|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale four.
(b) A Yale double.
(c) A Yale eight.
(d) Single sculler.
2. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) John Biglow.
3. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(a) Boston University.
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time might Wood race in a year?
2. How much did Biglow weigh?
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
4. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
5. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)