|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
2. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 30 pounds.
(b) Just under 50 pounds.
(c) Just under 20 pounds.
(d) Just under 40 pounds.
3. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 1 to 2 years.
(b) 3 to 4 years.
(c) 5 to 6 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Phillips and Minner.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Ryan and Belinn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
3. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
4. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)