|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexius make Duke of the fleet?
(b) Isaac Contostephanus.
(d) Michael Ducas.
2. Who tries to raise an army to go after Alexius according to Anna?
(b) The Turks
(d) The Dalmatians.
3. What city does Bohemund capture?
4. What Sultan starts to amass an army to fight for the Asian land ruled by Alexius?
5. Who is the Prince of Babylon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who engages Tzachas in battle according to Anna?
2. Who attacks Bithynia according to Anna?
3. Who does Alexius want to fight before his advisers dissuade him?
4. Who plots against Alexius according to Anna?
5. Who lays siege to numerous cities according to Anna in Book IX?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexius hear about Tzachas?
2. What happened with Nilus at the beginning of Book X?
3. What happened to the Scythians in the battle at Levenium that proved pivotal to the war?
4. What do the negotiations discussed at the end of Book XIII result in?
5. At the end of Book XII, who does Bohemund meet with and what does he hope to incite?
6. What happened with Diogenes at the end of Book IX?
7. Why are the Turks terrified?
8. What happens to Bohemund's ships and what happens as a result?
9. What did Alexius want the crusaders to do at the end of Book X?
10. What does Anna say about Alexius' pain?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)