|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 7 percent.
(d) 12 percent.
4. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
5. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Peter Preston.
(b) Joe Burk.
(c) Andrew Brignon.
(d) Charles Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
5. How much did Biglow weigh?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)