|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Cracked rib.
(d) Torn rotator cuff.
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 30 to 35 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 13 to 14 miles.
(d) 20 to 22 miles.
3. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
4. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $75 a week.
(d) $25 a week.
5. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
2. How much time might Wood race in a year?
3. When did the Biglows move West?
4. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)