|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 & 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 3 to 4 years.
(b) 5 to 6 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
2. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) R. Van Winkle.
(b) L. Tolstoy.
(c) C. Dickens.
(d) T. Lazarus.
3. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 165 pounds.
(b) 170 pounds.
(c) 175 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
4. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Who was stroking the quad at the finals?
(a) Tiff Wood.
(b) Paul Enquist.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) Charley Bracken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
2. Where would the international regatta be held after the Olympic trials?
3. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
4. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
5. How much did Lewis pay for a stand-room ticket to watch the final of the single sculls when he attended the Olympics in 1976?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)