|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Henry's ambassador according to Anna?
(a) He switched allegiance.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He fled the country.
(d) He was tortured.
2. Why does Melissenus reconsider his claim to the throne according to Anna?
(a) He does not want the responsibility.
(b) He was paid off.
(c) The Comnenus family is powerful.
(d) His armies defected.
3. What happens at Levunium according to Anna?
(a) Isaac joins forces with Alexius.
(b) Alexius grants mercy to Nilus.
(c) The Dalmatians turn on Alexius.
(d) The Scythians are wiped out.
4. Where does Alexius send the fleet?
5. Who opposes the means Alexius found to raise money?
(a) Metaxas and Leo.
(b) The pope.
(c) Alexius' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Bohemund capture?
2. Who is made Caesar after Alexius takes power?
3. What was John Italus accused of spreading?
4. Who does Anna say tries to act in order to remove the suspicion that arose after Alexius took power?
5. What city does Robert take on his way to Dyrrachium?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)