|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Giorgio work at the time of his death?
2. What is the name of Moore's friend who writes a newspaper article about the killer?
3. What do two police officers have on their clothes, which causes someone to think the Santorellis might have been harmed?
4. Where has the latest victim been found in Chapter 14?
5. What kind of document does Kreizler and Moore find attached to a foul-smelling bad left in Kreizler's carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Roosevelt excited about his meeting with Kreizler and Moore, which he tells Moore about at the watchtower?
2. What do Sara and Moore learn when they arrive at the home of the Santorellis?
3. Why does Kreizler agree to rejoin the case?
4. What does Joseph tell Moore and Marcus about the second murdered boy prostitute?
5. What does the team find when they visit the apartment where John has been living?
6. What leads Kreizler to believe that the person who killed the boy prostitute is a serial killer?
7. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
8. What bad news do Moore and Kreizler receive in Chapter 36?
9. What does Kreizler tell Moore about Mary after they get shot at?
10. Why does Marcus become excited when he sees that the killer left the third murdered boy prostitute's eye in tact?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of secondary characters in the story. Why do you think there are so many secondary characters in the novel? What tone do they create? Why do you think the author introduces them all so soon in the narrative? What purpose might this serve?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of historically accurate aspects in the novel. What historically accurate events, places, people, or ideas have you noticed throughout the book? What techniques does the author use to paint a historically accurate picture of New York City at this time? What tone do you think Carr is trying to create?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
This section contains 1,839 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)