|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the Norman army according to Anna?
(a) The Flanders brothers.
(b) Duke of Normandy.
(d) Charles V.
2. What does Clitziasthlan invite Tzachas to?
(a) A duel to the death.
(c) A dinner.
(d) Fight together.
3. What information does Alexius receive at the start of Book IX?
(a) Tzachas' movements.
(b) Part of his army defected.
(c) A plot is unfolding in Constantinople.
(d) Part of his army fell into a trap.
4. Who does Anna say continues to move forward and conquer more land?
(a) The Sultan.
(c) The Counts.
5. What city does Tzachas conquer during a rebellion in Cyprus?
6. Who dies at the start of Book XIV?
7. Who does Alexius want to fight before his advisers dissuade him?
(b) The Sultan.
(d) The King of France.
8. At what church do all the forces amassed come to worship?
(a) Holy Sepulcher.
(b) St. Basil.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) St. Charles.
9. What Sultan starts to amass an army to fight for the Asian land ruled by Alexius?
10. Why does Anna say her account of the events that took place is accurate?
(a) She never lies because she knows God is watching.
(b) She was alive when they took place and she has reliable witnesses.
(c) She has the letters her father sent to her mother.
(d) She has trustworthy witnesses.
11. What does Alexius set fire to according to Anna?
(a) Bohemund's ships.
(c) The Sultan's palace.
12. Who ally themselves against Alexius and want to send their ships to lay waste to the sea board?
(a) Pisans and Normans.
(b) Pisans, Genoans and Lombards.
(c) Turks and Franks.
(d) Genoans and Germans.
13. What year is the beginning of Book VIII set in?
14. Who allows Bohemund to cross in Ilyria?
(a) The Venetians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Pope.
15. What does Alexius' plan against the invaders entail according to Anna?
(a) Digging a canal.
(b) Paying them to leave.
(c) Facing them face to face.
(d) Getting more allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tzachas lose after bringing some Turk troops to his side?
2. Who does Alexius battle at the start of Book IX?
3. Who does Bohemund seek an alliance with?
4. Where do the Scythians attack Alexius' army?
5. Who sent an odd message to Alexius according to Anna?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)