|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
2. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) He won the fall regatta.
(b) It was taking him less time to recover.
(c) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
(d) He was regularly beating Svensson.
3. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
(a) 525 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 375 pounds.
(d) 405 pounds.
4. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
5. In what magazine did Lewis read an article about Wood?
(d) Sports Illustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
2. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
3. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
4. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
5. How much did Biglow weigh?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)