|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Harry Parker encourage rowers to take up because it built up athletic endurance?
(a) Cross-country skiing.
2. When did Cunningham and Biglow have a major confrontation?
3. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went off by himself.
(b) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(c) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(d) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
4. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
(a) Some 7 years.
(b) Some 20 years.
(c) Some 14 years.
(d) Some 12 years.
5. How much older was Wood than most of his competitors?
(a) 5 to 6 years.
(b) 1 to 2 years.
(c) 3 to 4 years.
(d) 7 to 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
2. How tall was Frank Cunningham when he returned to Harvard after the war?
3. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
4. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
5. As the 1984 Olympics approached, how long had it been since the United States had had a serious chance to win an Olympic medal?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)