|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
2. Who was President the year that the U.S. boycotted the summer Olympic games?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 14 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 12 years.
(d) Some 7 years.
4. What was the name of the day school that Biglow attended?
5. How much money was donated to dam a stream to make the lake where the 1984 Olympic trials took place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
2. By which decade was the marriage between sports and television virtually complete?
3. What did Carl Lewis collect?
4. Where did Bouscaren go to medical school?
5. What sport did Carl Lewis participate in that reportedly allowed him to earn $1 million a year in appearance fees and endorsements?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)