|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what magazine did Lewis read an article about Wood?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
2. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
3. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After the Spanish American War.
(c) After World War I.
(d) After World War II.
4. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
5. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) As many as 500 hours.
(b) About 300 hours.
(c) About 700 hours.
(d) As many as 475 hours.
6. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
7. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
8. What college did Wood oar for?
(d) Boston University.
9. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
10. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
11. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
12. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
13. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
14. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
15. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 75 minutes.
(b) 130 minutes.
(c) 220 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
4. How tall was Lewis?
5. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)