|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 & 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lewis nickname Altekruse's and Bouscaren's boat?
(a) The Smooth Boat.
(b) The Bug Boat.
(c) The Love Boat.
(d) The Rough Boat.
2. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
3. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
4. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
(a) 6 ft. 5 in.
(b) 6 ft. 6 in.
(c) 6 ft. 4 in.
(d) 6 ft. 7 in.
5. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(a) Configuration expert.
(b) Actuarial expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
2. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
3. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
5. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)