|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 300 hours.
(b) As many as 500 hours.
(c) As many as 475 hours.
(d) About 700 hours.
2. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale double.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale four.
(d) A Yale eight.
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 5 to 8 miles.
(b) 13 to 14 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 20 to 22 miles.
4. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
5. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(b) 6 ft. 1 inch.
(c) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(d) 5 ft. 11 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
2. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
3. How much did Biglow weigh?
4. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
5. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)