|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(b) Boston University.
2. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
3. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
4. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Insurance company.
(b) Consulting firm.
(c) Engineering firm.
(d) Brokerage firm.
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Boston and Philadelphia.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) New York and Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Biglow weigh?
2. Where was Biglow from?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
4. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)