|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say contract law implies?
2. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
4. What was Williams' godmother's name?
5. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
2. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
3. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
4. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
5. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
6. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
7. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
8. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the story of Eleanor Bumpurs and determine whether it was a simple oversight or if there was an issue of race and rights.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)