|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
2. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
3. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
4. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
5. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
3. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
4. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
5. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
6. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
7. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
8. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
9. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
10. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Essay Topic 3
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)