|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22, 23 & 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Karppinen first win an Olympic gold medal?
2. On the Monday after the finals, which country pulled out of the 1984 Olympics?
(a) Soviet Union.
(d) West Germany.
3. By how many seconds did Biglow beat Gary Reid in the rep?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 7 seconds.
(c) 4 seconds.
(d) 3 seconds.
4. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
5. If Biglow did not qualify for the semi in his first race at the Olympic camp, how many days might he have of back-to-back racing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
2. How old was Biglow when he won a bronze in a world regatta?
3. When Dietz and Wood came to Princeton for the double race, how many days had they been practicing together?
4. Where was the most revealing image that Steve Kiesling ever saw published of John Biglow?
5. How old was Biglow when he first rowed in a single scull?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)