|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Book II, what rank does Alexius attain under Michael Ducas?
(b) General in chief.
2. Who does Anna's father fight against before becoming emperor?
3. How is Alexius crowned emperor according to Anna?
(a) The emperor dies.
(b) The aging emperor abdicates.
(c) Alexius overthrows the emperor.
(d) Alexius asks Isaac to kill the emperor.
4. Who does Alexius ask for military support against Robert?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Henry IV of Germany.
(c) Nicephorus Bryennius.
5. What does Anna say Alexius invents for his brother Isaac?
(a) A position higher than Caesar.
(b) A new currency.
(c) A new kingdom.
(d) A new law that allows Isaac to marry who he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered to take over the throne before Alexius according to Anna?
2. Why does Alexius have many devotees?
3. What happened to Henry's ambassador according to Anna?
4. Why does Melissenus reconsider his claim to the throne according to Anna?
5. What language does Anna speak according to the Preface and Book I?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)