|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22, 23 & 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Pertti Karppinen?
(a) 6 ft. 4 in.
(b) 6 ft. 5 in.
(c) 6 ft. 6 in.
(d) 6 ft. 7 in.
2. How long was the annual rowing race between Yale and Harvard?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
3. What was Biglow's grade point average when he graduated from Yale?
4. Near what town would Biglow be rowing in the Olympics?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(d) San Diego.
5. What did Wood do after losing the final?
(a) Went off by himself.
(b) Went for a long walk with his fiancee.
(c) Took his fiancee to dinner.
(d) Had a tailgate picnic with his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strokes did Wood take in the final and realize that he was rowing the wrong race?
2. How wide was a rowing scull?
3. Where was Gary Reid from?
4. At what mark did Lewis surge ahead of Bouscaren in the finals?
5. What type of drinks were featured in a commercial that ABC aired during the sculling race?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)