|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
2. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) Rowing in the United States.
(b) America Rows.
(c) United States Rowing.
(d) Rowing USA.
3. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
4. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) R. Van Winkle.
(b) T. Lazarus.
(c) L. Tolstoy.
(d) C. Dickens.
5. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
2. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
5. What did Carl Lewis collect?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)