|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family helped Alexius secure the right of the throne over his brother Isaac?
(a) The Robert family.
(b) The Ducas family.
(c) The Claudius family.
(d) The Caesar family.
2. What emperor sent Alexius to fight in eastern provinces?
3. What does Anna say about the accounts in the book?
(a) They are meant to make people laugh.
(b) They are pro-papacy.
(c) They are part fictional.
(d) They will not be distorted.
4. Who is considered to take over the throne before Alexius according to Anna?
(b) Michael Ducas.
5. What does Pope Gregory VII accuse the one he had a dispute with of?
(c) Of not giving enough money to the church.
(d) Of being weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melissenus want in order to renounce the throne?
2. What does Robert want that forced Alexius to fight him?
3. Who does Anna say tries to act in order to remove the suspicion that arose after Alexius took power?
4. Who does Pope Gregory VII have a dispute with?
5. What marriage are Isaac and Anna Dalassena able to arrange?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)