|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) Single sculler.
(b) A Yale four.
(c) A Yale eight.
(d) A Yale double.
2. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 7 percent.
(c) 12 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
3. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Ryan and Belinn.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
4. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(b) 5 ft. 11 inches.
(c) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(d) 6 ft. 1 inch.
5. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Biglow from?
2. How much would Wood have allowed Biglow to pay to rent the new scull that he bought?
3. How much time might Wood race in a year?
4. Which cities were the most serious rowing cities in America?
5. How old was Christopher Wood during the time of the 1984 Olympic game trials?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)