|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stage name of the expensive boy prostitute who tells Moore than Giorgio cannot be dead?
2. Lucius and Marcus have a background in what?
3. In what month does the novel open?
4. Who tells the rest of the team that fingerprinting has been rejected by every police department in the world?
5. What color are Joseph's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sara express concern for Kreizler in Chapter 19?
2. What do Moore and Sara learn when they go to the census office to ask if John ever worked there?
3. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
4. Why do Kreizler and Moore visit Kreizler's institute in Chapter 7?
5. What do the Isaacsons tell Moore and Kreizler about the murders of a brother and sister after examining their bodies?
6. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
7. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
8. What bad news do Moore and Kreizler receive in Chapter 36?
9. Why is Roosevelt excited about his meeting with Kreizler and Moore, which he tells Moore about at the watchtower?
10. What do Sara and Moore learn when they arrive at the home of the Santorellis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the instance in the novel when Kreizler finally gets to interrogate the killer. What sorts of questions does Kreizler ask the killer? How does the killer respond to the questions? What techniques does the author use to portray the attitudes of both Kreizler and the killer? How does Kreizler seem to feel about the responses he receives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why the team is drawn to the murder case. When do you first get the sense that the case is very important to Kreizler? Why do you think he initially becomes involved in wanting to solve it? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of secondary characters in the story. Why do you think there are so many secondary characters in the novel? What tone do they create? Why do you think the author introduces them all so soon in the narrative? What purpose might this serve?
This section contains 1,855 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)