|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After World War I.
(b) After the Civil War.
(c) After World War II.
(d) After the Spanish American War.
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $25 a week.
(d) $75 a week.
3. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
(a) Boston University.
(b) Williams College.
(c) Broward College.
(d) Strayer University.
4. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
5. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
2. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
3. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
4. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)