|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
3. How much money was brought into town when the Olympic trials were held in Chapter 1?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $6 million.
(d) $7 million.
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(c) Phillips and Minner.
(d) Ryan and Belinn.
5. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(b) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(c) 6 ft. 1 inch.
(d) 6 ft. 4 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
2. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
3. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
4. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)