|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
(a) As many 800.
(b) Over 700.
(c) About 400.
(d) As many as 600.
2. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
(a) The Daily Princetonian.
(b) The Daily Free Press.
(c) The Harvard Crimson.
(d) Yale Daily News.
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 5 liters.
(b) 3 liters.
(c) 4 liters.
(d) 6 liters.
4. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The prestige.
(b) The competition.
(c) The money.
(d) The Olympics.
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) Third place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) First place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
3. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
4. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
5. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)