|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
2. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
3. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
4. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
5. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' view on private property and slavery, focusing on the examples of private contract rights presented.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' experience with the law review and determine whether the law review had the right to edit the piece. Discuss the ramifications of the law review's decision.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)