|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) John Biglow.
(b) Joe Bouscaren.
(c) Christopher Wood.
(d) Charley Altekruse.
3. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(c) Configuration expert.
(d) Actuarial expert.
4. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Princeton, New Jersey.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
5. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 7 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
3. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
4. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)