|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the team begin to suspect the killer lived as a child?
2. What is the name of the hospital Kreizler visits in D.C.?
3. In Chapter 26, the team realizes that the killer is what?
4. In the final chapter, Moore says Marcus and Lucius live where?
5. What is the name of the expert Moore and Kreizler talk to in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John end up being sent to St. Elizabeth's Asylum?
2. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
3. What clue do Moore and Kreizler uncover on a trip to Washington D.C.?
4. What happens when Moore and Kreizler attend the opera on the night when the killer is supposed to strike?
5. How does the investigative team know that the killer is bald?
6. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
7. What bad news do Moore and Kreizler receive in Chapter 36?
8. Describe Moore's meeting with two local bishops when he is investigating the boy prostitute murders.
9. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
10. Why does Kreizler surprise Moore one day by taking him on a long train trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the use of socioeconomic statuses and racial tensions in the novel. Where do you see class differences? Why are the distinctions important to the story? How are immigrants treated in the story? What about Native Americans? What do you think the author might be trying to say about the societal issues at the time when the story takes place?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the team's visit with Adam Dury. How does Adam react when Moore and Kreizler first show up at his door? Why do you think he acts this way? What tone is set during their introductions? What does the team learn from Adam?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)