|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
(a) Boston University.
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 7 days.
3. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 7 to 8 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 5 to 6 years.
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 40 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
3. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
4. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
5. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)