|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $6 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $10 million.
2. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Christopher Wood.
(b) Joe Bouscaren.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Charley Altekruse.
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(d) Shealy and Cashin.
5. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
2. What college did Wood oar for?
3. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
5. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)