|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(a) Actuarial expert.
(d) Configuration expert.
2. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
3. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Cracked rib.
(b) Torn rotator cuff.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Bad back.
4. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The competition.
(b) The prestige.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) The money.
5. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
(a) Insurance company.
(b) Consulting firm.
(c) Engineering firm.
(d) Brokerage firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
2. What college did Wood oar for?
3. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)