|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father murdered in New York in 1880 had what profession?
2. Where do Moore and Kreizler wake up in Chapter 30?
3. How old is Beecham when he joins the military?
4. Pomeroy holds Moore captive with what?
5. What body part of the victim found in Chapter 26 does Marcus want to photograph?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the fact that the team eventually realizes that the killer fits perfectly into the psychological profile they have constructed. How do they come to these conclusions? How do they react when their theories start becoming realities? Why do you think Carr makes the killer fit their profile so exactly? What point is he trying to make?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your feelings about the way the novel ended. What stands out most to you about the ending? Are you satisfied with the way the story ends? Why or why not? What might you change about the ending?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)