|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 220 minutes.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 130 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
2. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) J.P. Morgan.
(b) John D. Rockefeller.
(c) W.K .Kellogg.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After World War I.
(b) After the Spanish American War.
(c) After World War II.
(d) After the Civil War.
5. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) About 400.
(b) Over 700.
(c) As many as 600.
(d) As many 800.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many oarsmen were invited to the team rowing camp?
2. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
3. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
4. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
5. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)