|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moore learns in D.C. about a murder that seems connected to the killer in what New York city?
(c) New Paltz.
2. How old is Beecham when he joins the military?
3. Who was abusive to Pomeroy because of his facial disfigurement?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. What branch of the military does Beecham join?
5. Where do Moore and Kreizler visit in Chapter 31?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Rhode Island.
6. Who was Pomeroy locked up for murdering?
(a) The maid.
(b) A neighbor girl.
(c) His brother.
(d) A teacher.
7. After how many days in D.C. does Moore learn about a murder in New York that seems connected to the killer?
8. What does the team find in Beecham's old room in an elderly woman's home?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) Photographs of children.
(c) A journal.
(d) A gun.
9. In what year is Beecham hired as a clerk for the census?
10. How is Mary killed?
(a) She is thrown down stairs.
(b) She is beaten to death.
(c) She is run over by a carriage.
(d) She is shot.
11. Who holds a gun to the killer's head when he is being interrogated?
12. Where do Moore and Kreizler go in Chapter 34 on the night when the killer is supposed to strike?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) The opera.
(c) A mass.
(d) The theater.
13. Where do Moore and Kreizler look for answers in Chapter 28?
(a) A factory.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) A museum.
14. Paul says he is a fan of whom?
15. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
(a) Joseph Gunn.
(b) Frederick Summers.
(c) Christopher Carpenter.
(d) Anthony Comstock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the victim found in Chapter 26?
2. How does Adam say he has been married?
3. In what year does Beecham join the military?
4. While in the military, Beecham is involved in a riot in what city?
5. Moore begins researching unsolved crimes in what bureau?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)