|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
2. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
3. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 12 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 7 percent.
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) Hartford and New Haven.
(c) Boston and Philadelphia.
(d) New York and Washington, D.C.
5. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Cornell Medical School.
(b) Stanford University Medical School.
(c) Harvard Medical School.
(d) Dartmouth Medical School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
2. When Shealy was on the Harvard crew, by how many lengths did Harvard beat the University of Washington?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
5. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)