|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale eight.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale four.
(d) A Yale double.
2. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
4. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
5. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
2. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
3. How much time might Wood race in a year?
4. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
5. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)