|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexius capture at the start of Book VIII?
(a) All of the Dalmatian catapults.
(b) A Byzantine city.
(c) 500 horses.
(d) An entire legion of Turks.
2. Who dies at the start of Book XIV?
3. At what church do all the forces amassed come to worship?
(a) St. Charles.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Holy Sepulcher.
(d) St. Basil.
4. Who does Alexius choose to fight Tzachas?
(a) John Ducas.
(b) Michael Ducas.
(c) He wants to fight Tzachas himself.
5. Who is the Prince of Babylon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bohemund seek an alliance with?
2. Who does Alexius trust to go against the Comans in war?
3. How many days is Alexius delayed by the conspiracy against him?
4. Where is Alexius heading after the arrest of the conspirator?
5. Who flees after the event of Levunium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexius hear about Tzachas?
2. What does Alexius hope to do Bohemund's allies, friends, and servants?
3. Why did Alexius' advisers try to dissuade him?
4. What happened to the Scythians in the battle at Levenium that proved pivotal to the war?
5. What happens between Ducas and Tzachas at the beginning of Book IX?
6. What happens between Bohemund and Alexius at the end of Book XI?
7. In Book XI, what are the Frankish troops doing?
8. What does Anna say about Alexius' pain?
9. Where does Alexius want to travel and who does he ask to accompany him?
10. What is happening in Nicea at the beginning of Book XI?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)