|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32, 33 & The Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 7 seconds.
(d) 4 seconds.
2. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 6 liters.
(b) 5 liters.
(c) 3 liters.
(d) 4 liters.
4. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
(a) Torn jeans.
(c) Cut off shorts.
(d) Sleeveless t-shirts.
5. At the Olympics, whose shoes did Lewis want to fill?
(a) The East Germans.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) The West Germans.
(d) The Yugoslavs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more miles did Lewis row after reading an article about Wood in a magazine?
2. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
3. When Enquist and Lewis rowed a double at Duisburg, what place did they take?
4. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
5. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)