|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
2. Where was Biglow from?
(d) San Francisco.
3. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(b) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(c) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 1 inch.
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Hartford and New Haven.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) New York and Washington, D.C.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
5. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 300 hours.
(b) As many as 475 hours.
(c) As many as 500 hours.
(d) About 700 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
2. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
3. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
4. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
5. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)