|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 3 to 4 years.
(b) 7 to 8 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 5 to 6 years.
4. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(c) Boston University.
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Hartford and New Haven.
(b) Boston and Philadelphia.
(c) Seattle and Portland.
(d) New York and Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Wood oar for?
2. What did Carl Lewis collect?
3. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
4. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
5. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)