|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) Bad back.
(c) Cracked rib.
(d) Torn rotator cuff.
2. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
(a) Boston University.
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale double.
(b) A Yale four.
(c) A Yale eight.
(d) Single sculler.
4. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
5. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)