|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Karl Adam, coach of the Ratzeburg oarsmen, become an influential figure in America?
2. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 7 to 8 years.
(b) 3 to 4 years.
(c) 5 to 6 years.
(d) 1 to 2 years.
3. How fast could a scull move per hour?
(a) 5 to 8 miles.
(b) 30 to 35 miles.
(c) 20 to 22 miles.
(d) 13 to 14 miles.
4. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Phillips and Minner.
(b) Ryan and Belinn.
(c) Shealy and Cashin.
(d) Bucklin and Carpenter.
5. How much did Frank Cunningham weigh when he returned to Harvard after the war?
(a) 165 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 170 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
2. Who was the Harvard sweep oarsman who had a tough time dealing with the mental adjustment to sculling?
3. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
4. How long would each oarsman row when on the ergometer?
5. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)