|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
2. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
3. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
4. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
5. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
2. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
3. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
4. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
5. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
6. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
7. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
8. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
9. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
10. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' experience with the law review and determine whether the law review had the right to edit the piece. Discuss the ramifications of the law review's decision.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' rejection of the Supreme Court and examine how they gutted the Civil Rights Act. Determine whether or not you agree with Williams' conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)