|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Hartford and New Haven.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Seattle and Portland.
(d) Boston and Philadelphia.
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $25 a week.
(b) $15 a week.
(c) $75 a week.
(d) $50 a week.
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) Brad Lewis.
(c) Joe Bouscaren.
(d) John Biglow.
4. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Third place.
(b) First place.
(c) Second place.
(d) Fourth place.
5. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
2. What college did Wood oar for?
3. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)