|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 20 to 22 miles.
(b) 13 to 14 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
2. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Ryan and Belinn.
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) John Biglow.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) First place.
(c) Third place.
(d) Fourth place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
3. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
4. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
5. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)