|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 7 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 14 years.
2. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) New Haven, Connecticut.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
3. In the late 1870s, how much money might a top sculler make per year in purses?
4. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
5. Who was the favorite to win the right to represent the United States in the single sculls for the 1984 Olympic games?
(a) John Biglow.
(b) Christopher Wood.
(c) Joe Bouscaren.
(d) Charley Altekruse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood pay for a brand-new scull in the spring before the Olympic trials?
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
3. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
5. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)