|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
(d) Boston University.
2. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
3. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Andrew Brignon.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) Peter Preston.
(d) Charles Watson.
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 3 to 4 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
5. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
2. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
3. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
4. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
5. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)