|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
2. What wasn't binding during slavery?
3. What did white men define under slavery?
4. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
5. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
3. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
4. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
5. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
6. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
7. What did Williams believe about Judge Maxine Thomas?
8. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
9. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
10. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the two ideas of freedom, both the liberal and the radical and determine what Williams supports.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism and significance of polar bears to Williams and discuss their influence on Williams.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)