|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Adam and his wife have?
2. Who was Pomeroy locked up for murdering?
3. In Chapter 26, the team realizes that the killer is what?
4. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
5. The team discovers the location of Beecham's apartment after visiting a bar where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John die?
2. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
3. What does Dr. Wissler tell Moore and Kreizler about Indian mutilations?
4. How does Moore find himself knocked unconscious at the Croton Reservoir?
5. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
6. What information does Sara uncover about the New Paltz murders?
7. What do Moore and Kreizler learn from Adam Dury?
8. What do the Isaacsons learn while in Chicago?
9. Why does Kreizler surprise Moore one day by taking him on a long train trip?
10. What bad news do Moore and Kreizler receive in Chapter 36?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of the first-person perspective used for the novel. Why do you think the author felt this was the best perspective for this novel? How would the novel be different if the story was told from an omniscient, third-person perspective? What relevant information would we have missed if the novel was told this way? How might this way also be more beneficial?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the novel. How does he drive the plot? Discuss the ways the story benefits from having a real person as a character. What disadvantages are there to this usage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)