|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
2. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(a) New Haven.
3. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
4. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Charles Watson.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) Peter Preston.
(d) Andrew Brignon.
5. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
6. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) As many as 475 hours.
(b) About 300 hours.
(c) About 700 hours.
(d) As many as 500 hours.
7. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Brokerage firm.
(b) Engineering firm.
(c) Consulting firm.
(d) Insurance company.
8. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After the Spanish American War.
(c) After World War I.
(d) After World War II.
9. How much money could Lewis make in three or four months framing houses?
(a) $8,000 to $9,000.
(b) $3,000 to $4,000.
(c) $5,000 to $6,000.
(d) $6,000 or $7,000.
10. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 17 inches.
(b) 12 inches.
(c) 15 inches.
(d) 19 inches.
11. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
(b) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(c) Went off by himself.
(d) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
12. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(a) Boston University.
13. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
14. Where was Brad Lewis from?
(c) New Mexico.
15. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lewis work out when he was rowing?
2. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
3. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
4. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
5. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)