|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing a letter from the killer to Mrs. Santorelli, it is determined that the killer is trying to pretend to be what?
(d) A woman.
2. Where has the latest victim been found in Chapter 14?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Emerald Isle.
(c) Castle Garden.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. What is Kreizler's first name?
4. What is the name of Roosevelt's wife?
5. Who is Moore and Kreizler's liaison to the police department?
6. Who brings up the murder and mutilation of a brother and sister?
7. After seeing a letter from the killer to Mrs. Santorelli, it is determined that the killer is about how old?
8. What month is it when Sara calls Moore in Chapter 13 to tell him another murder had happened?
9. What is the name of Moore's friend who writes a newspaper article about the killer?
10. How does Kreizler feel when he learns that Mary spent a fun day with a man?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is not interested.
(d) He is happy.
11. Who says, "That's one gutsy girl."?
12. Where does Giorgio work at the time of his death?
(a) Dumas Brothel.
(b) Mustang Ranch.
(c) Paresis Hall.
(d) Bird Cage Theatre.
13. With what tool does Lucius believe the killer mutilated the brother and sister he killed?
(a) An axe.
(b) A fork.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A knife.
14. In what year does the novel open?
15. What is Lucius and Marcus' last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giorgio run away from home?
2. The cops who beat the Santorellis were accompanied by how many priests?
3. What does Kreizler do for a living?
4. Which character emphasizes that the killer should not be thought of as a monster?
5. Lucius and Marcus have a background in what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)