|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What facial disfigurement does Pomeroy have?
2. How does Adam say he has been married?
3. Pomeroy holds Moore captive with what?
4. The team realizes Beecham and Japheth are related how?
5. Which member of Kreizler's team is tortured by detectives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the novel. How does he drive the plot? Discuss the ways the story benefits from having a real person as a character. What disadvantages are there to this usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your feelings about the way the novel ended. What stands out most to you about the ending? Are you satisfied with the way the story ends? Why or why not? What might you change about the ending?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the use of foreshadowing in the novel. Choose at least two instances of foreshadowing and expand on them. How was the foreshadowed issue addressed later in the novel? Why do you think Carr chooses to use foreshadowing in these instances?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)