|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
3. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
4. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
2. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
3. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
5. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
6. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
7. What story does Williams share of being detained?
8. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
9. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
10. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the two ideas of freedom, both the liberal and the radical and determine what Williams supports.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three features of American jurisprudence and determine how they influence race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the story of Eleanor Bumpurs and determine whether it was a simple oversight or if there was an issue of race and rights.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)