|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the 1984 Olympics, when was the last time that a bronze had been won by an American in the single sculls?
2. When Donald Beer won an Olympic gold medal, what rowing event did he compete in?
(a) A Yale eight.
(b) Single sculler.
(c) A Yale four.
(d) A Yale double.
3. Who were two well-known teammates that Wood had crewed with in college?
(a) Shealy and Cashin.
(b) Phillips and Minner.
(c) Bucklin and Carpenter.
(d) Ryan and Belinn.
4. How wide was a rowing scull?
(a) 12 inches.
(b) 19 inches.
(c) 15 inches.
(d) 17 inches.
5. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(b) West Germany.
(c) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the person that Biglow visited after the finals?
2. Who was Harry Parker's greatest role model?
3. How long had Harry Parker been Wood's coach on and off?
4. Which of Biglow's years in high school did he not row?
5. How much did Biglow weigh?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)