|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
2. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
(a) W.K .Kellogg.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) John D. Rockefeller.
3. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
4. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 20 to 22 miles.
(b) 13 to 14 miles.
(c) 5 to 8 miles.
(d) 30 to 35 miles.
5. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
2. What year did the U.S. boycott the summer Olympic games?
3. How many hours did Wood practice?
4. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
5. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)