|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
2. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) As many as 500 hours.
(b) About 300 hours.
(c) About 700 hours.
(d) As many as 475 hours.
3. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 30 pounds.
(b) Just under 20 pounds.
(c) Just under 40 pounds.
(d) Just under 50 pounds.
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) First place.
(b) Second place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) Third place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
2. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
3. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
4. How tall was Biglow?
5. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)