|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
2. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
3. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
5. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What did Williams believe about Judge Maxine Thomas?
3. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
4. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
5. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
6. What story does Williams share of being detained?
7. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
8. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
9. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
10. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Critical Legal Studies movement, as well as its impact on the law in regards to race and rights.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)