|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
(b) Cross-country skiing.
2. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(b) Boston University.
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 20 to 22 miles.
4. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
5. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad back.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) Torn rotator cuff.
(d) Cracked rib.
6. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Broward College.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Williams College.
(d) Strayer University.
7. How much money could Lewis make in three or four months framing houses?
(a) $3,000 to $4,000.
(b) $6,000 or $7,000.
(c) $8,000 to $9,000.
(d) $5,000 to $6,000.
8. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
9. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $10 million.
10. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
(a) 6 ft. 6 in.
(b) 6 ft. 5 in.
(c) 6 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 4 in.
11. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
12. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Hartford, Connecticut.
13. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His coach.
14. Where was Brad Lewis from?
(c) New Mexico.
15. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
2. How tall was Lewis?
3. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
4. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
5. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)