|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man with what profession leads the team to Beecham's real apartment?
(b) Private detective.
(d) Bill collector.
2. What is the name of the Episcopal bishop Moore visits in Chapter 22?
3. The father murdered in New York in 1880 had what profession?
4. What is the first name of the man that raped Japheth?
5. What is the name of the Catholic bishop Moore visits in Chapter 22?
6. Where does the killer kick Moore, knocking him unconscious?
(a) The back.
(b) The nose.
(c) The back of the head.
(d) The jaw.
7. Who is laughed at for being bald?
8. Which member of Kreizler's team is tortured by detectives?
9. Who was Pomeroy locked up for murdering?
(a) The maid.
(b) A neighbor girl.
(c) A teacher.
(d) His brother.
10. What kind of business does Stevie open?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A tobacco shop.
(d) A dress shop.
11. The team realizes Beecham and Japheth are related how?
(a) They are the same person.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They are father and son.
12. Under what unusual circumstance was Japheth born?
(a) He was born deaf.
(b) He was born at sea.
(c) He was a product of rape.
(d) He was premature.
13. After how many days in D.C. does Moore learn about a murder in New York that seems connected to the killer?
14. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a former police commissioner named what?
(a) Thomas Byrnes.
(b) Alan James.
(c) Eric Stevens.
(d) Graham Andrews.
15. What facial disfigurement does Pomeroy have?
(a) He has a harelip.
(b) He has a tumor.
(c) He has a large scar.
(d) He is missing an eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the military, Beecham is involved what riot?
2. In Chapter 30, Moore and Kreizler wake up to find a Postal Censor named what?
3. In what year is Beecham hired as a clerk for the census?
4. What is the name of the expert Moore and Kreizler talk to in Chapter 28?
5. How does Adam say he has been married?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)