|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
2. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
3. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
4. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
6. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(d) New Haven.
7. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
8. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Diego.
9. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Gerald Ford.
10. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 75 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 130 minutes.
(d) 220 minutes.
11. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Torn rotator cuff.
(d) Cracked rib.
12. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His brother.
13. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Fourth place.
(b) First place.
(c) Third place.
(d) Second place.
14. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) John D. Rockefeller.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) W.K .Kellogg.
15. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $50 a week.
(b) $25 a week.
(c) $15 a week.
(d) $75 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
2. What did Carl Lewis collect?
3. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
4. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
5. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)