|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 220 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 75 minutes.
(d) 130 minutes.
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
2. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
3. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
4. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
5. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)