|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
2. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Boston and Philadelphia.
(d) Hartford and New Haven.
4. What was the new name for the publication "The Oarsman"?
(a) Rowing in the United States.
(b) United States Rowing.
(c) America Rows.
(d) Rowing USA.
5. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
2. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
3. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
4. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
5. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)