|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
3. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
4. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
5. What did white men define under slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
2. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
3. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
4. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
5. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
6. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
7. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
8. What story does Williams share of being detained?
9. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
10. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 2
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)