|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Roosevelt's son who Moore mentions in Chapter 1?
2. Who says, "Change isn't something most people enjoy, even if it's progressive change."?
3. What is Stevie's last name?
4. What is the only known cause for why the man in the insane asylum killed his neighbor's daughter?
5. What is the name of the restaurant where Moore and Kreizler meet for lunch after a funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the room where Giorgio served his clients described?
2. Why does Roosevelt want Moore's investigation into the boy prostitute's murder to be a secret.
3. Why does Moore wake up in a strange place in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Kreizler want Moore to meet him at Bellevue the day after they find the first body?
5. Why is the team quickly smuggled out the back of Castle Garden?
6. How do Moore and Kreizler begin reminiscing about the murder case that makes up the stories narrative?
7. What theories does the team develop about the killer's childhood and history, based on the evidence they have found?
8. Why is Sara concerned for the safety of the Santorellis?
9. What similar murder to the murder of the boy prostitute does Kreizler bring up in Chapter 6?
10. What does Moore learn from one of Giorgio's friends about his murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the novel. How does he drive the plot? Discuss the ways the story benefits from having a real person as a character. What disadvantages are there to this usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your feelings about the way the novel ended. What stands out most to you about the ending? Are you satisfied with the way the story ends? Why or why not? What might you change about the ending?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)