|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 50 pounds.
(b) Just under 20 pounds.
(c) Just under 40 pounds.
(d) Just under 30 pounds.
2. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Second place.
(b) Fourth place.
(c) First place.
(d) Third place.
3. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) New Haven, Connecticut.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
4. What job had Wood had in Hartford?
(a) Configuration expert.
(b) Actuarial expert.
5. When did Woodrow Wilson approach a philanthropist and ask for a donation for the Princeton law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
2. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
3. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)