|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Princeton, New Jersey.
(d) New Haven, Connecticut.
2. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
3. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
4. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
5. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 7 to 8 years.
(b) 5 to 6 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 3 to 4 years.
6. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(a) Air Force.
7. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Phillips and Minner.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
8. Where was Brad Lewis from?
(d) New Mexico.
9. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
10. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(b) Antique automobiles.
(c) Antiques and crystal.
11. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(d) Air Force.
12. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(a) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
13. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
14. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
15. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Charley Altekruse.
(d) John Biglow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
2. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
3. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
4. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
5. When did the Biglows move West?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)