|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
2. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
3. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
4. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
2. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
4. What did Williams believe about Judge Maxine Thomas?
5. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
6. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
7. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
8. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
9. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
10. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the segregationist instinct and why Williams thinks two attitudes are involved in this instinct.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the two ideas of freedom, both the liberal and the radical and determine what Williams supports.
Essay Topic 3
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)