|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) L. Tolstoy.
(b) R. Van Winkle.
(c) T. Lazarus.
(d) C. Dickens.
3. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 12 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 7 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
4. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
5. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) Rowing in the United States.
(b) Rowing USA.
(c) United States Rowing.
(d) America Rows.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Biglows move West?
2. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
3. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
4. After college, where did Enquist work for a few months?
5. How much did Biglow weigh?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)