|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Fourth place.
(b) First place.
(c) Second place.
(d) Third place.
2. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Christopher Wood.
(b) Joe Bouscaren.
(c) Charley Altekruse.
(d) John Biglow.
3. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
4. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 12 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
2. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
3. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
4. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
5. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)