|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Anna say Alexius was able to ally with?
2. Who proclaimed himself emperor of Rome and was defeated by Alexius?
(b) Nicephorus Bryennius.
(c) Mark Antony.
3. At the start of Book II, what rank does Alexius attain under Michael Ducas?
(a) General in chief.
4. Why does Melissenus reconsider his claim to the throne according to Anna?
(a) His armies defected.
(b) He does not want the responsibility.
(c) He was paid off.
(d) The Comnenus family is powerful.
5. Who opposes the means Alexius found to raise money?
(b) The pope.
(c) Alexius' mother.
(d) Metaxas and Leo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alexius crowned emperor according to Anna?
2. What king allies himself with Alexius?
3. What army does Anna say Alexius defeated during the time of the conflict over the emperor's succession?
4. What marriage are Isaac and Anna Dalassena able to arrange?
5. Who does Robert delegate some of his troops to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)