|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32, 33 & The Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Ryan and Belinn.
(d) Phillips and Minner.
2. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
3. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(b) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(c) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
(d) Went off by himself.
4. Where had Lewis watched rowers at the Olympic games in 1976?
(c) Mexico City.
5. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
(a) The Daily Free Press.
(b) The Daily Princetonian.
(c) Yale Daily News.
(d) The Harvard Crimson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather came in while Wood was rowing on the Sunday of the finals?
2. Where was Gary Reid from?
3. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
4. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)