|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
2. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
3. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
4. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
2. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
3. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
4. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
5. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
6. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
7. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
8. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
9. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
10. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' experience with the law review and determine whether the law review had the right to edit the piece. Discuss the ramifications of the law review's decision.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the two ideas of freedom, both the liberal and the radical and determine what Williams supports.
Essay Topic 3
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)