|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Torn rotator cuff.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) Bad back.
(d) Cracked rib.
2. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 7 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) John Biglow.
5. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Stanford University Medical School.
(b) Cornell Medical School.
(c) Dartmouth Medical School.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
2. What did Lewis's cousin Mitch usually wear?
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
4. How much did a scull weigh?
5. How tall was Enquist?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)