|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Kreizler's team is tortured by detectives?
2. Who gives Moore and Kreizler permission to continue their investigation, against the wishes of his peers?
3. Moore begins researching unsolved crimes in what bureau?
(a) Bureau of Economic Analysis.
(b) Bureau of Consular Affairs.
(c) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(d) Census Bureau.
4. Who is getting coffee when a member of the team is beaten?
5. What activity does Adam say helped Japheth with his facial tick?
(a) Hunting animals.
(c) Being hugged.
(d) Writing poetry.
6. In Chapter 28, Moore and Kreizler wish to speak to an expert on what?
(a) European serial killers.
7. Who was abusive to Pomeroy because of his facial disfigurement?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His sister.
8. In what year is Beecham hired as a clerk for the census?
9. What body part of the victim found in Chapter 26 does Marcus want to photograph?
(a) The thumb.
(b) The eye.
(c) The toenail.
(d) The hair.
10. The father murdered in New York in 1880 had what profession?
11. Moore visits a Catholic church that is working on a new what?
(a) Society for the blind.
(b) Orphan society.
(c) Food bank.
12. What is the last name of the family that was murdered in New York in 1880?
13. Moore learns in D.C. about a murder that seems connected to the killer in what New York city?
(b) New Paltz.
14. In the final chapter, Moore says Sara lives where?
(b) New York.
15. While in the military, Beecham is involved what riot?
(c) Red Summer.
(d) May Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days in D.C. does Moore learn about a murder in New York that seems connected to the killer?
2. Kreizler believes the heart he finds in Beecham's apartment belonged to whom?
3. Where does the killer kick Moore, knocking him unconscious?
4. Who is laughed at for being bald?
5. What is the name of the Catholic bishop Moore visits in Chapter 22?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)