|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is getting coffee when a member of the team is beaten?
2. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
(a) Christopher Carpenter.
(b) Anthony Comstock.
(c) Frederick Summers.
(d) Joseph Gunn.
3. Who gives Moore and Kreizler permission to continue their investigation, against the wishes of his peers?
4. Who does Moore run into in Chapter 46 that will not admit that he helped the team?
5. Moore visits a Catholic church that is working on a new what?
(a) Orphan society.
(c) Food bank.
(d) Society for the blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is laughed at for being bald?
2. Who says, "No, sir, there was the devil in it all, somewhere..."?
3. Moore learns in D.C. about a murder that seems connected to the killer in what New York city?
4. Who saves Moore and Kreizler from being harassed by a mob in Chapter 27?
5. What body part of the victim found in Chapter 26 does Marcus want to photograph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moore find himself knocked unconscious at the Croton Reservoir?
2. How does Paul help Kreizler and his team?
3. What information does Sara uncover about the New Paltz murders?
4. Why does Marcus become excited when he sees that the killer left the third murdered boy prostitute's eye in tact?
5. What do Moore and Sara learn when they go to the census office to ask if John ever worked there?
6. How does John end up being sent to St. Elizabeth's Asylum?
7. What do Moore and Kreizler learn from Adam Dury?
8. What do Moore and Kreizler learn about Pomeroy's childhood when they talk to him?
9. Describe Moore's meeting with two local bishops when he is investigating the boy prostitute murders.
10. What clue do Moore and Kreizler uncover on a trip to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)