|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of equipment does Marcus believe the killer is using to gain entry to the crime scenes?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Electronic gadgets.
(c) Kitchen utensils.
(d) Mountain climbing gear.
2. Moore says Hotel Gonfarone serves the best of what kind of food?
3. How does Kreizler feel when he learns that Mary spent a fun day with a man?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is not interested.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is happy.
4. Why is Sara worried about Kreizler in Chapter 19?
(a) He has not been sleeping.
(b) He has not been eating.
(c) He has a fever.
(d) He begins talking to himself.
5. What is the name of the woman Moore was once engaged to?
6. What body parts were removed from a murdered brother and sister and left in a water tank?
7. Where has the latest victim been found in Chapter 14?
(a) Castle Garden.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) Emerald Isle.
(d) Ellis Island.
8. Who does Joseph say called his murdered friend "uppity"?
(a) Scotch Belle.
(b) Scotch Lynn.
(c) Scotch Ann.
(d) Scotch Jeanne.
9. In what year does the novel open?
10. Who presents a letter sent to Mrs. Santorelli from the killer?
11. What is Biff's real first name?
12. Who brings up the murder and mutilation of a brother and sister?
13. Where does Moore say fingerprinting got its first practical test?
14. Joseph says his friend who was murdered kept referring to the killer as what?
(a) A saint.
(b) A demon.
(c) An angel.
(d) A god.
15. Who says, "That's one gutsy girl."?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Moore and Kreizler go to find out who their liaison to police department will be?
2. What color are Joseph's eyes?
3. Who vehemently disagrees with the idea that a woman probably contributed to the killer's suffering?
4. Which character emphasizes that the killer should not be thought of as a monster?
5. After seeing a letter from the killer to Mrs. Santorelli, it is determined that the killer is trying to pretend to be what?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)