|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tzachas lose after bringing some Turk troops to his side?
(a) His cavalry.
(b) A few siege weapons.
(c) His son.
(d) A few vessels.
2. Who does Robert go to see with his troops?
(c) The pope.
(d) John Italus.
3. What frightens Alexius according to Anna?
(a) Robert's will.
(b) The pope.
(c) Robert's disregard for his men.
(d) Robert's army.
4. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
(c) Anna does not qualify it.
5. Who is made Caesar after Alexius takes power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Scythians attack after being driven off by Alexius?
2. What does Alexius' plan against the invaders entail according to Anna?
3. What was John Italus accused of spreading?
4. Who proclaimed himself emperor of Rome and was defeated by Alexius?
5. What were the armies coming to Constantinople amassing for?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)