|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 years.
2. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
3. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 30 pounds.
(b) Just under 50 pounds.
(c) Just under 40 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
4. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) John D. Rockefeller.
(b) J.P. Morgan.
(c) W.K .Kellogg.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
5. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did Wood exercise in a year?
2. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
4. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
5. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)