|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 1200 meter mark.
(b) 1500 meter mark.
(c) 1000 meter mark.
(d) 500 meter mark.
2. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 7 years.
(b) Some 14 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 20 years.
4. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
5. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
6. What college did Wood oar for?
(a) Boston University.
7. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) It was taking him less time to recover.
(b) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
(c) He won the fall regatta.
(d) He was regularly beating Svensson.
8. How tall was Lewis?
(a) 5 ft. 11 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 6 ft. 3 in.
(d) 6 ft. 4 in.
9. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
10. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
12. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
13. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
14. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $7 million.
15. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(a) Antique automobiles.
(d) Antiques and crystal.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
2. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
4. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)