|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(d) Ryan and Belinn.
2. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) New York and Washington, D.C.
(c) Boston and Philadelphia.
(d) Hartford and New Haven.
3. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(a) Actuarial expert.
(c) Configuration expert.
4. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $75 a week.
(b) $25 a week.
(c) $15 a week.
(d) $50 a week.
5. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 20 years.
(b) Some 14 years.
(c) Some 7 years.
(d) Some 12 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
3. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
4. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
5. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)