|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the novel open?
2. Who tells Moore that the Santorellis might have been harmed?
3. What kind of document does Kreizler and Moore find attached to a foul-smelling bad left in Kreizler's carriage?
(a) A sheet of music.
(b) A labor contract.
(c) A page from the Bible.
(d) A page from a scientific text.
4. Who befriends a young man named Joseph?
5. What does Paul do?
(a) Leads a gang.
(b) Owns a restaurant.
(c) Works with finances.
(d) Teaches music lessons.
6. In what year do Moore and Kreizler investigate a series of murders together?
7. Who tells the rest of the team that fingerprinting has been rejected by every police department in the world?
8. In Chapter 17, the team begins to think the killer with what in the city?
9. What is the address of the new headquarters Kreizler chooses for his team in Chapter 12?
(a) 808 Broadway.
(b) 1001 Wall Street.
(c) 205 Amsterdam.
(d) 403 Sixth Street.
10. Why is Sara worried about Kreizler in Chapter 19?
(a) He begins talking to himself.
(b) He has not been sleeping.
(c) He has a fever.
(d) He has not been eating.
11. What university are Moore and Kreizler graduates from?
12. Who says, "There's no sense of haste about these injuries."?
13. What is the name of Moore's maid?
14. What was the major reason Kreizler chose the new headquarters he picked in Chapter 12?
(a) His cousin owns the building.
(b) The view.
(c) Proximity to restaurants.
(d) Proximity to the police department.
15. Which character emphasizes that the killer should not be thought of as a monster?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the novel take place?
2. What ailment does Kreizler's housekeeper have?
3. With what tool does Lucius believe the killer mutilated the brother and sister he killed?
4. How many women work for the New York City police department at the time when Kreizler is investigating a murder?
5. Lucius and Marcus have a background in what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)