|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
2. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
5. What does Williams say contract law implies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
2. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
3. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
4. What story does Williams share of being detained?
5. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
6. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
8. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
10. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the segregationist instinct and why Williams thinks two attitudes are involved in this instinct.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the case of the pregnant woman and examine Williams' fantasy of gorilla insemination. Determine how this would complicate the idea of choice and whether it was a relevant hypothetical suggestion in regards to race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)