|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 30 to 35 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 13 to 14 miles.
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 4 liters.
(b) 3 liters.
(c) 6 liters.
(d) 5 liters.
5. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Bouscaren try when he first came to Yale?
2. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
4. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. Where was Biglow from?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)