|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Henry's ambassador according to Anna?
(a) He switched allegiance.
(b) He fled the country.
(c) He was sent away.
(d) He was tortured.
2. At the start of Book II, what rank does Alexius attain under Michael Ducas?
(c) General in chief.
3. What threat does Anna end Book VI with?
4. What information does Alexius receive at the start of Book IX?
(a) A plot is unfolding in Constantinople.
(b) Part of his army fell into a trap.
(c) Part of his army defected.
(d) Tzachas' movements.
5. What army does Tzelgu command according to Anna in Book VII?
(a) The Turk army.
(d) Robert's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family helped Alexius secure the right of the throne over his brother Isaac?
2. What does Pope Gregory VII accuse the one he had a dispute with of?
3. What war does Book IV introduce?
4. What do Alexius and Bohemund swear for at the end of the negotiations?
5. What marriage are Isaac and Anna Dalassena able to arrange?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)