|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) Christopher Wood.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Charley Altekruse.
2. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) Rowing in the United States.
(b) Rowing USA.
(c) America Rows.
(d) United States Rowing.
3. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
4. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) As many as 600.
(b) As many 800.
(c) About 400.
(d) Over 700.
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Biglows move West?
2. What college did Wood oar for?
3. Who was the person that Lewis worked with most of the time when he was rowing?
4. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
5. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)