|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Fourth place.
(b) Second place.
(c) First place.
(d) Third place.
2. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
3. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(d) New Haven.
4. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(b) Antiques and crystal.
(d) Antique automobiles.
5. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Ryan and Belinn.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
2. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
3. Biglow and Bouscaren were staying with Donald Beer. When did Beer graduate from Yale?
4. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
5. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)