|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(b) Antique automobiles.
(c) Antiques and crystal.
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
(a) The Daily Free Press.
(b) The Daily Princetonian.
(c) The Harvard Crimson.
(d) Yale Daily News.
4. What college did Wood oar for?
(c) Boston University.
5. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
6. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
7. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $25 a week.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $75 a week.
8. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) Over 700.
(b) About 400.
(c) As many as 600.
(d) As many 800.
9. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(b) Air Force.
10. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) First place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) Third place.
11. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
12. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Strayer University.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Williams College.
(d) Broward College.
13. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Diego.
14. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 12 percent.
(d) 7 percent.
15. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
2. How tall was Biglow?
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
5. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)