|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
2. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
3. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
4. When did the Biglows move West?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After World War II.
(c) After the Spanish American War.
(d) After World War I.
5. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 7 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
2. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
3. Where was Biglow from?
4. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
5. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)