Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) Joe Bouscaren.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) John Biglow.
(d) Christopher Wood.
2. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Stanford University Medical School.
(c) Cornell Medical School.
(d) Dartmouth Medical School.
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) New York and Washington, D.C.
(b) Boston and Philadelphia.
(c) Hartford and New Haven.
(d) Seattle and Portland.
5. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
2. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
3. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
4. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
5. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)