|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Biglow weigh?
(a) 190 pounds.
(b) 185 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
2. How much time might Wood race in a year?
(a) 130 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 75 minutes.
(d) 220 minutes.
3. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
5. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
2. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
5. What physical problems had bothered Biglow that interfered with his rowing?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)