|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Williams' godmother's name?
2. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
3. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of the pregnant woman and examine Williams' fantasy of gorilla insemination. Determine how this would complicate the idea of choice and whether it was a relevant hypothetical suggestion in regards to race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' view on private property and slavery, focusing on the examples of private contract rights presented.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three features of American jurisprudence and determine how they influence race and rights.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)