|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) R. Van Winkle.
(b) L. Tolstoy.
(c) T. Lazarus.
(d) C. Dickens.
2. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
3. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale double.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale four.
(d) A Yale eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
2. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
3. How much did a scull weigh?
4. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
5. When did Bouscaren graduate from Yale?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)