Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
(a) Seattle and Portland.
(b) Boston and Philadelphia.
(c) New York and Washington, D.C.
(d) Hartford and New Haven.
2. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 190 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
3. Where was Biglow from?
(c) San Francisco.
4. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carl Lewis collect?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
3. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
4. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
5. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)