|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 & 2 Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 20 to 22 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 5 to 8 miles.
2. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Charley Altekruse.
(b) Christopher Wood.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Joe Bouscaren.
3. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $75 a week.
(d) $25 a week.
4. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
5. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) Torn rotator cuff.
(c) Bad back.
(d) Cracked rib.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
2. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
3. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
4. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
5. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)