|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did white men define under slavery?
2. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
3. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
4. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
5. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
2. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
3. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
4. What story does Williams share of being detained?
5. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
6. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
7. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
8. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Critical Legal Studies movement, as well as its impact on the law in regards to race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)