|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the novel open?
2. The man who killed his neighbor's daughter for no apparent reason has been put on what drug?
3. What does Biff do for a living?
4. In what year does the novel open?
5. What is the real name of the victim Joseph knew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kreizler want Moore to meet him at Bellevue the day after they find the first body?
2. What theories does the team develop about the killer's childhood and history, based on the evidence they have found?
3. What does Biff tell Moore when he visits Paresis Hall in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Sara express concern for Kreizler in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Kreizler become angry when he is at Bellevue?
6. What does Moore learn from one of Giorgio's friends about his murder?
7. Why does Moore begin to suspect that Kreizler and Sara are in love?
8. What similar murder to the murder of the boy prostitute does Kreizler bring up in Chapter 6?
9. How does Moore feel about the possibility that Kreizler and Sara are in love?
10. Why is the team quickly smuggled out the back of Castle Garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the revelation that Kreizler was abused as a child. Why do you think the author chose to make this character a victim of domestic abuse? What point might he be trying to make?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Moore and Kreizler. How are they alike and how are they different? How do the characters play off of each other? How might the story be different if either character was not present?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the role of Sara in the novel. What is her personality like? How does she interact with other characters? What seems to be her driving motivation? How would the novel be different without her? Do you think the author uses her character to make a statement about women in this time period? Why or why not? Use text to support your claim.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)