|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 3 liters.
(b) 4 liters.
(c) 5 liters.
(d) 6 liters.
2. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
3. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
4. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The prestige.
(b) The money.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) The competition.
5. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) New Haven, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Hartford, Connecticut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
2. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
3. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
4. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
5. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)