|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
2. How much did Wood and Altekruse spend when they drove from Cambridge to the 1984 Olympic game trials?
3. What did Carl Lewis collect?
(a) Antique automobiles.
(c) Antiques and crystal.
4. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(b) New Haven.
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
2. Who donated the money for the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
3. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
4. Where were the Olympic trials held in Chapter 1?
5. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)