|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) R. Van Winkle.
(b) L. Tolstoy.
(c) T. Lazarus.
(d) C. Dickens.
2. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
3. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
4. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
5. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
2. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
4. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
5. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)