|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) Fourth place.
(c) Third place.
(d) First place.
2. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) John Biglow.
(c) Brad Lewis.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
4. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Consulting firm.
(b) Engineering firm.
(c) Brokerage firm.
(d) Insurance company.
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Phillips and Minner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
2. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
3. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
4. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
5. Where was Biglow from?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)