|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Sara calls Moore in Chapter 13 to tell him another murder had happened?
2. What does Paul do?
(a) Owns a restaurant.
(b) Leads a gang.
(c) Teaches music lessons.
(d) Works with finances.
3. What is the stage name of the victim Joseph knew?
4. The man who killed his neighbor's daughter for no apparent reason has been put on what drug?
(b) Chloral hydrate.
5. Where has the latest victim been found in Chapter 14?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) Castle Garden.
(d) Emerald Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where Moore and Kreizler meet for lunch after a funeral?
2. Why is Sara worried about Kreizler in Chapter 19?
3. Who helps Lucius examine the body of the victim found in Chapter 14?
4. In what year does the novel open?
5. Who does Joseph say called his murdered friend "uppity"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similar murder to the murder of the boy prostitute does Kreizler bring up in Chapter 6?
2. How do Moore and Kreizler begin reminiscing about the murder case that makes up the stories narrative?
3. Why does Sara express concern for Kreizler in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Stevie knock on Moore's door on the morning of March 3, 1896?
5. What does Marcus discover when examining the scene of the murder of the second boy prostitute?
6. Why does Moore wake up in a strange place in Chapter 12?
7. Why is Roosevelt excited about his meeting with Kreizler and Moore, which he tells Moore about at the watchtower?
8. What does Biff tell Moore when he visits Paresis Hall in Chapter 11?
9. Why does Moore begin to suspect that Kreizler and Sara are in love?
10. How does Kreizler react when Sara announces that she believes the killer had a woman in his life who has lead to his suffering?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)