|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) John Biglow.
(c) Charley Altekruse.
(d) Christopher Wood.
2. In the fall of 1983, what sign did Lewis see that indicated to him that he had reached world-class status?
(a) His speed for his Lidos had dropped in half.
(b) He was regularly beating Svensson.
(c) It was taking him less time to recover.
(d) He won the fall regatta.
3. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. What did it cost Lewis to attend the Princeton weekend?
5. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 12 years.
(b) Some 14 years.
(c) Some 7 years.
(d) Some 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
2. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
3. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
5. Where was Brad Lewis from?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)