|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexius set fire to according to Anna?
(c) Bohemund's ships.
(d) The Sultan's palace.
2. Who had power in the Coman nation according to Anna?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Paulicians.
(d) The Genoans.
3. What place does Bohemund reach at the start of Book XII?
4. Who does Bohemund seek an alliance with?
(a) Duke of Normandy.
(b) The pope.
(c) King of France.
(d) King of Germany.
5. Who does Alexius choose to fight Tzachas?
(a) He wants to fight Tzachas himself.
(c) John Ducas.
(d) Michael Ducas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexius capture at the start of Book VIII?
2. What major city does Anna say is besieged next?
3. Who leads the Norman army according to Anna?
4. What type of alliance is Bohemund seeking?
5. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Book XII, who does Bohemund meet with and what does he hope to incite?
2. Why are the Turks terrified?
3. What does Bohemund do when he reaches Lombardy in Book XII?
4. Who sucks Alexius into battle?
5. What does Anna suggest about her father's stature at the end of Book XIV?
6. What was not safe, according to Book VIII?
7. What is happening in Nicea at the beginning of Book XI?
8. What does Alexius hear about Tzachas?
9. What happened between Tzachas and the Sultan in Book IX?
10. What does Anna say about Alexius' pain?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)