|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(a) Air Force.
2. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
3. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
4. Where did Lewis work out when he was rowing?
(a) Long Beach.
(b) Mission Bay.
(d) Naples Bay.
5. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) R. Van Winkle.
(b) C. Dickens.
(c) L. Tolstoy.
(d) T. Lazarus.
6. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Boston and Philadelphia.
(b) Hartford and New Haven.
(c) Seattle and Portland.
(d) New York and Washington, D.C.
7. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
8. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(c) New Haven.
9. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
10. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
11. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(a) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
12. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
13. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $75 a week.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $25 a week.
14. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
15. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 220 minutes.
(d) 130 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
3. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
4. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
5. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)