|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
2. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
3. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(c) Antique automobiles.
(d) Antiques and crystal.
4. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 220 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 75 minutes.
(d) 130 minutes.
5. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
2. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
3. How much weight could Lewis lift in the dead lift?
4. When did the Biglows move West?
5. How fast could a scull move per hour?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)