|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32, 33 & The Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 220 minutes.
(c) 130 minutes.
(d) 75 minutes.
2. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) First place.
(b) Fourth place.
(c) Second place.
(d) Third place.
3. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
(c) Mister Coach.
(d) Mister Tony.
4. Which country had the best quad in the world?
(a) Soviet Union.
(c) West Germany.
5. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
(b) He won the fall regatta.
(c) It was taking him less time to recover.
(d) He was regularly beating Svensson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
2. What did Lewis drive during the time that he and Enquist were practicing the double in 1983?
3. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
4. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)