|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) San Diego.
2. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
(a) Joe Burk.
(b) Andrew Brignon.
(c) Peter Preston.
(d) Charles Watson.
3. Where did Wood transfer to after working in Hartford?
(a) New Haven.
4. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 7 to 8 years.
(d) 3 to 4 years.
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale eight.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale double.
(d) A Yale four.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
2. How much higher was Biglow's erg score than his teammates' scores?
3. When a race was over and Wood had rowed at his peak, how long would it take his body to physically replenish?
4. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
5. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)