|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) L. Tolstoy.
(b) T. Lazarus.
(c) C. Dickens.
(d) R. Van Winkle.
2. Prior to the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that an American won gold in rowing?
3. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
(d) Cross-country skiing.
4. What branch of service was Bouscaren's father in during World War II?
(d) Air Force.
5. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 19 inches.
(b) 15 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 17 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
2. Where was Dan Goldberg from?
3. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
4. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
5. What was Biglow's first choice for college?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)