|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 190 pounds.
(d) 185 pounds.
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Cracked rib.
(b) Torn rotator cuff.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Bad back.
3. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(b) Actuarial expert.
(c) Configuration expert.
4. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale double.
(b) A Yale eight.
(c) A Yale four.
(d) Single sculler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
2. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
3. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
4. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
5. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)