|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Beecham when he joins the military?
2. Moore visits a Catholic church that is working on a new what?
3. Who is laughed at for being bald?
4. Who does Moore run into in Chapter 46 that will not admit that he helped the team?
5. How many children do Adam and his wife have?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the team's visit with Adam Dury. How does Adam react when Moore and Kreizler first show up at his door? Why do you think he acts this way? What tone is set during their introductions? What does the team learn from Adam?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the use of socioeconomic statuses and racial tensions in the novel. Where do you see class differences? Why are the distinctions important to the story? How are immigrants treated in the story? What about Native Americans? What do you think the author might be trying to say about the societal issues at the time when the story takes place?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)