|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Joe Bouscaren.
(d) John Biglow.
2. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Cornell Medical School.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Dartmouth Medical School.
(d) Stanford University Medical School.
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale four.
(b) A Yale eight.
(c) A Yale double.
(d) Single sculler.
4. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(b) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(c) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 1 inch.
5. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
2. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
3. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
5. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)