|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Brokerage firm.
(b) Insurance company.
(c) Engineering firm.
(d) Consulting firm.
2. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Brad Lewis.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
3. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
4. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 30 pounds.
(b) Just under 40 pounds.
(c) Just under 50 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
5. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) John Biglow.
(c) Charley Altekruse.
(d) Christopher Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
2. How much did Biglow weigh?
3. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
4. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
5. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)