|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is getting coffee when a member of the team is beaten?
2. In Chapter 26, the team realizes that the killer is what?
3. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
4. What is Pomeroy's first name?
5. In the final chapter, Moore says Marcus and Lucius live where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the use of historically accurate aspects in the novel. What historically accurate events, places, people, or ideas have you noticed throughout the book? What techniques does the author use to paint a historically accurate picture of New York City at this time? What tone do you think Carr is trying to create?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the team's visit with Adam Dury. How does Adam react when Moore and Kreizler first show up at his door? Why do you think he acts this way? What tone is set during their introductions? What does the team learn from Adam?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)