|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final chapter, Moore says Sara lives where?
2. Who kills Mary?
3. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
4. What is Beecham's first job at the census?
5. Who holds a gun to the killer's head when he is being interrogated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do city officials kidnap Moore and Kreizler?
2. What bad news do Moore and Kreizler receive in Chapter 36?
3. What does Dr. Wissler tell Moore and Kreizler about Indian mutilations?
4. How does Moore find himself knocked unconscious at the Croton Reservoir?
5. What clue do Moore and Kreizler uncover on a trip to Washington D.C.?
6. Why does Kreizler surprise Moore one day by taking him on a long train trip?
7. How does Morgan feel about Moore and Kreizler's investigation?
8. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
9. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
10. What do Moore and Kreizler learn from Adam Dury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the significance of Joseph in the story. What role does Joseph play in the narrative of the story? How does he relate to Moore? What does his character reveal about Moore? Why is his death significant?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the team's visit with Adam Dury. How does Adam react when Moore and Kreizler first show up at his door? Why do you think he acts this way? What tone is set during their introductions? What does the team learn from Adam?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the use of foreshadowing in the novel. Choose at least two instances of foreshadowing and expand on them. How was the foreshadowed issue addressed later in the novel? Why do you think Carr chooses to use foreshadowing in these instances?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)