|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexius battle at the start of Book IX?
(b) Tzachas and Dalmatians.
(c) Bohemund and Turks.
2. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
(a) Anna does not qualify it.
3. Who joins armies with Bohemund, the Counts and Godfrey according to Anna at the start of Book XI?
(c) John Ducas.
(d) The Sultan.
4. What heretic does Anna open Book X with?
(c) Julius Macedonius
5. What does Alexius' plan against the invaders entail according to Anna?
(a) Paying them to leave.
(b) Digging a canal.
(c) Getting more allies.
(d) Facing them face to face.
6. What city does Tzachas conquer during a rebellion in Cyprus?
7. Who attacks the Empire of Cicilia in Book XII?
(c) The King of France.
8. Who had power in the Coman nation according to Anna?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Genoans.
(d) The Paulicians.
9. Who tries to raise an army to go after Alexius according to Anna?
(a) The Turks
(d) The Dalmatians.
10. Who killed the rebel Ducas was sent to quell?
(a) The people.
(b) They killed themselves instead of surrendering.
(c) Ducas' army.
11. Who does Alexius want to accompany him to the western countries?
(a) Empress Irene.
12. What type of alliance is Bohemund seeking?
13. Who engages Tzachas in battle according to Anna?
(b) Alexius' main army.
(c) Michael Ducas.
(d) John Ducas.
14. Who does Alexius capture after leading a revolt in Trapezus?
(c) Isaac Contostephanus.
(d) Gregory Taronites.
15. What does Clitziasthlan invite Tzachas to?
(b) A duel to the death.
(c) A dinner.
(d) Fight together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army amasses after Alexius is successful in folding the invading army?
2. What does Anna say Bohemund did to fool Alexius at the end of Book XI?
3. What does Alexius capture at the start of Book VIII?
4. Who has Nilus cavorted with?
5. Who conspires against Alexius at the start of Book XIII?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)