|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When looking for Beecham's apartment, the team finds an elderly woman with what kind of pets?
2. What is the name of the older brother whose parents were murdered in 1880?
3. In Chapter 22, how many bishops does Moore meet with?
4. The team realizes Beecham and Japheth are related how?
5. What method of transportation does Moore use to visit Pomeroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
2. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
3. Why do city officials kidnap Moore and Kreizler?
4. What do Lucius and Marcus find when they autopsy John's body?
5. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
6. Why does Marcus become excited when he sees that the killer left the third murdered boy prostitute's eye in tact?
7. What does Kreizler tell Moore about Mary after they get shot at?
8. What does Dr. Wissler tell Moore and Kreizler about Indian mutilations?
9. How does the investigative team know that the killer is bald?
10. What happens when Moore and Kreizler attend the opera on the night when the killer is supposed to strike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of secondary characters in the story. Why do you think there are so many secondary characters in the novel? What tone do they create? Why do you think the author introduces them all so soon in the narrative? What purpose might this serve?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)