|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
2. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 3 to 4 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
3. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(c) Antique automobiles.
(d) Antiques and crystal.
4. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
2. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
3. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
4. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
5. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)