|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Moore and Kreizler permission to continue their investigation, against the wishes of his peers?
2. Under what unusual circumstance was Japheth born?
3. What is Beecham's first job at the census?
4. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a former police commissioner named what?
5. The father murdered in New York in 1880 had what profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
2. What do Moore and Kreizler learn from Adam Dury?
3. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
4. How does John die?
5. How does Moore find himself knocked unconscious at the Croton Reservoir?
6. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
7. What information does Sara uncover about the New Paltz murders?
8. What does Sara share with Moore about Kreizler's childhood?
9. What do the Isaacsons learn while in Chicago?
10. What does Dr. Wissler tell Moore and Kreizler about Indian mutilations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your feelings about the way the novel ended. What stands out most to you about the ending? Are you satisfied with the way the story ends? Why or why not? What might you change about the ending?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the significance of Joseph in the story. What role does Joseph play in the narrative of the story? How does he relate to Moore? What does his character reveal about Moore? Why is his death significant?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)