|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
2. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
3. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
4. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale four.
(b) A Yale eight.
(c) Single sculler.
(d) A Yale double.
5. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The prestige.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) The competition.
(d) The money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
2. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
5. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)