|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexius choose to fight Tzachas?
(a) Michael Ducas.
(b) He wants to fight Tzachas himself.
(c) John Ducas.
2. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
(a) Anna does not qualify it.
3. What major city does Anna say is besieged next?
4. Who does Anna say Alexius finds and imprisons while he is conquering the Scythians?
(b) John Ducas.
5. Who is the Prince of Babylon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alexius capture after leading a revolt in Trapezus?
2. What does Clitziasthlan invite Tzachas to?
3. Who sent an odd message to Alexius according to Anna?
4. Who does Alexius need to focus on before returning home according to Anna at the start of Book XIV?
5. Who does Alexius want to defeat without battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bohemund's ships and what happens as a result?
2. What happened between Tzachas and the Sultan in Book IX?
3. Why did Alexius' advisers try to dissuade him?
4. What does Anna suggest about her father's stature at the end of Book XIV?
5. What does Bohemund do when he reaches Lombardy in Book XII?
6. What plot did Alexius create in Book X of "The Alexiad" and was it successful?
7. Where does Alexius want to travel and who does he ask to accompany him?
8. What did Alexius want the crusaders to do at the end of Book X?
9. What does Alexius hope to do Bohemund's allies, friends, and servants?
10. At the end of Book XII, who does Bohemund meet with and what does he hope to incite?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)