|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did Wood practice?
(a) About 700 hours.
(b) About 300 hours.
(c) As many as 500 hours.
(d) As many as 475 hours.
2. When had Christopher Wood been the captain of the Olympic rowing team?
3. Who did the U.S. hockey team beat in the 1980 winter Olympics?
4. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
(a) $50 a week.
(b) $75 a week.
(c) $25 a week.
(d) $15 a week.
5. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
(a) John Biglow.
(b) Charley Altekruse.
(c) Joe Bouscaren.
(d) Brad Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Wood and his teammates once spend apiece to stay in a room at the Princeton Motor Lodge?
2. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
3. What college did Biglow and Bouscaren row for?
4. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
5. When had Christopher Wood been a spare on an Olympic team, before 1984?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)