|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the Counts resisting?
(a) Having mercy on their prisoners.
(b) Swearing loyalty to Alexius.
(c) Fighting against the Turks.
(d) Swearing loyalty to Bohemund.
2. What rumor appears after Alexius is crowned emperor according to Anna?
(a) He would force the conversion of the Turks.
(b) He would take Queen Maria as wife.
(c) He would try to expand toward the Frank kingdom.
(d) He would not take a queen.
3. Why does Botaniates renounce his claim to the throne?
(a) His was paid off.
(b) His army is not powerful enough.
(c) His family obligations prevented it.
(d) His wife talked him out of it.
4. At what church do all the forces amassed come to worship?
(a) St. Charles.
(b) St. Basil.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) Holy Sepulcher.
5. Where is Bohemund when he hears about Bryennius' actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna qualify Alexius ' victory?
2. What do the Scythians attack after being driven off by Alexius?
3. Who does Anna say tries to act in order to remove the suspicion that arose after Alexius took power?
4. Who opposes the means Alexius found to raise money?
5. What town does Anna say gave itself freely to Robert at the start of Book V?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)