|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
(a) 6 ft. 4 in.
(b) 6 ft. 5 in.
(c) 6 ft. 7 in.
(d) 6 ft. 6 in.
2. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 17 inches.
(b) 15 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 19 inches.
3. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
4. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
(a) The money.
(b) The prestige.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) The competition.
5. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale four.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale eight.
(d) A Yale double.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
2. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
5. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)