|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
2. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) New York and Washington, D.C.
(b) Seattle and Portland.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 20 years.
(b) Some 7 years.
(c) Some 14 years.
(d) Some 12 years.
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
2. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
4. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
5. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)