|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Anthony Bouscaren's religious beliefs?
2. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 13 to 14 miles.
(b) 5 to 8 miles.
(c) 30 to 35 miles.
(d) 20 to 22 miles.
3. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
(a) 1500 meter mark.
(b) 500 meter mark.
(c) 1200 meter mark.
(d) 1000 meter mark.
5. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the record that Cunningham and his crew set for a twelve-boat regatta stand?
2. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
3. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
4. What did Biglow call his rowing coach at Yale?
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)