|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 3 to 4 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 5 to 6 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
2. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Engineering firm.
(b) Consulting firm.
(c) Insurance company.
(d) Brokerage firm.
3. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) Third place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) First place.
4. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
5. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 5 to 8 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
2. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
3. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
4. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
5. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)