|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
2. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
3. Which branch of the service did Harry Parker serve in?
(d) Air Force.
4. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 30 pounds.
(b) Just under 20 pounds.
(c) Just under 40 pounds.
(d) Just under 50 pounds.
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Boston and Philadelphia.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) New York and Washington, D.C.
(d) Hartford and New Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
2. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)