|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
2. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
3. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
4. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
5. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
2. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
3. What story does Williams share of being detained?
4. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
5. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
6. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
7. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
8. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
10. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the two ideas of freedom, both the liberal and the radical and determine what Williams supports.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' experience with Benetton and discuss the situation in relation to race and rights.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)