|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Anna speak according to the Preface and Book I?
2. What is Tzelgu's fate according to Anna?
(a) He was killed by a jealous underling.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He was recalled for incompetence.
(d) He died drowning.
3. What is the name of Queen Maria's son?
(c) Caesar Classius.
4. Where is Alexius resting after his battle with Robert?
(b) Achrida and Diabolis.
5. Who does Robert delegate some of his troops to?
(a) No one.
(b) The pope.
(d) John Italus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Robert's sons?
2. What does Melissenus want in order to renounce the throne?
3. What was John Italus accused of spreading?
4. Who does Pope Gregory VII have a dispute with?
5. Why does Anna think that Rome was weak when his father was fighting for the emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexius drive Byrennius out of Castoria at the beginning of Book VI?
2. What problems arise with the Ducas family at the beginning of Book III?
3. At the end of Book V, what happened to the heretic when Alexius returned home?
4. What happened to Paleaologus during one of the battles described in Book IV?
5. What happened when people heard that Alexius survived the battle?
6. What is the conflict over choosing the Emperor?
7. What does Alexius do when distributing titles?
8. What is the dissension over Pope Gregory VII, as noted at the end of Book I and why is it significant?
9. In Book V, what ancient law did Alexius examine and who acted in opposition?
10. What is the prophecy at the end of Book II?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)