|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(c) New Haven.
2. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
3. How many liters of oxygen could a world-class rower take in per minute?
(a) 3 liters.
(b) 4 liters.
(c) 5 liters.
(d) 6 liters.
4. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
5. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
2. How tall was Biglow?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
4. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
5. How much time might Wood race in a year?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)