|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Bithynia according to Anna?
(a) The Scythians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Spaniards.
2. Who does Alexius want to fight before his advisers dissuade him?
(b) The King of France.
(d) The Sultan.
3. What does Clitziasthlan invite Tzachas to?
(b) Fight together.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A duel to the death.
4. Who does Alexius battle at the start of Book IX?
(a) Bohemund and Turks.
(b) Tzachas and Dalmatians.
5. Who sent an odd message to Alexius according to Anna?
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Duke of Normandy.
6. Why does Anna say her account of the events that took place is accurate?
(a) She was alive when they took place and she has reliable witnesses.
(b) She never lies because she knows God is watching.
(c) She has trustworthy witnesses.
(d) She has the letters her father sent to her mother.
7. Who is sent to kill Alexius according to Anna?
(c) Isaac Modecius.
8. Who leads the Norman army according to Anna?
(b) Duke of Normandy.
(c) The Flanders brothers.
(d) Charles V.
9. What does Alexius' plan against the invaders entail according to Anna?
(a) Paying them to leave.
(b) Digging a canal.
(c) Facing them face to face.
(d) Getting more allies.
10. What does Anna say Bohemund did to fool Alexius at the end of Book XI?
(a) Fake his death.
(b) Retreat his army from Jerusalem.
(c) Hire mercenaries to fake an attack on the Venetians.
(d) Burn Jerusalem to the ground.
11. Where does Alexius head after the fall of Dyrrachium?
12. What hung in the sky for 40 days according to Anna?
(a) A mysterious cloud.
(b) A large bird.
(d) A comet.
13. Who does Alexius choose to fight Tzachas?
(a) Michael Ducas.
(b) He wants to fight Tzachas himself.
(d) John Ducas.
14. What was odd about the army Alexius was fearful of?
(a) It was decentralized.
(b) They were advancing slowly.
(c) They were using low bows.
(d) It was made exclusively of foot soldiers.
15. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
(c) Anna does not qualify it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after peace is made with the Turks do the Comans enter Alexius' empire?
2. Who does Anna say continues to move forward and conquer more land?
3. What were the armies coming to Constantinople amassing for?
4. Who does Anna say Alexius finds and imprisons while he is conquering the Scythians?
5. Who does Alexius defeat at the start of Book VIII?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)