|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) New Haven, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Hartford, Connecticut.
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 175 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 190 pounds.
4. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(a) Antiques and crystal.
(b) Antique automobiles.
5. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(d) Air Force.
6. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
7. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) San Diego.
(d) Santa Barbara.
8. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
9. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
(c) Cross-country skiing.
10. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 12 years.
(c) Some 7 years.
(d) Some 20 years.
11. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
12. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) C. Dickens.
(b) R. Van Winkle.
(c) L. Tolstoy.
(d) T. Lazarus.
13. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 220 minutes.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 130 minutes.
14. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 300 hours.
(b) About 700 hours.
(c) As many as 475 hours.
(d) As many as 500 hours.
15. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did a scull weigh?
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
3. In what magazine did Lewis read an article about Wood?
4. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
5. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)