|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(b) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
2. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
(a) Fourth place.
(b) First place.
(c) Second place.
(d) Third place.
3. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
4. What name did Harry Parker use once when he anonymously entered the Head of the Charles regatta?
(a) T. Lazarus.
(b) L. Tolstoy.
(c) R. Van Winkle.
(d) C. Dickens.
5. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 1500 meter mark.
(b) 500 meter mark.
(c) 1000 meter mark.
(d) 1200 meter mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
2. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
3. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
4. Where did Biglow go after the finals?
5. What type of a business did Wood work for after leaving Hartford?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)