|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The prestige.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) The money.
(d) The competition.
2. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
3. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) First place.
(b) Second place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) Third place.
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 7 years.
(b) Some 14 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 20 years.
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) New York and Washington, D.C.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Biglows move West?
2. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
4. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
5. How fast could a scull move per hour?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)