|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
2. What does Williams say the world hates?
3. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
4. What was Williams' godmother's name?
5. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
2. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
3. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
4. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
5. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
6. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
7. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
8. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
9. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
10. What story does Williams share of being detained?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' experience with the law review and determine whether the law review had the right to edit the piece. Discuss the ramifications of the law review's decision.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)