|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Moore and Kreizler from being harassed by a mob in Chapter 27?
2. Which member of Kreizler's team is tortured by detectives?
3. The team realizes Beecham and Japheth are related how?
4. What is Pomeroy's first name?
5. When looking for Beecham's apartment, the team finds an elderly woman with what kind of pets?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the novel. How does he drive the plot? Discuss the ways the story benefits from having a real person as a character. What disadvantages are there to this usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the instance in the novel when Kreizler finally gets to interrogate the killer. What sorts of questions does Kreizler ask the killer? How does the killer respond to the questions? What techniques does the author use to portray the attitudes of both Kreizler and the killer? How does Kreizler seem to feel about the responses he receives?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)