|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
2. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(c) New Haven.
3. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
4. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
5. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
(a) The Harvard Crimson.
(b) Yale Daily News.
(c) The Daily Princetonian.
(d) The Daily Free Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
2. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
3. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
4. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
5. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)