|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Christopher Wood.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad back.
(b) Cracked rib.
(c) Torn rotator cuff.
(d) Bad knees.
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 6 liters.
(b) 5 liters.
(c) 4 liters.
(d) 3 liters.
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
5. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 1 inch.
(b) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(c) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 4 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
4. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
5. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)