|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "That's one gutsy girl."?
2. Where has the latest victim been found in Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of Kreizler's friend who helped inspire his theory?
4. After seeing a letter from the killer to Mrs. Santorelli, it is determined that the killer is about how old?
5. A friend of Moore's writes an article about the killer for what newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similar murder to the murder of the boy prostitute does Kreizler bring up in Chapter 6?
2. How is the room where Giorgio served his clients described?
3. What concerns does the investigative team have they are studying psychology to learn about the killer's possible motives?
4. Why does Kreizler become angry when he is at Bellevue?
5. What happens when Sara and Moore run into Paul and Biff at the police department?
6. Why does Moore wake up in a strange place in Chapter 12?
7. What leads Kreizler to believe that the person who killed the boy prostitute is a serial killer?
8. What is the crime scene discovered on March 3, 1896?
9. Why does Kreizler want Moore to meet him at Bellevue the day after they find the first body?
10. Why is Sara waiting for Moore at his doorstep in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your feelings about the way the novel ended. What stands out most to you about the ending? Are you satisfied with the way the story ends? Why or why not? What might you change about the ending?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)