|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
2. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
3. What did white men define under slavery?
4. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
5. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
2. What did Williams believe about Judge Maxine Thomas?
3. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
4. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
5. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
6. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
7. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
8. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the three features of American jurisprudence and determine how they influence race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Williams' personal writing style and conclude whether it was too much for people or whether she sacrifices herself in her writing.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)