|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
2. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(c) New Haven.
3. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
4. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 7 days.
5. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Christopher Wood.
(b) Joe Bouscaren.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Charley Altekruse.
6. Where was Brad Lewis from?
(a) New Mexico.
7. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
8. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
9. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 220 minutes.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 130 minutes.
10. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
11. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 20 to 22 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
12. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
13. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 12 inches.
(b) 17 inches.
(c) 19 inches.
(d) 15 inches.
14. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
15. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(a) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
2. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
3. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
4. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
5. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)