|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what church do all the forces amassed come to worship?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) Holy Sepulcher.
(c) St. Basil.
(d) St. Charles.
2. What were the armies coming to Constantinople amassing for?
(a) The First Crusade.
(b) To defeat Bohemund.
(c) Defeat Alexius.
(d) The Second Crusade.
3. Where does Alexius send the fleet?
4. Who do the inhabitants of the city Bohemund and his allies want to conquer call for help?
(b) The Sultan.
(d) The King of France.
5. What happens at Levunium according to Anna?
(a) The Dalmatians turn on Alexius.
(b) The Scythians are wiped out.
(c) Isaac joins forces with Alexius.
(d) Alexius grants mercy to Nilus.
6. Who flees after the event of Levunium?
(a) The Comans.
(b) Bohemund's army.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Scythians.
7. Where is Alexius heading after the arrest of the conspirator?
8. Who does Alexius send to Ephesus according to Anna?
(a) Michael Ducas.
(d) John Ducas.
9. What do the Latins try to capture according to Anna?
10. What does Anna say was not safe at the end of Book VIII?
(a) The throne.
(b) Isaac's position.
(c) The southern border.
(d) His mother.
11. How were the Christians of Ephesus treated according to Anna?
(a) With fear.
(c) Like everyone else.
12. What does Alexius capture at the start of Book VIII?
(a) All of the Dalmatian catapults.
(b) 500 horses.
(c) An entire legion of Turks.
(d) A Byzantine city.
13. Who's Turkish troops does Anna say Alexius defeated?
14. What does Anna say Bohemund did to fool Alexius at the end of Book XI?
(a) Fake his death.
(b) Hire mercenaries to fake an attack on the Venetians.
(c) Retreat his army from Jerusalem.
(d) Burn Jerusalem to the ground.
15. Who has Nilus cavorted with?
(a) The Franks.
(b) The Scythians.
(d) The Comans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heretic does Anna open Book X with?
2. Who engages Tzachas in battle according to Anna?
3. What army amasses after Alexius is successful in folding the invading army?
4. Who intercepted the Sultan's army according to Anna?
5. Who joins forces with Alexius according to Anna?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)