|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Third place.
(b) Fourth place.
(c) Second place.
(d) First place.
2. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
3. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Phillips and Minner.
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 1 to 2 years.
(b) 7 to 8 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 5 to 6 years.
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
3. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)