|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
2. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
5. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
6. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
7. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
8. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(b) Antiques and crystal.
(d) Antique automobiles.
9. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(c) Actuarial expert.
(d) Configuration expert.
10. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
11. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went off by himself.
(b) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
(c) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(d) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
12. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(b) Boston University.
13. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Brad Lewis.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
14. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) John D. Rockefeller.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) W.K .Kellogg.
15. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 500 meter mark.
(b) 1500 meter mark.
(c) 1000 meter mark.
(d) 1200 meter mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Biglow?
2. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
3. What college did Wood oar for?
4. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
5. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)