|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
6. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
7. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 30 to 35 miles.
(b) 13 to 14 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 20 to 22 miles.
8. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Christopher Wood.
(b) Joe Bouscaren.
(c) Charley Altekruse.
(d) John Biglow.
9. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
10. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(b) Actuarial expert.
(c) Configuration expert.
11. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
12. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $75 a week.
(b) $15 a week.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $25 a week.
13. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
14. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) T. Lazarus.
(b) R. Van Winkle.
(c) C. Dickens.
(d) L. Tolstoy.
15. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
2. Who did Biglow go to visit after the finals?
3. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
4. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
5. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)