|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
(d) Boston University.
2. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Ryan and Belinn.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(d) Air Force.
5. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After World War II.
(c) After World War I.
(d) After the Spanish American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
2. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
4. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
5. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)