|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) First place.
(b) Second place.
(c) Third place.
(d) Fourth place.
2. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 7 years.
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 1 to 2 years.
(b) 5 to 6 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale double.
(b) A Yale four.
(c) A Yale eight.
(d) Single sculler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
2. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
4. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
5. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)