
(b) Cross-country skiing.
14. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Dartmouth Medical School.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Cornell Medical School.
(d) Stanford University Medical School.
15. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 7 to 8 years.
(b) 5 to 6 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 3 to 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
2. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. How much did Biglow weigh?
5. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)