|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
2. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale four.
(b) A Yale double.
(c) Single sculler.
(d) A Yale eight.
4. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(b) Antique automobiles.
(c) Antiques and crystal.
5. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 30 to 35 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 20 to 22 miles.
(d) 13 to 14 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Biglow weigh?
2. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
3. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
4. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)