|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what tool does Lucius believe the killer mutilated the brother and sister he killed?
(a) An axe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A scalpel.
2. What job does Roosevelt hold?
(c) Police commissioner.
(d) Private detective.
3. Moore says Hotel Gonfarone serves the best of what kind of food?
4. What is Paul's last name?
5. Where does Moore say fingerprinting got its first practical test?
6. How many women work for the New York City police department at the time when Kreizler is investigating a murder?
7. What is Lucius and Marcus' last name?
8. How old does Moore suspect Joseph is?
9. What relative does Moore live with?
10. What is the stage name of the expensive boy prostitute who tells Moore than Giorgio cannot be dead?
11. Who says, "But I can tell you, John--that's a man's work, back there."?
12. What is Moore reading when Sara calls him in Chapter 13 to tell him another murder had happened?
(a) The Maxims of Psychology.
(b) The Morals of Psychology.
(c) The Rules of Psychology.
(d) The Principles of Psychology.
13. Where does Giorgio work at the time of his death?
(a) Paresis Hall.
(b) Dumas Brothel.
(c) Bird Cage Theatre.
(d) Mustang Ranch.
14. What does Moore do for a living?
(a) Office manager.
15. Who befriends a young man named Joseph?
Short Answer Questions
1. The killer sends a letter to Mrs. Santorelli suggesting that he may have done what?
2. Who says, "I'm alive. And even more remarkably, I'm in New York."?
3. What nickname does Roosevelt's wife give to Kreizler?
4. What was the major reason Kreizler chose the new headquarters he picked in Chapter 12?
5. Sara once worked as an assistant to a person of what profession?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)