|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 5 liters.
(b) 6 liters.
(c) 3 liters.
(d) 4 liters.
2. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) As many as 600.
(b) About 400.
(c) Over 700.
(d) As many 800.
3. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Peter Preston.
(b) Andrew Brignon.
(c) Joe Burk.
(d) Charles Watson.
4. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
5. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
2. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
3. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
4. How much did Biglow weigh?
5. How much did a scull weigh?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)