|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(b) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
(c) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(d) Went off by himself.
2. How old was Bouscaren's mother when she died?
3. Where did Biglow and a friend named Paul Most go to enter a regatta one summer?
(b) New Haven.
4. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
5. What coach made the comment that Biglow was chopping wood when he was rowing?
(a) George Pocock.
(b) Frank Cunningham.
(c) Joe Burk.
(d) Charley McIntyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
2. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
3. What year did Biglow graduate from college?
4. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
5. By the time of the trials for the 1984 Olympics, how long had it been since Wood graduated from college?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)