|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did a scull weigh?
(a) Just under 40 pounds.
(b) Just under 30 pounds.
(c) Just under 50 pounds.
(d) Just under 20 pounds.
2. How tall was Biglow?
(a) 6 ft. 1 inch.
(b) 6 ft. 4 inches.
(c) 6 ft. 3 inches.
(d) 5 ft. 11 inches.
3. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale eight.
(b) A Yale four.
(c) Single sculler.
(d) A Yale double.
4. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
5. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast could a scull move per hour?
2. What reason did Wood's father believe kept Wood rowing?
3. How long did most young men compete in rowing?
4. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
5. What had the American scullers won for the past three years, before the 1984 Olympic trials?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)