Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Beecham when he joins the military?
2. Moore visits a Catholic church that is working on a new what?
3. Who is laughed at for being bald?
4. Who does Moore run into in Chapter 46 that will not admit that he helped the team?
5. How many children do Adam and his wife have?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the novel. How does he drive the plot? Discuss the ways the story benefits from having a real person as a character. What disadvantages are there to this usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the use of socioeconomic statuses and racial tensions in the novel. Where do you see class differences? Why are the distinctions important to the story? How are immigrants treated in the story? What about Native Americans? What do you think the author might be trying to say about the societal issues at the time when the story takes place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)