|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
(b) San Francisco.
2. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) As many 800.
(b) About 400.
(c) As many as 600.
(d) Over 700.
3. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Brokerage firm.
(b) Insurance company.
(c) Engineering firm.
(d) Consulting firm.
4. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Hartford and New Haven.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) Boston and Philadelphia.
(d) New York and Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
2. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
3. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
4. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
5. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)