|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kreizler feel when he learns that Mary spent a fun day with a man?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is not interested.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is angry.
2. Who does Joseph say called his murdered friend "uppity"?
(a) Scotch Lynn.
(b) Scotch Jeanne.
(c) Scotch Belle.
(d) Scotch Ann.
3. What is the name of Kreizler's friend who helped inspire his theory?
(a) Adolf Meyer.
(b) Curtis Scott.
(c) Van Ericsson.
(d) David Vincent.
4. What is the real name of the victim Joseph knew?
5. Who takes Mary out for a day of fun in Chapter 16?
6. Who says, "But I can tell you, John--that's a man's work, back there."?
7. What is the stage name of the victim Joseph knew?
8. What color are Joseph's eyes?
9. What does Moore do for a living?
(a) Office manager.
10. What job does Roosevelt hold?
(b) Police commissioner.
(c) Private detective.
11. Who says, "Change isn't something most people enjoy, even if it's progressive change."?
12. Joseph says his friend who was murdered kept referring to the killer as what?
(a) A demon.
(b) An angel.
(c) A saint.
(d) A god.
13. Where in Kreizler's institute does he have an autopsy suite?
(a) West corridor.
(d) Ninth floor.
14. What is Stevie's last name?
15. What does Biff do for a living?
(a) Works in a church.
(b) Owns a bar.
(c) Works as a bookie.
(d) Sells cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the novel open?
2. Who says in Chapter 21 that a woman probably contributed to the killer's suffering?
3. What is the only known cause for why the man in the insane asylum killed his neighbor's daughter?
4. Sara points out that all the murders since January have taken place near what?
5. Who presents a letter sent to Mrs. Santorelli from the killer?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)