|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of document does Kreizler and Moore find attached to a foul-smelling bad left in Kreizler's carriage?
2. What is Moore's first name?
3. In what year do Moore and Kreizler investigate a series of murders together?
4. What is the name of Roosevelt's son who Moore mentions in Chapter 1?
5. Who tells the rest of the team that fingerprinting has been rejected by every police department in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moore wake up in a strange place in Chapter 12?
2. What do the Isaacsons tell Moore and Kreizler about the murders of a brother and sister after examining their bodies?
3. What happens when Sara and Moore run into Paul and Biff at the police department?
4. What does Biff tell Moore when he visits Paresis Hall in Chapter 11?
5. How do Moore and Kreizler begin reminiscing about the murder case that makes up the stories narrative?
6. Why is Roosevelt excited about his meeting with Kreizler and Moore, which he tells Moore about at the watchtower?
7. Why does Moore go to Paresis Hall in Chapter 11?
8. Why is the team quickly smuggled out the back of Castle Garden?
9. Why does Moore begin to suspect that Kreizler and Sara are in love?
10. How does Moore meet Joseph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of secondary characters in the story. Why do you think there are so many secondary characters in the novel? What tone do they create? Why do you think the author introduces them all so soon in the narrative? What purpose might this serve?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)