|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Biglow go to visit after the finals?
(a) Grandmother Biglow.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
2. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
3. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
5. How old was Biglow when he won a bronze in a world regatta?
6. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Stanford University Medical School.
(c) Cornell Medical School.
(d) Dartmouth Medical School.
7. Where was Biglow from?
(d) San Francisco.
8. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(c) Air Force.
9. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Cracked rib.
(b) Torn rotator cuff.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Bad back.
10. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Boston University.
(b) Broward College.
(c) Williams College.
(d) Strayer University.
11. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 7 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 12 percent.
12. What did Lewis pay Mitch to accompany him to Princeton?
13. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
14. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) As many as 600.
(b) As many 800.
(c) Over 700.
(d) About 400.
15. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(d) New Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
2. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
3. Where was Brad Lewis from?
4. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
5. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)